• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help with blacksmith

P

packrat

My friend is stuck at 108.. what does she make to get from 108-120? I read somewhere on here that you can make circets or something like that to get to 120 can someone help please?

Hobo Sapien

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Royal Circlet, keep at it. Make sure your friend has the points to go higher. Skills not locked etc.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sound Advice, but mix it up now and then with plate arms and gorget. Move around after large batch. Say you are smithing at home, move to delucia or minoc...and such. Persistance is the key:]

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've trained over 30 blacksmith and tailors in my years playing UO.

You'll hit dry spells every now and then. I've seen 400-500 hammer swings between gains before. It happens.

Here's a few things to try.

Make something different, something considerably more difficult to make than what you've been making.

Take a break. Stop for an hour or two and come back. Sometimes you get a gain right away.

Commit suicide. Kill yourself. Undress, grab some poison and go to a healer and drink it. However you do it, just do it. Totally and completely unproven but quite commonly recommended when you hit a wall during training.

Last but not least, check your skill cap.