• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need a little help

O

ozzzzz

Hello all,

I'm new to UO. Followed a few guildees over from previous MMORPG so they could try out the
KR client for nostalgia factors.After reading the boards I have decided to make a sam/pali
I have read most of the post on this board including the FAQ but still have a few questions.

First if anyone could explain or give me a link to how str/dex/int affects me.
I know how to raise the scores but Im not sure what I should try to aim for number wise.

What kind of armour should I be wearing?
Right now I have on some PC spined leather but I would like to upgrade if possible and dont know
what to look for and I read somewhere that some armors effect your dex.

Most of the template I have found look like they are from veterans w/ more skill point caps. Being new
I was hoping someone could recomend a good template for 700 points. I am currently swords/bushido/parry/chiv/anat/tactics
and healing. eventually I would like to pvp also.

Also if anyone can direct me to some links about the mounts we get w/ bushido skill i would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

C

Connor_Graham

I'll go through this step by step.

"First if anyone could explain or give me a link to how str/dex/int affects me. "

Stats have a cap of 150 for Str/Dex/Int and 180 for HP/Stam/Mana

Strength- Determines how many Hit Points you have and how much weight your character can carry. Bonuses from armor and/or weapons apply to this.

Dexterity- Determines how fast Bandages heal and how much Stamina you have. Stamina determines how fast you swing/shoot your weapon. Bonuses from armor and/or weapons apply to this.

Intelligence- Determines how much mana you have.

"What kind of armour should I be wearing?"

The type of armor no longer matters. One thing to keep in mind when doing research on either UO.com or Stratics is a lot of it is outdated, as changes to the game happen on a regular basis. Both sites are currently receiving ongoing updates to different parts. The Bushido section of Stratics I know for a fact was recently updated and contains all of the latest and greatest of the Bushido skill. (I updated it with verification of the information provided by Stratics & the UO Dev team so I know it's accurate and was just updated a month or so ago)

"Right now I have on some PC spined leather but I would like to upgrade if possible and dont know what to look for and I read somewhere that some armors effect your dex."

This information is outdated. Armor no longer negatively affects your Dex, so you can use any type and any combination. Mainly you're going to be looking for the properties such as Stamina Increase, HP Increase, Mana Regeneration, etc. For warrior types, these 3 I've just mentioned, along with HP Regen & Mana Increase are good ones to have that will increase the power & survivability of your character in battle. One thing to keep in mind is that Dex & Stam work in increments of 30, so having 120 Dex/Stam is the same as having 149 Dex/Stam. The only difference between the 120 & 149 is that your character could take a few hits before it was dropped below the 120 mark at which time your swing speed would be slowed to the next lower mark, which would be the 90-119 range. You'll be wanting to start Dex out at 125 base, and with items bring it up to 150 so you're at both max bandage time and max swing speed that Dex can affect. With items you can boost Stamina to 180 (although very hard to do and requires some really high end gear).

A new character starts out with a max of 225 Stat points, but can be boosted to 250 with a +25 Stat power scroll to bring you up to 250 available Stat points. these scrolls normally run around 3mil or so (a +20 will run around 250k-1mil depending on shard), and I'd strongly suggest you start saving up for one immediately. Once your account reaches 6 months, you will automatically receive a veteran account bonus of +5 Stats to all characters on the account, bringing your base stats to 230 (255 with the Stat Scroll).

"Most of the template I have found look like they are from veterans w/ more skill point caps. Being new
I was hoping someone could recomend a good template for 700 points. I am currently swords/bushido/parry/chiv/anat/tactics
and healing. eventually I would like to pvp also."

I'd suggest this template to start with. You can change it up a bit once you've gotten a feel for the game and start to collect better gear & gold:

110 Swordsmanship
100 Bushido
100 Parry
50 Tactics
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
90 Resisting Spells
70 Chivalry

Str 80
Dex 125
Int 20

One thing to keep in mind is that you gain 5 additional skill points to your skill point cap each year your account is active up to a total of 720 skill points.

"Also if anyone can direct me to some links about the mounts we get w/ bushido skill i would appreciate it."

There is only 1 specific mount for a character with Bushido, and that is the Lesser Hiryu. Information on it can be found here Lesser Hiryu.

Which shard are you starting on? There are quite a few veteran players that I can direct you to that can help you get started, and may even be kind enough to give you some armor and/or weapons to help get you started.

O

ozzzzz

Thanks for all the help. It cleared up alot for me. Im on the Great Lakes shard.

C

Connor_Graham

Send a PM to Willa here on the Stratics forums. She's on Great Lakes and I'm sure would be more than happy to help you out.

Glad I was able to help. If there's anything else you have questions about, please feel free to ask.