• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necromancy gains broken?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been at 103.9 for the last 3 or 4 hours of gametime, casting a combination of wither and vampiric embrace (ZOMG lulz I can cast it without exploiting!) and not a single gain. Did necro's gain rate get changed to that of taming? RNG just terrible? Do I just fail at UO?

S

Sarphus

necro gets real slow around the point where you are.

The best way I know to gain it is to soulstone necro over to a char that has med/focus, go in lich form with wisp out and spam spells like a madman. It usually takes quite a while to max it out, but there really isn't a lot of reason to take necro over 105, so your journey is almost over.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I'm only going 105, have 115 med, 25 focus, shadow wisp, and lich form, I was spamming wither for about 2 hours before I started trying vampiric embrace.

S

Sarphus

I know this is really basic, but make sure you have skill points available for necro to gain.

I'm assuming you probably already checked this, though.

L

Lore Master

Try doing it as a daily gain you should gain .1 a day at that rate i know its lousy to just gain ,1 a day but it adds up and youll get there with time with a lot less stress.

A

Azazel of LA

I know this is really basic, but make sure you have skill points available for necro to gain.

Agreed , even after all these years of playing I still do that crap sometimes. This is always the 1st thing I tell people to check when they seem to freeze in gains.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im at 113.3 with mine, so its not really broken, try casting VE and revenants. Mix those 2 up and you'll fly

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

At 709/715, and have inscription set to lower.