• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Advice on Dragon Turtle Champion Spawn

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing the Dragon Turtle Spawn with various groups, but never get more than an occasional Level 1 Masteries book. What does it take too get the Dragon Turtle Egg?

Is it most damage for the complete spawn, or just the most damage to the Dragon Turtle at the end?

I have done complete spawns and not received anything, and other times I get there at the end and receive a book. I even died once, came back after it was over with, and found a book on my corps.

Is there a specific type of character that works best for these spawns?

Thanks in Advance, Katrena

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same questions I have. Done 5 spawns and gotten 5 primers, all level 1. No eggs.

As an aside, I had Hawkwind's Quest to kill the Dragon Turtle, and the mysticism path for the quest. When the turtle died (I had done the spawn and helped kill the Dragon Turtle) I got the mysticism lvl 1 primer and two or three armor pieces.

I did not get a mastery book, and only got the one level 1 primer.

Already had a mastery book on that toon, so figure if you have a mastery book, it won't let you get a second. Also seems like if you're on Hawkwind's quest with a primer selected, you will only get the quest primer, not one for the quest and one for killing the boss.

I have used both a Necro/Mage and a Mystic/Mage. Seems like tamers with Greater Dragons are popular at the turtle champ as well.

***Edit***
Just killed the Dragon Turtle with a different toon.
Hawkwind's Quest active and for the Dragon Turtle, necromancy path.
Worked the spawn and the boss, character did not have a mastery book.
When the boss died, got a mastery book and a level 1 necromancy primer.
Did not get a second primer for killing the boss, just the 1 from completing the quest.

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
33 spawns, start to finish, no egg, no recipe............lotsa masteries, mostly ones but got two each of level
2's and 3's, mystic mage weaver.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1 egg drops per spawn...it's random so if you're doing it with all people you know at least ONE of you will get an egg every time.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 egg drops per spawn...it's random so if you're doing it with all people you know at least ONE of you will get an egg every time.
yeah, I don't know the huge mob in Atlantic tearing the place up!

Thank you for clarifying how it drops.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it totally random, and not based on the amount of damage you do?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No because I have gotten 2 eggs and do very little damage to it as I use EV's and they get dispelled pretty easily. My guildies have gotten them...1 a tamer with a dragon and 1 a mystic mage...and one a sampire.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No because I have gotten 2 eggs and do very little damage to it as I use EV's and they get dispelled pretty easily. My guildies have gotten them...1 a tamer with a dragon and 1 a mystic mage...and one a sampire.
I'm not sure how much damage I'm doing, but I always get looting rights regardless if I get any items or not in my backpack.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure how much damage I'm doing, but I always get looting rights regardless if I get any items or not in my backpack.
Yes I do get looting rights but I know I don't do nearly as much damage as the dragon or sampire.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know if I can bard the dinosaurs at all? Do I need a special slayer instrument? And is it possible to discord the boss?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone know if I can bard the dinosaurs at all? Do I need a special slayer instrument? And is it possible to discord the boss?
I was able to disco the spawn and boss on my disco tamer using an exceptional instrument .. took a few tries though.

Not tried my bard so no clue about provo and peace.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Dimetrosaurus and Allosaurus are vulnerable to Reptile Slayer, so try using those instruments on them.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got 1 egg, 1 recipe, 1 lvl3, 2 lvl2 and 5-6 lvl1 primers out of 10-12 Turtle spawns using a stealth Mystic-Weaver wearing a Luck suit 1900-3000 Luck. I cast RC's and on Boss see the SW death wish spell when redlined. Best drops are when in a party. I also heal whichever GD s hitting the most.