• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help with locating treasure!

B

Blockhead

Ok, I finally hit gm cart and lockpicking, I decoded my first map and set out to look for the treasure.

I have been trying to dig up the treasurre all over where the pin marks on the map, with no luck, Im using a shovel to try to dig it up, what am I doing wrong?

edit: I found a rune library I land right on the axact loc and try to dig the location and it says I cannot mine there? Am I using the wrong tool to dig?

nm figured you have to click on the map then click on the area! doh!!

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you are clicking on the shovel and then targeting the ground.....

You need to click the shovel, target the specific treasure map, then target the ground...

Sorry if this sounds too simple but just seems to reflect the message you indicated "cannot mine here".

been there and done that

M

MoneyMaker

Glad that you were able to get that straightened out. Just remember that most rune libraries are copies of copies of copies, so you might be off by a tile or two, but generally in the area of the chest. UOAM is a great tool for treasure maps too. It will give you a pin just like the treasure map and you will know when your on the exact spot.

Good hunting!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like you are clicking on the shovel and then targeting the ground.....

You need to click the shovel, target the specific treasure map, then target the ground...

Sorry if this sounds too simple but just seems to reflect the message you indicated "cannot mine here".

been there and done that
Why do people want to do it the hard way?

I usually just have the tool in my backpack, bring up the map's gump by clicking on it, and selecting "dig for treasure", then target the ground. That way, you don't have to click on the shovel AT ALL.

J

Jermosh

Why do people want to do it the hard way?

I usually just have the tool in my backpack, bring up the map's gump by clicking on it, and selecting "dig for treasure", then target the ground. That way, you don't have to click on the shovel AT ALL.
Do you know how many chests I have dug and never knew that? Talk about the proverbial "teaching an old dog new tricks".