• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new anncouncement concering the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the annoucnement Here!

[Imbuing] Need help imbueing. Please read.

Quickjohn

Adventurer
Ok so I'm 120 imbue, tailor,bs,gm in other trade skills

I wanna start making food sets. For luck,samp,dex,mage.
How do I make these suits. To gain skills I just made same stuff over and over.

Uo guide gives no real answer! :(

I wanna make kick ass armor and wep to sell. I have all the skill.
What do i need?

In general how do i make the most powerful armor and wep in the game?????

I have every tradeskill.
 

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dont know if is update but is the most general guide for imbuing.
If you read uoguide.com and imbuing calculator you can find what you need.
This skill is very very hard because most materials are expensive and have rare loot

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk
 

Telchar

Adventurer
Ok so I'm 120 imbue, tailor,bs,gm in other trade skills

I wanna start making food sets. For luck,samp,dex,mage.
How do I make these suits. To gain skills I just made same stuff over and over.

Uo guide gives no real answer! :(

I wanna make kick ass armor and wep to sell. I have all the skill.
What do i need?

In general how do i make the most powerful armor and wep in the game?????

I have every tradeskill.

Hey Quickjohn,

What did you discover on this? I am in the same boat and I too am looking for more info on this.
 

Xris

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
For luck you have to reforge to 150 luck then use forged metal of artifacts (or take a gamble on it breaking- it probably will without it) to enhance to 190. Imbuing is good for 100 ele weaps and basic sampire suits. You can usually build a better suit for less money by buying armor off VS. Imbuing has been meh for a while now. Theres a write up on getting to 190 luck here on stratics somewhere.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
 

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unless they've changed things, anything over about 140 luck before enhancing is a guaranteed failure or break (0% success chance) even with 120 Smith and a +60 ASH.
Tailoring, because of there being no equivalent to an ASH, is around 130 Luck where 0% success chance hits - but since only Physical is changed with spined, the failure chance is just based on two variables.
All the other crafting skills used for enhancing are capped at 100 skill, and often change more than one other property, so the maximum Luck before it's 0% success is somewhere around 120.

However, I do believe that there are occasional glitches in the matrix (where somehow the code is broken and a 9% success chance hits). I actually enhanced something once (a shield) by accident (targeted the wrong item, without using my forged metal tool first) that should have been impossible (the chance of success should have been 0% for luck, as the failure chance.

The formula for luck enhancing is Failure chance = Current Luck/2+30%.
However, you then multiply it by the success chance of each other attribute being changed. The examples below use tailoring as that's the easiest and most simple skill for the material that gives luck. metals and woods, IIRC, add other properties.

So, if there's a 20% at 100 luck to enhance to 140 (100/2+30=80 failure chance, so success is 20%), and you're enhancing a tailor armor item with Physical resist 20% at a point where there's only a 60% chance of success (40% chance of failure), then the chance of success is 20% x 60% = 0.2 x 0.6 = 0.12 = 12%.
If the luck started at 140, and the Physical was 2% (the base minimum), that would be Luck (100% -(140/2+30)) x Physical (100% -(20+2) = 0 x 78%. And ANYTHING times Zero is ZERO.

Depending on where the (added sometime after ML) +1% bonus per 10 points over 100 is added, it might make a difference. We've never heard for sure.
If added at the "each chance", then the 140 luck example at 120 skill becomes (0+2%) x (78+2%) = 2% x 80% = 1.6% (but would drop to less than 1% chance at 142 luck, and go back to 0% at 144 luck).
If added after the final calculation, then the 140 luck example at 120 skill becomes (0 x 78%)+2% = 0% + 2% = 2%.
However, given that so many +x% bonuses in the past have proven to be a multiplier, not an addition*, even a 102% multiplier to a 0% chance is STILL ZERO.

* (such as how fish bait is "103% x rare fish chance" instead of "rare fish chance +3%" and the elven 20% colored ore bonus is "human chance x120%" instead of "Human Chance +20%")
 

dark sonja

Visitor

Mystical73 post awesome.
 
Top