• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro Tamer with Cu Shide

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a necro tamer for spawns. I run 120 tame/lore/mage/necro/ss/sw, then any extra points from gear into med. Wraith form keeps mana up fine. SW is an excellent addition imo. No resist can get annoying at some spawns, but it doesn't effect me too much. Just bring pots/apples/petals.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
necro 100
ss 120
magery 120
med 60
taming 110
lore 110
vet 100

can work?
I have a necromage tamer. You don't need meditation. Wraith form provides plenty of mana. Also you don't need 120 magery, 100 is fine, and without eval intelligence your magery will do crap damage. Recommend you ditch meditation, only go with 100 magery and pick up 80 eval int (get this as high as you can with items). Be sure to get +10 taming and +10 animal lore on items-you definitely need 120 total taming/animal lore.

*I would recommend using meditation while you are working on raising your magery and necro skill, but mark it down once you GM both those skills.

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Basically, you'd only need 91.8 magery - that way you can cast 6th circle spells (invis) with 100% chance!
Exactly, only I can't bring myself to lower it that much because long ago I paid 40m for 120 mage PS and it took me a while to get to 120. So my magery stays at 120 even if it makes my character worse hahaha

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would run 106 magery for 100% success with 7th circle spells personally. Flamestrike, Chain Lightning, Meteor Swarm, Gate Travel, Mass Dispel -- all very useful abilities. Wraith Form + Corpse Skin + Chain Flamestrikes is going to be the bulk of a Necromage's DPS.

As for Meditation. I still find it useful, but it depends on the encounter. There are some encounters out there where you will not be able to Mana Drain in wraith form the whole time. Even when I do Barra... erm.. The Piper, I often run him out of mana with Flamestrikes and have nothing left to leech from him. I can typically switch to Fireball when this happens and still maintain some DPS on him. But no mana to drain = no sustain (especially with consume running).

Certain spawns will have waves with nothing to drain from either -- Semidar, Mephitis, and I think part of Rikktor all have parts or all of it where you can't leech from the spawn.

As useful as spellweaving and WoD are, Spellweaving is what I swap meditation with when I need it. I will also use meditation if I am doing content where my pet will be doing the bulk of the fighting and I need to supplemental heal a lot (Void Pool and Travesty come to mind).

RessMePlz

Journeyman
Thank you all, I reworked my template, now my real skills are:

Necrokancy 100
Spirit speak 100
Magery 120
Eva int 60 (+10 on talisman)
Animal taming 120
Animal lore 120
Veterinary 100

Planning to add +30 Eva int and + 20 Spirit speak on jewelry when I’ll find a good imbuer.
Can’t drop magery to 100 because I share the skill with another char :)