• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Necro Warrior with Poisoning?

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

I'm considering a tight build for a necro warrior with poisoning. Please tell me what you think:

110: Fencing, Necromancy, Resisting Spells
100: Tactics, Spirit Speak
100: Focus
90: Poisoning

I had started the guy with an even tighter build, necro/bushido warrior. Yesterday it came as a shock that the only poison curing method available was potions. (I know Spirit Speak can heal thru poison, but that's not anywhere near good enough.) I thought to myself: hey bud, face your weakness head-on.

The guide I read said that 80 poisoning would actually be good enough for not failing (and not poisoning self) in application of even level 4 poison. There may then be 10 points to move elsewhere, but right now I'm thinking I like to be above the minimum.

The build is still dependent on curing potions until he can finally use Vampire Form, which needs 99 necromancy. Does that mean that a GM necromancer (100 skill) only has a 1% chance of success going into Vampire form? It's a strange characteristic -- you're susceptiple to poisoning until you reach grandmaster necro, at which point you can become invulnerable to it.

Does the necro Poison Strike spell benefit from the Poisoning skill? The mage Poison spell does, and I'd think it wold be similar for necro.

K

-=KLiM=-

Seems like a viable template, because you would improve your poison level by 1 with Evil Omen. On the other hand, if you're running in Vamp From you'll be unable to use Cure potions, and Vamp form negates only lesser levels of poison.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The changes I would make: 120 your weapon skill and replace focus with med.

I

imperterritus

Seems like a viable template, because you would improve your poison level by 1 with Evil Omen. On the other hand, if you're running in Vamp From you'll be unable to use Cure potions, and Vamp form negates only lesser levels of poison.
Oh, i thought vamp was immune. Does it just negate the first two levels of poison, or does it drop the poison level by two? (I.e., would level 5 poison affect a vamp as if it were level 3?)

The changes I would make: 120 your weapon skill and replace focus with med.
Syrus, I can see that. Get hit less often and hit more often. :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, it's best to bring to 120, if you can afford it. You'll be fine with lower-level mobs, but without 120 weapons skill, you may find it difficult to hit harder stuff (e.g., champs, peerless, renowned).

Good luck. :)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to mention champ spawns dealing with dexxers like me who always pack 120 weapon. You will be at a severe disadvantage having 110 weapon. It is light years apart.

K

-=KLiM=-

Oh, i thought vamp was immune. Does it just negate the first two levels of poison, or does it drop the poison level by two? (I.e., would level 5 poison affect a vamp as if it were level 3?)
It makes you immune to all poisons but lethal, i belive (or was it deadly?). Anyway, its the same effect you have when you eat orange pental.

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would drop focus and resist all together and make a bushido nox fencer.

i personally have one and he was one of the most devastating forces that walked pacific before i stopped playing last year.

if you want my template and equipment advice let me know.

other then that, you're going to have a hell of a time reaching max SSI, having enough mana to cast your spells effectively, keeping your hit points at a manageble level, so on and so forth.

my opinion for your template is this;

get a MR and HP/mana increase suit.

drop focus all together.

rock a wisp or a wolf.

drop necro to 60 (maybe use bracers if they fit in the template) and keep SS at 120 for max curse duration. use spells like evil omen, blood oath, curse weapon, pain spike and corpse skin for obvious reasons. the only thing you would want 105 necro at, if you choose to keep it that way, is strangle. strangle is awesome, but the cost effective point level is a little too out of bounds for me. it's lethal, but i would rather reallocate those points somewhere else, especially if you have to balance dex, mana and HP and you won't even be reaching your SSI cap to make the DoT's tick at a maximum duration. by DoT's (damage over time) i'm talking about strangle, poisons and most importantly your weapon all ticking damage as fast as possible.

I

imperterritus

I've altered the goal build somewhat, and it seems to be working very nicely. Here is where my Gargoyle, Ochre Muerte, is headed, and where he is:

Code:
skill          goal    current
Fencing       120.0      70.7
Parry         115.0     107.4
Tactics       100.0      65.6
Meditate      100.0      97.9
Necro         100.0      63.0
Spirit Speak  100.0      84.4
Poisoning      85.0      54.8
Focus           0.0      79.7
He may not need all that Meditate; if not he'll probably add at least enough Bushido to use perfection. He's been training in the dead city somewhat north of Delucia. It became quite fun when he hit 70 and could finally use the Infectious Strike (IS) attack. Combine that with Evil Omen, and he has a 50% chance to bump regular poison to deadly level. :)

I didn't see it in the Stratics poisoning info, but you can gain in Poisoning skill just by using IS. It might end up beng a lot cheaper to train poisoning skill by defeating foes rather than repeatedly poison the same dagger over and over. It's definately more fun.

I'm looking forward to getting his Tactics to 70, so that he can IS, switch to Bloodblade and use Bleed Attack, and switch again to re-poison if the foe got cured.

G

Gelf

vamp form gives immunity to poison levels 1-4 , orange petals 1-3. at gm u have a little over 25% chance to cast vamp form(starts at 25%). necro spells don't get any bonus from poisoning skill, only magery

I

imperterritus

Thanks for the info, folks. And thank you especially, Gelf, for the direct answers to my questions. :)

N

northwoodschopper

once you're at a good enough level, you'll want to horde parasitic poison for yourself. as a necro warrior w/poisoning, it adds even more healing options. it's about the same as deadly poison in effectiveness, and heals you point for point of damage it does as long as you're next to your target. so using vamp form + curse weapon + parasitic poison == a whole lot of health buffer.

S

Stupid Miner

I've altered the goal build somewhat, and it seems to be working very nicely. Here is where my Gargoyle, Ochre Muerte, is headed, and where he is:

Code:
skill          goal    current
Fencing       120.0      70.7
Parry         115.0     107.4
Tactics       100.0      65.6
Meditate      100.0      97.9
Necro         100.0      63.0
Spirit Speak  100.0      84.4
Poisoning      85.0      54.8
Focus           0.0      79.7
He may not need all that Meditate; if not he'll probably add at least enough Bushido to use perfection. He's been training in the dead city somewhat north of Delucia. It became quite fun when he hit 70 and could finally use the Infectious Strike (IS) attack. Combine that with Evil Omen, and he has a 50% chance to bump regular poison to deadly level. :)

I didn't see it in the Stratics poisoning info, but you can gain in Poisoning skill just by using IS. It might end up beng a lot cheaper to train poisoning skill by defeating foes rather than repeatedly poison the same dagger over and over. It's definately more fun.

I'm looking forward to getting his Tactics to 70, so that he can IS, switch to Bloodblade and use Bleed Attack, and switch again to re-poison if the foe got cured.
Sounds like a fun template. Vamp for for +20% leech Curse weapon for +50% leech and add parasitic poison and use an exceptional Swamp Barding and you'll be pretty tough. You're going to need lots of HCI though.

... is this for PvP or PvM?

I

imperterritus

Primarily solo PvM. He's on Baja, where I hardly ever see anyone any more. All my old friends have moved on while I was away, and so it's pretty solo. (I have new characters on Atlantic, which has a lot more folks.)