• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Naked dungeon crawl, anyone?

• Thread starter imported_Evilminion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Evilminion

And no, I'm not talking dirty to you.

I was just reading over some of the recent posts in U Hall, and one of 'em mentioned naked dungeon crawls: a party of fun-loving players + one of the virtue dungeons + all characters stripped down to their skivvies, a starter weapon, and a blank spellbook + a certain amount of real-world beer.

I would love to get a few folks together and see how far down the dungeon we could get, and how ugly our scavenged outfits would end up being.

Anyone else interested?

I

imported_Az of DSR

So no ways to heal or rez, just die till your done? Just curious, ( =

M

MuseDeDannan

as you loot bandages, spell scrolls and lrc pieces off monsters you increase your chances of survival and abilities to heal

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, technically, if the mages take regs, and the chiv types are allowed to tithe before they go, the Paladins would be able to heal and rez, until the others started getting equipped. If lockpickers could take some picks, eventually the mages might even get resurrection scrolls (the dungeon statics are, after all, the original source of 8th circle scrolls - one just has to open them, and keep looting them to force contents to respawn).

I

imported_Evilminion

And if all else fails, it might be a good idea to pick a dungeon near a shrine.

I

imported_Az of DSR

Well id be interested given a nasty dungeon, ( =
One dungeon Ive never been in much at all is Hyloth for no reason I can think of. Just never hunted there, haha. Id be a dead noob in there for sure.

R

RestlessLA

would have to have a good set guideline of rules... if someone had honor they could just honor themselves and run on through without anything attacking them...stealthers i assume are also a no go...

I

imported_Az of DSR

Restless, we should make those 300 chars if this goes down..
This is SPARTA!

I

imported_tek

I’ve actually done this before me and a couple others armed with just a regular weapon bought from a blacksmith and bandages, that’s it - no armour. Just getting equipment from our loots, wasn’t bad till the oger lords.

S

Slacktard

LOL
Sounds like fun and it would give me an excuse for dying so much!

I

imported_Evilminion

<blockquote><hr>

Restless, we should make those 300 chars if this goes down..
This is SPARTA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heeheee!! I do believe we have a theme.

So it does sound as if folks are interested, yay! What sort of timing is best for everyone? A weekday evening? A Saturday? A Sunday?

I

imported_Fran Fury

Sign me up!

I have only ever done one naked dungeon crawl before and there were no weapons or anything. We all just ran for our lives!

Of course this was at the Olympic events and we were gated into the 2nd or 3rd level and there was a chunk of gold on the line for the first ones out

Sounds like lots of fun!

I

imported_Az of DSR

<blockquote><hr>

Heeheee!! I do believe we have a theme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then boots and a cloak and sash would have to be permitable so we look like spartans. ( =

G

Only if we have to carry at least 25 beers and stay drunk the whole time!!!!

I

imported_Evilminion

No, no... the beers are for the PLAYERS, not the CHARACTERS...
*hic*

EDIT: I think I'll whip up a bunch of Nekkid Dungeon Crawl Kits for this. Characters arrive nekkid and equip from their kit. Cloak, boots, sash, leather shorts, a wooden shield, empty spellbook, a very basic weapon, and some ale. All else will have to be looted in the dungeon.

I'm also going to set aside some prizes for the event, although I still need to ponder what to award them for. Most Helpful Character and Best Sport About Constant Mortality come to mind...

I

imported_Fran Fury

Let me know if you need any help on this. Also Chango and I will be happy to toss something to you to help with prizes.

I

imported_Az of DSR

<blockquote><hr>

Alright, I'm nekkid, let's go!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

C

Chango Pelon

OK guys, just to let you know, it is apparently NOT Ok to do a Naked Grocery Store Crawl. Hopefully I get a judge with a sense of humor...

I

imported_Fran Fury

He got out again??

*starts looking for better locks*