• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need a PC

G

Price check on a Serpent's Fang? What are they worth these days?

I

imported_Peppermace

250K or so. Maybe a little more if you're looking in Luna. I have one around if you want to work something out
ICQ 403539453

I

imported_Queen Mum

<font color=00008B>Ummm why so high? We have quite a few just sitting around as deco in homes ...

Question is ... Please tell us what good are they other than for deco?

G

<blockquote><hr>

250K or so. Maybe a little more if you're looking in Luna. I have one around if you want to work something out
ICQ 403539453

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks, I had an extra and wanted to see what I should put it for on a vendor.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color=00008B> Ummm why so high? We have quite a few just sitting around as deco in homes ...

Question is ... Please tell us what good are they other than for deco?
</font color=00008B>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit Poison Area 100%
Hit Chance Increase 15%
Damage Increase 50%
Poison Resist 15%
Physical Damage 25%
Poison Damage 75%
Weapon Damage 10-12
Weapon Speed 53
Strength Requirement 10
One-Handed Weapon
Weapon Skill: Fencing
Durability 255

Fencing weapon, to bad it did not have use best weapon skill as we don't have a fencer.

I

imported_Queen Mum

<font color=00008B>ummm ok still don't know why so special
but Drake you know I'm not a fighter so bottom line would be? *we had a few of those dropped during the EGG Hunt Spring Fling events ... guess we helped more the we reralized eh?

I

imported_Peppermace

If they aren't *cursed* they're perfectly fine for champ spawns and routine hunting. A few people don't like the area effect because they say it aggros everything around, thus overwhelming you. While this makes it a bad pvp choice, in pvm, those monsters around you would probably aggro on you anyway. I would like to note that Talisman Slayers (Vermin, beetle, bird etc) also apply to area damage effects. 100% poison area will help you kill more faster, especially against your equipped slayer tali targets. Serps Fang is 75% poison damage and some things have very high poison resist (I saw your eyebrow raise when I mentioned beetle slayer LOL), but you can work around this by wearing a quiver to modify your damage or Consecrate Arms. Fencing weapons don't really have obvious choices for normal hunting; the Blackthorn Krysses are expensive and not very flexible, as you need all six to be prepared. The Fang has the base of a good general pvm weapon: max HCI, a damaging effect, high DI and its naturally fast (2s). Its special attacks are Armor Ignore and Infecting Strike, both very good moves.

Some Fang uses you may not have thought of? Travesty: The guy with the Fang aggros her spawn lures it off and dies in a corner so you can finish her without 80 ninjas harassing you. Champs: Tank with a Fang aggros teir 1/2 spawn thus letting the necros wither and the mages earthquake without being hit. Teirs poof in a few minutes. The Rat Mines: Low end, but you'll make a ton of gold and arrows here quick, cheese wheels weigh less than fish steaks, and you might get a minor now and then.

Getting a Doom arty means fighting and probably dying to Gauntlet spawn. 250K isn't asking too much at all, especially if you just want one particular item without the bother of Dooming for it and Gold skulls are going for 200K now anyway (Astronaumical price IMO). Compared to Heart of the Lion, Invuln Shields, Boomsticks and other minors that go for the same price or more and are much easier to get from Peerless loot, paragons, Tmaps (lev 6), leviathans, and ML named monsters, the fight to get a Doom arty involves more resources and time without the benefit of making additional gold while you earn them. Thus I arrive at 250K for the respectable Serps Fang. Other less functionable artys (Insight helms, Bonesmashers, Dragonslayers....) might get you 50K at the very max because they're totally unusable in any combat situation.