• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Named Skeleton's?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Having an autistic son myself I can certainly relate, but I will admit you give off a vibe that says you're in game more than you're out. I'm going to assume that's been a misconception on my part. ;-)
Yeah I know...I think I post more then I play! lol

I got 2 hours in last night, got a few more sorc dungeon drops, a few named bones of other people lol....

Got about an hour..or so in this morning..did some ToT STILL NO SCARECROW! I'm getting frustrated! I am getting everything else though!

Killed my sampire about 12 times, did manage to get a set of her bones....now I'm off running errands and stuff before the brats get home from school....WISH I had more time to play!

But in the few hours or so a day I actually do play I have done pretty well. Got the Jawbone and now Jacks Bag...11 points left :/ Gotta farm that some more and GET THAT DARN SCARECROW! lol and then I think I will have done about all I can for the Halloween Content...only managed to get one platemail piece from the dungeon though..I do like to have suit sets so I'm hoping to manage to get at least one this go round :)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
:heart: you Larisa, but in some posts you say less than 2 hours, some say 2 hours, and some you say 3 hours or so. There's a big difference there. I feel like doing 2 hours of anything a day during the work week is a luxury. Especially with kids.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
:heart: you Larisa, but in some posts you say less than 2 hours, some say 2 hours, and some you say 3 hours or so. There's a big difference there. I feel like doing 2 hours of anything a day during the work week is a luxury. Especially with kids.
Thankfully both of my daughters are in High School so they are gone during the day.

Depending on whether I want to watch something on Netflix, play Bingo (Yeah I like bingo!) play UO or just come on Stratics to torment you people ;)

Today I chose to Check Facebook, Check the Cubs score from the game last night because I was too depressed to stay up lol, played a few games of bingo, popped online for an hour or so, went to the store, just got home and guess where I am?

Yep, here tormenting you people ;)

And I don't work....I am a full-time Mom. My income comes from other sources ;) (NO it's not bad!)

I do have a side business though

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thankfully both of my daughters are in High School so they are gone during the day.

Depending on whether I want to watch something on Netflix, play Bingo (Yeah I like bingo!) play UO or just come on Stratics to torment you people ;)

Today I chose to Check Facebook, Check the Cubs score from the game last night because I was too depressed to stay up lol, played a few games of bingo, popped online for an hour or so, went to the store, just got home and guess where I am?

Yep, here tormenting you people ;)

And I don't work....I am a full-time Mom. My income comes from other sources ;) (NO it's not bad!)

I do have a side business though
Let me ask you something further then... do you think all gamers are stay at home parents in the same demographic as you? Or do you feel that the game should only have a target audience of someone that has as much leisure time as you? Is that a good business plan? I'm only tying this conversation back to my original point about how the game requires too much time.

Edit: I work at home so I have a bit more leisure time than others as well.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Let me ask you something further then... do you think all gamers are stay at home parents in the same demographic as you? Or do you feel that the game should only have a target audience of someone that has as much leisure time as you? Is that a good business plan? I'm only tying this conversation back to my original point about how the game requires too much time.

Edit: I work at home so I have a bit more leisure time than others as well.
With content such as this? It's a whole month long...so if you log in even an hour a day I am pretty sure you can get everything from it.

I think everyone has a chance...even with that ANNOYING Kalen's Staff I did manage to get one on my own....took me awhile but I did get it....took about a week? Or so...an hour or 2 a day....lots of SoS's lol.

So even if someone works full time and has kids to take care of or something else...I believe that there still is plenty of opportunity to get the items you desire.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm fairly sure my experience has yielded both styles from named and unnamed, but I'll have to pay closer attention to say 100%
On further experience, you're right.

It's really odd, though, that in my first day I collected about 10 skeletons, with the only new ones being on named, and only the old ones being on un-named. When I went back out again yesterday, there were both types on all skeletal knights.

That's a REALLY odd bit of streaking on the first day. Curse you, RNG.....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With content such as this? It's a whole month long...so if you log in even an hour a day I am pretty sure you can get everything from it.

I think everyone has a chance...even with that ANNOYING Kalen's Staff I did manage to get one on my own....took me awhile but I did get it....took about a week? Or so...an hour or 2 a day....lots of SoS's lol.

So even if someone works full time and has kids to take care of or something else...I believe that there still is plenty of opportunity to get the items you desire.
I think the difficulty comes in when the content is stuff that is not easily soloed by most players. It is getting to the point where most of the people who have ample time to play every day are getting tired of the Sorcerer's Dungeon and therefore fewer people are there. On small shards, that means that the people who only play an hour per day end up after two weeks or so trying to hunt in the dungeon by themselves or with only one or two other people. For some rooms, that's not a bad deal; however, if there is something like a paragon nightmare fairy, it isn't much fun.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are a untrained character (skills in the 30s) that looks like they are purposely dying to get skeletons to pop up. (checked on myuo.com)

So, with this said, its my understanding then, you must die ALOT to get a skeleton to pop up in your name. I tried dying 20 times. and nothing.
you have to clear out the que of the old ones before yours will spawn. on a shard like atlantic, this can be alot. on smaller shards can be as few as 5 or 10 skeletons. i killed my one character about 250 times last night, got 4 white bones, one new hued greenish, one new graphic. The new graphic wasnt in the hue i wanted, so will be trying again today.