• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Naturalist White Seeds Question

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've been gathering white seeds from the naturalist quest to try to find white campions, but so far when I ID the seeds I only get the modern type plants such as Orfluers, Foxgloves, Hedges, etc. Is this "bad" luck or a bug where I'm only getting modern type plants when IDing the white seed from the naturalist quest? I've been at it for at least a month, so I'm starting to worry lol.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've not noticed that the white seeds were only giving the new flowers. I'll test it out today and see what happens.

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If you're specifically looking for campions it might actually be easier to grow a bunch of campions, cross-pollinate them and hope for white mutations. At least that way you'll get 8 white campion seeds at a go.

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah that's true, I didn't think of being able to get 8 white seeds at once rather than just one at a time. Both ways I'm sure will take a good while, but like you said at least I'll get 8. So I'll give that a go. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Venora, I have 8 white campion seeds on Origin that you can have if you have a way to get them to Atlantic. Shoot me a PM if you want them.

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Tina for the help, but I don't have a way to get to Origin or to get back to Atlantic. I do appreciate the offer tho, it's really nice of you :)

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have white campions on Pacific you can have, just need to come get them.

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Venora, i've attached a spreadsheet of all the seeds available in the naturalist quest..

Note that the spots in red are the seeds that i've not attained yet but do exist.

This should help you see whats available. (click on pdf to open below)

Good Luck,

-jill

Attachments

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the offer Tomarke, but I don't have any way to get to Pacific or any other shards sorry. I appreciate it tho, thank you :)

Nice spreadsheet! Love the color matching on the colored seeds. Thanks Jill :)

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How exactly do you get White Seeds from a plant. I am new to this and I thought the only way to get them was from the quest. Thx!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cross-pollination, but it's a hard road. I have 2 garden beds and x'd my plants for in excess of 2 months before I got a black plant

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you just cross pollinate any 2 plants, or does it have to be two types of the same?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The parent plants determine the offspring type. If you want a specific type then you had best use two of the same parents and cross them.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might be an urban legend, its been too long for me to say I remember for certain, but I thought the wisdom on both white and black seeds was to stress the plants after cross pollination.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I grow mine in raised flower beds and have received several batches of mutant seed since I last replied to this thread.

I think that is just an old wives tale.