• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

natural samurai, no magic

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

I'm considering making a natural Samurai, with no magic. His template would look something like:

120: mace
100: tactics, anatomy, healing
100: bushido, parry, resist spells
- - - - -
100 str / 90 dex / 40 int

How do you think this guy would do in PvM? In Pvp? Any suggestions for tweaking the template?

I

imported_GFY

Well... you brought it up!

You would HATE this template. You have no magic to travel anywhere. 100 resist (IMHO) is too low for pvp or pvm. I don't think you'd like 100 bushido and perry. (Again too low IMHO) 100 healing and anatomy wouldn't be too bad but with only 90 dex your stamina and swing speed would be too low and your bandies would take 5 seconds I believe. (again too slow)

Get yourself a +25 stat scroll and put it all into dex. Drop tac to 90 (min for both weapon specials) healing will do at 85. Put the rest into parry and bushido. GO for 120 parry first and try to add some items to push your bushido to 120 also.

R

Ravenspyre

The major issue I see with your template, you have no focus or meditation thus your mana regeneration will be pretty low. Ontop of that ismple fact, you focus a bit much into macing, which isn't needed to be that high for PvM. PvP possibly.

As far as travelling anywhere, 100% success recalling using a charge from a rune book. Make's it fairly easy. How I got around on my pure samurai for a long time and I never regretted it once. Unfortunately with the change to weapon specials I had to make a tough choice.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

As far as travelling anywhere, 100% success recalling using a charge from a rune book. Make's it fairly easy.

[/ QUOTE ]I hate to bring it up, but it is not a 100% chance to recall with a runebook using a charge. On my main char (before I switched his template from swordsman to paladin)he had 40 magery and I would still fizzle using charges about 15-20% of the time.

I

imported_zeroshade

<blockquote><hr>

]I hate to bring it up, but it is not a 100% chance to recall with a runebook using a charge. On my main char (before I switched his template from swordsman to paladin)he had 40 magery and I would still fizzle using charges about 15-20% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never fizzled on my elf samurai with 0 magery using rune book charges.

I

imported_zeroshade

Heres my two cents. I agree somewhat to the other posts and also disagree some.

You need 120 weapon skill. Its imperative especially if you don't have HCI or are limited in HCI.

100 tactics and anatomy you need for full evasion plus the damage increase
you need at least 90 tacts for secondary weapon specials
healing only really needs to be 90 (at 90 healing you don't fail normal heals with bandages)

bushido and parry you want as high as you can afford. Personally i have 115 bushido and 115 parry the scrolls cost way less and i use the other 10 pts on something else.

The last skill i use is resist spells mine is 70 with the +15 craftable bracelet

some resist is better than none i pvp in fel a little, so i'm no expert, but when i have fought and get paralized at 85 resist i stay paralyzed only long enough for the first energy field to be put down so i never get cross fielded in a 1v1 plus i resist poison about half the time.

Resist helps with paralysis, curses, etc it lessens the duration.

Heres what i run and i don't normally switch my template around unless i put archery on

120 mace
115 parry
115 bushido
100 tacts
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 resist ill put the remaining 10 pts here when my account is old enough

710 total points

With this template i can play anywhere with my guild (which is normally 2-4 on at a time) including peerless and doom

Stats are:
105 str
125 dex
25 int (45 mana with elf)

There is no mana regen on my char so i use honor to gain my mana back, The only time i have a problem is during peerless fights, if you don't pvp then i would recommend switching resist for focus for your regen. focus at 60 will give you 3 mr and 6 stamina. This will help if whatever weapon your using lacks leaches.

R

Ravenspyre

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As far as travelling anywhere, 100% success recalling using a charge from a rune book. Make's it fairly easy.

[/ QUOTE ]I hate to bring it up, but it is not a 100% chance to recall with a runebook using a charge. On my main char (before I switched his template from swordsman to paladin)he had 40 magery and I would still fizzle using charges about 15-20% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]It is. I have never had magery on my samurai, and for the two plus years that he existed before this latest nerf to samurais, he used nothing but that runebook charge with 100% success.