• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Narvey Portable Entrance Issue On Atlantic.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and whenever she sees another person she will intentionally drop rocks on them trying to kill them
Might not be the best person to be around with, but how can you drop rocks on a player?! They just drop on Navrey.

Smells more like some angry tamers who are too lazy too call their pets off when rocks are available. There were always some oddballs calling like "no rocks, mmmkay?" because they came with a GD lel. Same people who cry foul and recall out when a second person shows up at Miasma :D

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1. The Navrey hole on on Atlantic is about to be deleted because the guy that owns it I was told was Clops (at least that is what Mesanna implied would happen to all his accounts)

2. Navrey isn't a gold making monster. Navery on shards that has the hole only makes it easier to get in there. Which makes those shards that has the hole more accessible and funner to play.

3. There is talk about making a new portal much like the Moonstone Crystal and the Corrupted portal for more ease of access to places like Ilshenar. This is a fantastic idea and I would be very happy to see Navrey added to that portal.

4. Ease of access to Navrey or anyplace has absolutely nothing to do with being harassed in the game. Why anyone would imply they're related and people agreeing is beyond my understanding. Of course I risk getting banned for thinking this.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
3. There is talk about making a new portal much like the Moonstone Crystal and the Corrupted portal for more ease of access to places like Ilshenar. This is a fantastic idea and I would be very happy to see Navrey added to that portal.
^^^ This.

Hopefully @Kyronix and @Bleak see this and will consider adding it to any new Crystal teleporter when it is released (hopefully by Halloween events).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Might not be the best person to be around with, but how can you drop rocks on a player?! They just drop on Navrey.

Smells more like some angry tamers who are too lazy too call their pets off when rocks are available. There were always some oddballs calling like "no rocks, mmmkay?" because they came with a GD lel. Same people who cry foul and recall out when a second person shows up at Miasma :D
If it is a melee character or a Tamer vetting their pet, the rocks fall on them also. Its hard to keep track of a Garg buzzing around to see if he is clicking the towers or just buzzing around while his pet fights.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*wonders how foolish he will look if he asks what RMT means*
*tries to unscramble what RMT could mean..... Real Mean Tomato's.... Rock'n Mountain Tattoo..... Ripe Melon Tippers..... gives up*
RMT = Real Money Transaction.

Selling gold or in game items for real cash basically.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually yeah they do prevent you from being there sometimes. There is one person in particular on Atlantic who sits down there literally all day some days, and whenever she sees another person she will intentionally drop rocks on them trying to kill them, harass them, try to get them killed various other ways including with exploits, and if the person still doesn't leave she will even go get Greater Dragons with multiple accounts and start releasing them down there just so they will attack the other player. I had to boot her from my guild 2 years ago for it, because I was getting such a huge amount of complaints about her behavior from many other players. When I asked her about it she pretty much said she does it to sell tangles for real money, and screw everyone else, she has no plans of stopping.

Having another player trying to get you killed non-stop makes it rather difficult to both fight the boss and avoid their harassment tactics. Having 5 of her released Greater Dragons attacking you at the same time doesn't help either.
Then clearly since she is well versed in bad behavior, she shouldn't be surprised when she gets it in return. While I'm not saying 2 wrongs make a right, but if she is willing to escalate her tactics, I'd be happy to show her a few new ones. But again, its a public dungeon and I'm sure a decent group could handle her behavior and a couple Greater Dragons with no problem. I'd be happy to come to Atlantic and roast her Greater Dragons alive quite easily. Plus with the new taming publish I can tell you for a fact there are creatures that you wouldn't expect that can eat Greater Dragons easily! Moral of the story is don't be afraid of bullies.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I, as a new player, liked the hole because older players were using it for events (flipping coins into a well.) and it was a fast way to get to a boss fight for me. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can see it already..

next step? :lick:

"Let's outlaw house teleporters to the Abyss houses because people are making hundreds of thousands in rl cash selling imbuing essences"

:lol:
To be fair, people actually did make quite a lot of money farming imbuing ingredients back when imbuing was new. It was possible to make hundreds of mils every day by farming the stuff no one else knew how to farm yet. Demon claws for example, it took me maybe an hour to farm 20 of them, and they would sell on my vendor for 7.5m per stack of 10 and sold within a day every single time. That would be 300m per day if I had farmed it 20 hours a day like some people were doing back then, and that is just doing it on one account without any illegal programs, some people would have like 10 accounts spread throughout different shards script-farming them, and 10 accounts times 300m per day would be making 3 billion gold worth of stuff per day off their script farming. That equates to a few hundred real dollars a day based on gold selling prices of that time.

That all ended once the dupers started churning out deeds of 60k of each imbuing ingredient, which is why they are all pretty much worthless now.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh yeah.. I made a lot of gold off faery dust back then. Could name your price and it would not stay in stock long. But now? Not only did the dupers kill it off there is also very little call for imbuing - at least nowhere near what it was. Everyone has moved along to the higher end loot.

was just trying to strawman the convo ;)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't care what you do on the prodo shards - I am only interested in Siege.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't care what you do on the prodo shards - I am only interested in Siege.
This thread is specifically about the Navrey hole on Atlantic that was in a house that was part of the EM Debacle. You sure took a wrong turn.

StressBall

Adventurer
I like the hole, I like not getting armor dura going down as i run through the underworld. I dont think it has any impact of people farming tangles its a two min walk. Ma nerva used to hand out lucky coins at the hole to increase traffic (wish that would happen again).

Thanks Ma Nerva, good work and love the net drops on the weekends :)

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes iam wondering what people are smoking or what Pills they Take. Or Most likely if their dont Take their Pills.

What is the Problem with the navrey Holes? The are a Charm and help you running through the whole Dungeon.

Are you Guys are also for removing Recall and Gate? Because it Safes time? Holy cow. I like to throw Up....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guess would be its related to the 125 items in your pack tactic that is still in use. Why is everyone acting like they don't know this ?