• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro Dark Wolf & Bake's - How does it work?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
C

Connor_Graham

Would someone please explain to me exactly how this thing with the dark wolf and the bake kitsune's works as far as control and all that? I haven't been able to find anything specific on it and would like to see if it would fit into my fighting style.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say I don`t think this suppose to work, but it doese for now. I guess you would summon a Dark Wolf, & use the tame skill. Or maybe its part of a Context menu on the dark wolf. After tame I would assume regular pet commands would work. However, I would assume if you loose the dark wolf you would loose control.

At one time I believer you were able to tame Cu`shides with dark wolfs to. Until they fixed it. Better train up my character while I can. I get a pair of bakes hassle free before they fix this.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the little foxes are canines. Dark wolves set necro taming required on canines to 0. So if you have no taming it still may take more than one try.

Summon your dark wolf and go use the taming skill on the kitsune. As long as you have the dark wolf out, you can control the foxes. Just as soon as it's gone, you'll loose control. DO NOT COMMAND IT! Summon up another dark wolf, then you can command it again.

Yes, to have two kitsune out as a necro, you will have to be on foot.

Kitsune are not angerable (they are agressive, use invis), and most tamers can tame them quickly. So there wasn't a big stink over them and necros. (The necro's snake used to let you command yamadons and Serando, hehe, that was much fun to lead around by the nose).

When the cu sidhe where tamable by necros, it was a huge advantage to have the anger cycle removed and be able to tame them on the first or second try. It was almost impossible for a tamer to tame a cu sidhe cause the necros would go out and steal them out from under them while the tamer fought the anger cycle. Cu sidhe where described as fey dogs (and they are in myth) in the ML literature. They where never ment to be canine.

An interesting note is that the dark wolf doesn't let you tame hell hounds.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hehe can u imagine how much damage that would do, a necro mage with a hell hound pack at barracoon? =p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When the cu sidhe where tamable by necros, it was a huge advantage to have the anger cycle removed and be able to tame them on the first or second try. It was almost impossible for a tamer to tame a cu sidhe cause the necros would go out and steal them out from under them while the tamer fought the anger cycle. Cu sidhe where described as fey dogs (and they are in myth) in the ML literature. They where never ment to be canine.
I still don't understand why you loose karma for killing them. If they wanted to link them back to the original myth, well the whole bit kidnapping Women, and being the harbinger of death, doesn't really make them sound all that nice....

Scottish folklore, where the Cu Sidhe (Cu Sìth is more accurate) is borrowed, Fey or fairy creatures aren't really all that nice.. That's one of the things I will condemn companies like Walt Disney Pictures for, they twist and destroy cultural heritage in the making of their films...Seriously has any one else ever read any of the original version of the Grimm Fairy Tales?

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the old fairy tales. You should know that.

The Sidhe (pronounced "she") are the elves. Not nice people, really not nice.

Think of this. The ban sidhe (newer spelling is banshee) are harbringers of death too. Usually if it has sidhe on it, it's not good and it's time to get in before dark and leave out the saucers of milk.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still don't understand why you loose karma for killing them. If they wanted to link them back to the original myth, well the whole bit kidnapping Women, and being the harbinger of death, doesn't really make them sound all that nice....

Scottish folklore, where the Cu Sidhe (Cu Sìth is more accurate) is borrowed, Fey or fairy creatures aren't really all that nice.. That's one of the things I will condemn companies like Walt Disney Pictures for, they twist and destroy cultural heritage in the making of their films...Seriously has any one else ever read any of the original version of the Grimm Fairy Tales?
Did you ever see the Walt Disney Cartoon that was .... well propaganda against Japan during the war?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Did you ever see the Walt Disney Cartoon that was .... well propaganda against Japan during the war?
Possibly though I don't recall it off hand I know the Warner Brother's stuido was awful for racial and cultural profiling in it's cartoons. Bugs Bunny was probably the biggest Bigot of the animation world at one point.....