• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Crafter input on templates...

Avo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all, I need some help in creating crafting templates. I have no soul stones so I want to put all the crafting skills that go together on one char. I plan on having 3 different crafters:

First crafter will have the following:
Blacksmithy
Mining
Armslore
Imbuing
Tailoring
Magery

The Second crafter will have:
Carpentry
Lumber Jacking
Fletching
Tinkering
Armslore
Alchemy
Magery

The last crafter will have:
Inscribe
Cooking
Fishing
Magery
Med
Eval Int.

Can anyone tell me if dividing these crafting skill between these characters like this will allow me to craft everything inside the game. I want to be able to make all the new items, good armor and weapons, and any furniture and anything else that can be crafted. Thanks for any input!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am a little sleep deprived but the only thing I can tell that would be a slight problem is crafting any Bard Instruments you may want. You can use items and make up the difference, but it depends on your income to be able to. +30 jewls +10 Mark of Trav +10 Song Woven Mantle and you would be set on the off chance you wanted any instruments.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want Arms Lore on the crafter that creates weapons and armor, plus some combinations of skills are required to craft certain items, so:

Crafter 1)
Arms Lore 100
Blacksmithy 120
Carpentry 100
Fletching 100
Tailoring 120
Tinkering 100
at least 75 Magery (can be less if you add jewelry and a +magery spellbook)
at least 45 Music (can be less if you add jewelry, singing axe, song woven mantle (if elf), and mark of travesty if you can afford it)

BS+Tailoring = Tessen
BS+Carpentry = ship cannons, anvil, forges
Carp+Music = musical instruments
Carp+Magery = Abattoir and Pentagram
Carp+Tailoring = Beds, Fishing Poles, Screens, Gargish Banner, Dress Form, Loom, Spinning Wheel, Pickpocket Dip, Training Dummy
Carp+Tinkering = Flour Mill, Stone Oven, boxes+chests will be lockable and come with a key

That leaves the following skills to fit on your other crafters: Cooking, Alchemy, Inscription, Imbuing
(I would put Imbuing on a Gargoyle with Mysticism for the bonuses)

Crafter 2)
Alchemy 100
Inscription 100
Magery 120
Necromancy 120
Mysticism 120
Eval Int 120
the rest in Med
(use jewelry to raise magery, necro, mystic, eval int, and med to give you more skill points)
Having Magery+Necro+Mysticism on your scribe allows you to make books with mods.

That leaves Cooking. Just throw that on any char with 100 free skill points.

As for the other skills you have listed:
Fishing isn't a crafting skill, you need to put that on a fighter/mage of some kind to kill the monsters you fish up.
Mining and Lumber Jacking are gathering skills, they don't necessarily need to be on a crafter. Better to put them on another fighter so you can kill ore elementals that you dig up with gargoyle picks.

Avo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So then with those two templates you mentioned above I will be able to craft everything in the game including stone furniture and glassblowing things? Also if I put imbuing on another character it will not effect my ability to craft awesome weapons? For the second template, if I choose not to build up the inscribe skill what would you recommend for that template to replace it ? I cannot afford those 120s you mentioned.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stone Crafting is a 'sub-skill' of Carpentry, and Glassblowing is a 'sub-skill' of Alchemy. Neither take extra skill points.

Imbuing doesn't rely on other skills, it is safe to put on a seperate character, but you get a bonus in Imbuing if that character is a Gargoyle, and Mysticism gets a boost if you have Imbuing.

You don't really need Magery at 120, you can still get some good mods with 110 or 115, but the higher the better.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you play with a mage... I would just make a pure mage with inscribe thus giving you the inscription bonus and you have the ability to make books. I don't see any reason to have myst/necro on the inscriber unless you need to make scrolls for those skills (which I couldn't imagine)

I think you should be able to have 2 x crafters and have everything you need. You should definately have your arms lore on the blacksmith / tailor. And carp / fletch / lumber one too. they don't have to be on the same one unless you're planning on making wood armor. arms lore is only effective anymore at armor making. the extra damage increase on weapons is effectively useless because of imbuing. When I make weapons, the first thing i imbue is the dmg to 1%, do the rest of the weapon, then put the dmg back up as high as it can go. and now you can erase mods using the whetstone? i think... but I digress.

So, I guess I am recommending:
CRAFTER 1 (Human) Should do most of your major makings and can mass produce your ship's cannons and stuff like that.
120 Blacksmith
100 Fletching
100 Carpentry
100 Tinkering
100 Lumberjacking
100 Mining
80+ Magery

Crafter 2 (Gargoyle) Imbuing for imbuing (garg for bonus) tailoring and arms lore for armor resistance bonus, everything else pretty straight forward.
120 Imbuing
120 Tailoring
100 Arms Lore
100 Alchemy
100 Cooking
31 Tinkering (for making trap boxes)
100 Magery

Mage
120 Mage
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Med
120 Wrestle (can go poison too for nox mage)
100 Inscribe

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I see nothing wrong with how you have these set up, all depends on how you prefer to do things because there are a lot of valid options given in this thread so far.

