• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro/Tamer

H

Hans

I recently made a necro tamer jsut to try something new. My tempalte is:
Lore 110
Tame 110
Vet 100
Necro 100
SS 110
Mage 100

I got around 100 skill points left afer some skill jewels, my question is med or eval?

Right now I am goin eval since I could only fit 5 mr 40 lmc into the suit and still get good resists, casting and skill increase. But do you think it would be possible to go with eval and just rely on forms and MR for mana?

This template seems like it could tear through camp spawns, anybody run a necro tamer that can help?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right now I'm in the process of putting med back on my necro-tamer (at the cost of vet, unfortunately). The diminishing returns for higher MR with no meditation really hurts me too much in some places, especially long fights where I need to use magic for healing a lot.

If you're using a big pet, then meditation is the way to go. You can save your mana for healing. If you're using a pack or a couple of little pets, then you may want eval int. The idea there is to kill mid-to-high-level things before they can kill you. Even without med, I can take out Miasma easily with a couple of barely above average bake kitsune and liberal applications of spells.

And yes, a combination of taming and withering annihilates any champ spawn.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice Choice Nec tame is strong indeed

Great fun looking for new dragons to tame Make a pack of skely ones with your gd and tear into anything hehe for champ spawns wither in wraith will keep you full up on mana with little problems. 40 lmc a nice thing to have +big mr
been awhile since i had necro ss on my tamer but i do remember problems now and then when i ran out of mana no med was very slow to regen up though lich does help alot sux when takes you a min to get into lich form. Though Eval int is nice and will likely see good dmg on your spells you will be out of mana so often with magery not doing the dmg you need to leech back to full. i say med for big fights with small numbers will help the heals keep rolling out.