• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Alchemy] Natural dye?

H

hizack

What can be dye from these? Armor? Weapons? Talisman? How does it compare to Tokuno pigments? There seems to be a big price difference between the two.

Thanks in advance

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a load of items that the pigments will do that the Tok dyes wont. Jewelry, books the Tok dyes wont do like the invasion spellbooks, carp deco, things not made or enhanced with special materials that a dye tub would.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Natural dye is a renewable resource, it's not rare, freely obtainable by just about anyone. It's also more versatile, as has previously been stated.

H

hizack

Thank you! It sounds cool! The prices are more affordable then Tokuno pigments

:)

K

Kallie Pigeon

It's pretty cool. I made a bunch from my plants after harvest, saving a few for future pollen sources, and the drawback being you only get 5 uses per dye but you get one dye per plant and you can dye your spellbook, leather armor, metal armor, weapon and I imagine shoes too all the same color although I haven't checked the shoes yet. You can't dye talismans (I tried). Does anyone have an idea what these sell for?

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's pretty cool. I made a bunch from my plants after harvest, saving a few for future pollen sources, and the drawback being you only get 5 uses per dye but you get one dye per plant and you can dye your spellbook, leather armor, metal armor, weapon and I imagine shoes too all the same color although I haven't checked the shoes yet. You can't dye talismans (I tried). Does anyone have an idea what these sell for?
The common, easier ones (ie; the ones from normal plants) sell on LS for about 10k or so - the naturalist ones sell for 40-50k, black and white for a bit more, and the ice a bit higher than that.

I dunno if they sell or not - I make my own :)

K

Kallie Pigeon

Has anyone tried the scouring toxin? I just tried out the dyes to see what they would do. I dyed my rune book and my spined leggings and my katana red to match the red of my other horned peices. Using the scouring toxin my spined leggings became normal leather color (brown not the normal spined blue) and it did not work to uncolor my still red katana. I get the message "that is not a valid target". So I tried the plain dye from plain plants and it changed the katana back to the normal color.

eta I tried the scouring toxin on a horned cap that wasn't dyed and it made it brown like normal leather. Cool...

K

Kallie Pigeon

I just tried the scouring toxin on an unstained valorite chain coif and it made it look like plain iron coif. That's cool, another way to make your outifit match up.