• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NDA lifted - lets discuss

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Latest news from the Elder Scrolls homepage is, that the beta-nda got lifted: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/02/15/the-beta-nda-has-lifted

I am still not shure, if it counts for upcoming betas or for previous beta weekends, too. Even more interesting is, that there will be another beta coming soon. So if you havent registered yet for a beta key, there still is a chance. (For the last weekend there was an additionally beta-key-give-away in cooperatioon with another big gaming webside. It was said, that they had an extra 500k keys for that.) So if your really into it, you should be able to get a key. Aside from having your own first glance at the game to get your own impressions, you can use it for testing, how smooth the game might run on your personal computer.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes! And the way I read the announcement, "Starting today, the Non-Disclosure Agreement has been lifted, so you'll be able to share your thoughts!" means I can share my thoughts.

The first thing I noticed were the graphics and the mechanics of game play. I'd prefer using a game controller, but the mouse & keyboard are, um, adequate, and easy enough to use once y're into the game. Graphics are Skyrim Light. Probably because Skyrim quality graphics would cause Comcast to start charging for extra bandwidth :rolleyes2:. That said, the graphics are awesome!

The quest-a-mania structure of the game is not too confining for adventuring. I mean, you can use the quests to level up and still have plenty of game world to explore just for fun.

Grouping for completing difficult quests is easy. You can even solo the quest up to a point where y'll die without help, then, join a group just for the more hazardous action.

Bugs are few & have been corrected between test sessions. The world is vast and beautifully rendered. It's a game for fighters, crafters and explorers. ESO appeals broadly to both, players who want a structured, quest driven environment and to those who want to freely explore the lands. Overall, I happily rate ESO a "9+" for a new game.

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like Darkfall but not as harsh in PvP side. I have my preorder now, cant wait for April :)