First crafter will have the following:
Blacksmithy 120
Mining 100
Armslore 100
Imbuing 120
Tailoring 120
Magery 80
Tinkering 80
You can add magery jewelry if you want to but most likely you will only be recalling vs gating so 80 should be fine for this template. I added tinkering so you can make your own shovels and tools. You can go to the the Royal City in Ter Mur and purchase the following books for 10,625. The High Quality Gems Book so you can mine gems and the Mining Quality Stone book so you can mine stone and sand as well. The stone now stacks which is a nice bonus.

The Second crafter will have:
Carpentry 100
Lumber Jacking 100
Fletching 100
Tinkering 100
Armslore 100
Alchemy 100
Magery 100
Music 20
You will need music to craft bard instruments with this template you just need +20 added in from items to make them. The only downside is that you do not have imbuing with the carpentry to make the soul forges. You can go to the Royal City in Ter Mur and buy the book Making Valuables with Stone Crafting for your carpenter to make stone furniture and the Crafting Glass with Glass Blowing to make the glass vials and mirrors. These books are 10,625 as well.

The last crafter will have:
Inscribe 100
Cooking 100
Fishing 120
Magery 120
Med 120
Eval Int. 120
You have a little bit of room left over on this character. If you get a few soul stones, you can easily stone fishing and cooking and add other skills such as myst or spell weaving and have a nice caster when to use when not fishing.

Avo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if i make my first crafter
Blacksmith
tailor
carp
armslore
Tinkering
fletching
and the rest into magery to get around. and maybe 20 music

and then one the other guy i get
mining
lumberjacking
alchemy
inscript
magery
med
cooking

and the last guy will have fishing along with fighting skills so he can be my other rp pirate char? I dont think not having lj and mining on my crafter will be that much of a problem i can always log out and onto my mule to smelt anything and stuff like that - does this sound good ?

Avo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe imbuing - fishing - myst - magery - med - eval all 120

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What if i make my first crafter
Blacksmith
tailor
carp
armslore
Tinkering
fletching
and the rest into magery to get around. and maybe 20 music

and then one the other guy i get
mining
lumberjacking
alchemy
inscript
magery
med
cooking

and the last guy will have fishing along with fighting skills so he can be my other rp pirate char? I dont think not having lj and mining on my crafter will be that much of a problem i can always log out and onto my mule to smelt anything and stuff like that - does this sound good ?
The only issue (only an issue of convenience) is that crafter #2 depends on crafter #1 for shovels, tools, and kegs. If you go to my post a little bit up, both crafters are self-sufficient and don't rely on the other for anything. Again this is just a convenience issue and yours would work fine.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went with two crafters. You need two skills to make some housing add-ons. The only thing that comes to mind these two can't craft as set up is the Soulforge. Landreu has one of the skills, his daughter the other. Takes Carpentry & Imbueing I think. Open the carpentry tool window and see what is needed.

Landreu has:

120 Blacksmithing
120 Tailoring
100 Arms Lore
100 Bowcrafting
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Tinkering
60 Magery
20 Music

He has a braclet/ring set that adds +26 to magery and a Tome of Lost Knowledge which adds another +15 to Magery. Abbatoirs & Pentagrams require fairly high Magery. He has another set of jewelry that boosts Music to 45 for making Instruments. Both jewelry sets have additional small boosts to other skills such as Resist Magic, Meditation and such. He usually wears a normal looking clothing outfit using the Enchanted kelp Woven Leggings, a straw hat, Pendent of the Magi, and the braclet/ring letting him have 100 LRC. In Armor, he hunts dragons at the fire temple. He's fond of barbed leather for crafting armor his kid then imbues.

Valana has:

120 Imbuing
100 Alchemy
100 Cooking
100 Foresic Evaluation
100 Inscription
100 Item Identifcation
100 Magery

Her Jewelry gives her +26 to Magery giving her Legendary Magery for Inscribing scrolls Lumberjacking, Mining, and Fishing are kept on soulstones and swapped onto a character when desired. I typically buy regular boards & iron ingots these days and only forage for the exotics.

My characters bring in loot with decent amounts of magic in them in bags they drop off by the soulforge. She typically unravels the stuff after doing her daily plant tending and then helps her Dad make things to restock their vendors. She also hunts dragons.

I enjoy the Crafting corner of this sandbox we play in as well. :)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Invest in soulstones hehe
I move my crafting skills around so much that I dont have a template