• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Need Advice On Completing Uber-Rares Suit Please!

• Thread starter Barry Trotter
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Barry Trotter

Hi to all of you rares experts!

I'm thinking about getting back to collecting UO rares after having been away for quite a few years.

My character's paperdoll is currently equipped with the following wearable rares:

1) A Dark Orc Helm (+15 Stealth version)
2) A Shirt Made Of Terathan Silk (+4 to all Resists)
3) Ithilsis' Breast Plate (enhanced version: MR3, +15 Necromancy, +33 Poison Resist)
4) Ornate Encrusted Armguards (original version)
5) Embrace Of The Abyss (blood red bracelet with stats like Ornament Of The Magi)
6) Royal Guard Investigator
7) Pacify

The other equipment this character has on is rather mundane :sad2: :( :sad2:
8) Jackal's Collar
9) Inquisitor's Resolution
10) Crystalline Ring
11) Crimson Cincture

And this character's legs are the MOST EMBARRASSING of all! This character is wearing the *gasp* *shock* *horror* (royal leggings of ember) :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: !!!

Before I left the UO rares collecting scene a few years ago, one of my goals was to get my hands (?or should this be feet?) on a pair of Vine Cord Sandals, so that I could at least partly cover up those embarrassing *gasp* *shock* *horror* (royal leggings of ember) :sad3: !!! But now, I hear that all the Vine Cord Sandals were deleted because they were way too over-duped, so I'm really glad I never did get my hands (or feet) on a pair of those after all!

However, I am now in desperate need of some expert advice on how to complete this character's Uber-Rares Suit, by upgrading Items 8) to 11) above...but much more importantly, replacing the *gasp* *shock* *horror* (royal leggings of ember) :sad3: with various Seer and Event-Item Wearable PvP Rares. Some suggestions on a pair of nice uber-rare footwear with PvP mods would also be very much appreciated!

This character mainly just banksits in Luna to look pretty, but he also pretends to log out of the game, only to hide and then follow people around in stealth mode to find out all their secrets...so the "mage-armour" property would certainly be desirable!

I would also prefer these items to come in unique colors which are dazzlingly bright, to facilitate my character standing out in the crowd - because I suffer from extremely poor eyesight, due to retinal damage - but also because this character...?me?...is an incorrigible show-off.

If you know the cost of the rares that you will be suggesting for my dream Uber-Rares Suit, then please include this information in your response as well, so that I can formulate a financial plan to fund their acquisition.

Thanking you rares experts all very much in advance!

Cheers,
Barry Trotter

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some suggestions:

-Ice White Dragon Bone Earrings - I couldn't spot any earrings in your suit.
-You could go for fake blackrock ring, Orcish Insignia Ring, Djinni's ring (heavily duped), crying dead baby ring (bright glacial, same graphic as Crystalline).
-Aprons are quite rare. There aren't too many event aprons.
-Leggings. You could always go for Phoenix armor leggings. Valuable, bright and nice.
-As for your feet, you could consider Dryad Sandals, Navy Boots, Gladiator Boots. Most footwear items with PvP mods have been duped or are extremely rare.

I took into consideration that the item should be obtainable. I could name some other (nicer) items, but they are so hard to obtain (if at all), it's not really feasible.

Good luck! And nice going on the Terathan silk shirt. Many PvPers would 'kill' for that ;).

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
O my, where do I begin. You have been missing out on many items.

For the neck - aside from Gladiator's collor if you just want a suit to show off, you can get some event item necklaces. "I stole this necklace" comes to mind or any of the seer necklaces.

For waist. Only event item that is for that area would be Obi Di Ence. There is the normal one and the champion one.

For leggings, your out of luck, except for wearing something over that like one of those event item Kilts. Tartan or Burlap Chow Bag.

I agree on earrings there are few to choose from these days.

As to rings I suggest Santa's ring.

Gloves, well Idle Hands from Tomas, or Gauntlet's of Anger, There use to be Bloody Hands too don't remember who I sold that to.

J

Jasonleebeck

The only apron I'm aware of that is 'event,' aside from the Obi Di Ence, is called the "Bucher of Jhelohm". Don't quote me but, I think it has the same stats as a Crimson, and was won by a player named Shadow on Great Lakes, part of the BC guild. There's also a possibility that the event also rewarded a full apron of the same stat types.

It could also be cool to get a hold of a Europa gold half apron with an exceptional tag and sport that in the time being. "Green" tagged aprons are still around if that's a possible stand in for you, but, those are just my tastes.