• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help with pet spells

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Would love more information about this, even if it's simply other tamers observations and conjecture. I suppose it is difficult to know for sure what is going on with the pets magical abilities AI, but anything any of you may have noticed might be useful to someone! @Khaelor the information you and your guild have collected and shared on your site is very impressive! Thank you for the time that must have taken.

While it's clear chiv has the best damage potential, I am curious about the aoe spells from mystic and spellweaving, as well. I know many dedicated tamers like having a pet for every magic, are the others (necro, too) even fun to play with? Or do they simply pale in comparison to chiv pets?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would love more information about this, even if it's simply other tamers observations and conjecture. I suppose it is difficult to know for sure what is going on with the pets magical abilities AI, but anything any of you may have noticed might be useful to someone! @Khaelor the information you and your guild have collected and shared on your site is very impressive! Thank you for the time that must have taken.

While it's clear chiv has the best damage potential, I am curious about the aoe spells from mystic and spellweaving, as well. I know many dedicated tamers like having a pet for every magic, are the others (necro, too) even fun to play with? Or do they simply pale in comparison to chiv pets?
If you want to have fun, try out other pet templates and see what you like. If you simply want to do the most damage, use chiv pets. In the end, they all do the same thing. One just gets you there a bit quicker.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Mysticism is next best after Chivalry. They also cure and heal plus use a lot of spells. It is fun to use. Pets throw rocks etc.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should always make pets you like, but I'm a big believer in having at least two chiv pets of different damage types. They are just very useful and big numbers are fun.

But play around. If you love that wrestling Dragon Wolf, more power to you. @Khyro has a TON of spiders. he loves them. He went so far as to tame dread spiders in tokuno so he could try bushido on them. We have chiv Skrees, I have poison breath unicorns, discord unicorns, and a whole lot of other unicorns (and I hate unicorns but they are such good pets for a variety of things)

We are both minmaxers though, so we generally want the best dps performance we can get out of a pet. Like a Sampire often plays. So we often play with our chiv pets.

Lots of people like mystic pets, my first trained pet after 97 launched was a mysticism cold drake.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should always make pets you like, but I'm a big believer in having at least two chiv pets of different damage types. They are just very useful and big numbers are fun.

But play around. If you love that wrestling Dragon Wolf, more power to you. @Khyro has a TON of spiders. he loves them. He went so far as to tame dread spiders in tokuno so he could try bushido on them. We have chiv Skrees, I have poison breath unicorns, discord unicorns, and a whole lot of other unicorns (and I hate unicorns but they are such good pets for a variety of things)

We are both minmaxers though, so we generally want the best dps performance we can get out of a pet. Like a Sampire often plays. So we often play with our chiv pets.

Lots of people like mystic pets, my first trained pet after 97 launched was a mysticism cold drake.
As a minmaxer myself, I find myself almost exclusively using a chiv/ai lesser hiryu. For certain things I'll switch out for an elemental damage pet.
What pets do you recommend? I have pre-patch pets of all kinds and I am open to trying something new.