• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need 2 story 9x11 ideas/pics - please.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a small thing. Only 452 components/fixtures allowed.

i would like to set-it up so that there is space to put public tools; forge/anvil, spinning wheel/loom. just got it today and am happy with the location.

would love to see some pics of customized 9x11 or smaller houses. thank you.

G

Shown this one quite a few times but, here it is again. It is not a 2 story, but the plot size is similar.

Ground floor

2nd floor

3rd floor

Roof

You probably remember this one in Zento on Siege, Falon. I made it for Mac of KSS a long time ago, and per his request, it was designed to withstand the PvP attacks he always seemed to be a magnet for being the knightly type, while still being aesthetic. He also wanted maximum free space. So, as such, it was a decorative "box" like many of my houses. Castor helped me test it, in terms of fields/summons attacks, and it was pretty secure for such a small house.

The teleporters sequence was designed so you could quickly get to every floor in a circuit, and back down to the ground floor again (I hate complicated teleporter schemes!), so if someone was after you, when you reached the plot you were transported inside on the ground floor if you hit the left pad on the poch or onto the roof if the right. We tested the roof pretty extensively, and could not reach anyone with spells or summons up there. The ground floor interior was safe from field spells if you stayed in the middle of the room.

If you don't mind a death trap, you can make an adorable little "cottage" with forge, etc. I saw one with one of the heritage ladders, and an apple tree, it was so cute. There were a couple of small house threads here that gave such examples.

-Skylark

G

well...when I have to design a space thats small...I go snoop around the Asian shards, esp Yew. The players there do soooo much with the 7x7s it never ceases to amaze me.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Skylark for reposting those.

I got a little something going on now...but not too pleased with it.

Voluptous...i have done the same thing also. I guess I'll be making more road trips again.

Thanks again.

G

Linky to one of the small house design threads from the archives. Sarsmi in particular has some good swipe-able stuff in there, and there are other cute ideas.

You should also talk to Quira. If I recall correctly, he made a wonderful little "village" on a large plot, but any one of his sections of the village with the tiny buildings and decor around them would work very nice on a small plot. Maybe he has some pics he can share with you.

Linky #2 is far older, and many of the links to pics are broken now.

Love this little munchkin house on posts on a 7x7 plot, by AthenePac

And this cozy cutie by Saphireena

-Skylark

G

Here's one of mine - same footprint as yours.

Sort of bare, as I'm getting rid of it; never really used it in the first place.
Anyway, crafting downstairs, private quarters and storage upstairs. Nothing groundbreaking, but I wanted a proper roof and I can't stand teleporters lol

Zi

C

Calibretto

theres a japanesse site that just had a great contest.

lemme see if I can find the link.

G

I just finished this 9X13 in Luna on Siege for Icanbuildit. I pulled in many concepts shared on this forum. I did get an idea during this build that I think might be original, that I am planning to try to construct on TC. If it works, I will share it.

This one posed a challenge due to the encroachment of the neighboring houses, as well as the fact that it is a small 2 story, and he needed plenty of room to place vendors. I think it turned out well, and the house owner seems happy, so I am judging it a success.

-Skylark