• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Navery and Great Ape Bug

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Was fighting Navery. Killed her a few times. Got tired of it and decided to go kill Great Ape. Had been in the Great Ape encounter for quite a while (Ape was less than 3/4 life). Suddenly I heard the Navery Web sound and was some how transported back to Navery's Lair and trapped in a web...

solve that one :lol:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Was fighting Navery. Killed her a few times. Got tired of it and decided to go kill Great Ape. Had been in the Great Ape encounter for quite a while (Ape was less than 3/4 life). Suddenly I heard the Navery Web sound and was some how transported back to Navery's Lair and trapped in a web...

solve that one :lol:
Navrey got p*ssed with you for killing her so many times, and she summoned you back to get revenge.. o_O

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you had started attacking Navery and then left, this is not necessarily a bug. If you left before she appeared then it was a bug.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If you had started attacking Navery and then left, this is not necessarily a bug. If you left before she appeared then it was a bug.
Had left shortly after her death and went to Grape Ape.

But even if she had spawned I hit her and recalled out.. to be pulled back in a good 15 minutes later? Yeah, I would still call that a bug.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I can try this? Ill go start fighting Navrey then go to Fel and attack some players then get pulled back to Navrey?
:dunce:

You clearly do not play UO.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It is a bug, an good luck fixing it..It would be interesting trying to reproduce it. I would guess trying to fix this wound bring more bugs in.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
i have never heard of this happening to others, sounds like a one time thing. As for going to fel, i'd have to double check but i believe navery and the great ape are on the same server.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
i have never heard of this happening to others, sounds like a one time thing.
At one time.. the Medusa bugged Dragons was just a one time thing..
at one time.. the advance character token debacle was just a one time thing..

I mean I don't mind a buggy game. We deal with the 'Fel Bug'. We deal with the 'Night Sight' bug. We deal with seeing copies of our pets float off the boat and into the water bug. I don't like bugs that can make ya dead, cost gold or pets. Had I simply recalled to X area (any safe spot on the same server), went to the bathroom I could have come back to the monochrome screen of death... and imo that is bull to have in game.

Should be fixed regardless of how many times it "appears" to have happened. If this is "working as designed" (as you said in an earlier post) then whomever designed it needs to pull their head out of their ass... and design the thing correctly.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Probably some bug with the great ape teleport and the navrey teleport, somehow the target for your teleport was stored as the navrey one instead of the great ape one. Don't think it can happen anywhere else since it's probably tied to the boss teleport ability.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Chances may be that the command was given by the great Ape to teleport you to itself, and the buffer carrying your previous location at Navrey did not get overwritten by the new coordinates i.e. to get you right next to the ape, and boom you are back at good ole Navrey. But what would cause the new data not overwrite the previous location coords? Not sure what would cause it, CPU spike due to an EM event? or ? I have never seen the code and likely would not be able to tease specific items out, due to "spaghetti" status and reportedly poor documentation. Interesting bug though. But should not happen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
who said Navrey hole is broken? They've just changed the triggering mechanism.
If the owner did not give the hole to an EM, The hole does not work. Some shards may not have a working one. Ours did not work for a few months until the EM got a hold of it.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
If the owner did not give the hole to an EM, The hole does not work. Some shards may not have a working one. Ours did not work for a few months until the EM got a hold of it.
I'm being sarcastic saying the Great Ape is the new Navrey hole and nothing else!