• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mythic/ EA really dropping the ball over this map thing

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:cursing: I am simply astounded by the financial wellbeing failure shown by this idiotic, bloated, non-money-making-thinking corporation. :mad:

For 10 years+, their customers have been happily paying different people for server access to play with their group of friends, on THEIR product, with a decent mapping utility. A great deal of money at that!!

Mythic / EA spends millions designing a (imho) decent new client and are desperate for people to use it, for a variety of very valid reasons. Yet... many many many people who say they would willingly switch , me included, are saying they will not switch because of the lack of a decent mapping utility.

People are BEGGING for someone / anyone to take their money so they can play in the comfortable mapped way that they have been playing for a decade+. Instead of the light going off in some empty minded design/marketing Mythic / EA bafoon's head, they comfortably stick their head back into that pile of sand they always have had closely available.

WHY has there not been a grand announcement that they will be releasing a fully functional map client, and renting server space....immediately. Or...run a competetion for the best working player made utility, with the winner earning an "approved" status (whatever that is).

Is it possible that there is not a single forward thinking person left there that recognizes the word "Profit". It is not like they do not already have vast resources of under/non-utilized used server hardware and bandwidth available. Maybe it is the capitalist in me, but I would be squeezing every cent out of that old equipment as I could.

Good heavens people, are there no thinking people left in all those buildings you occupy across the country? It is no wonder that we, the USA, are declining to a 3rd world country...on an intellectuall level, among many other levels. :loser:

There are simply no adjectives that can go with the word "pathetic" to accurately describe this situation. :thumbdown:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know about you, but I'm NOT paying for another third party program that should be in the game in the first place.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to say this, but yes, we know that you want UOAM features in UO. This is only made obvious by the multiple posts mentioning it, they said the enhanced client is only in beta, and they are apparently looking into what the players want. So if you want to talk about this, why not use the thread that DEV's and Chrissay actually post into sometimes? Wouldn't that be a smart move? And honestly... do you REALLY think EA/Mythic spent "Millions" of dollars on the enhanced client that they're releasing for free? When you make it yourself, it's much cheaper than when you buy it... and I doubt that that was in the millions even if they DID buy it...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about you, but I'm NOT paying for another third party program that should be in the game in the first place.
I don't believe either author was planning to charge for their map application.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I looked, the SA expanded map was much better than the old "radar view" of previous clients. Sure, it is no Automap, but I think I'll give them some time before I start complaining about it. At least, this time around, they seem to be actually fixing bugs and doing it more or less correctly. I've seen several problems fixed without introducing new ones.

N

Nastia Cross

Even if the new client map was improved to where it was an equal to UOAM, I still wouldn't play the EC because the graphics give me a headache. I can't look at those graphics for more than five minutes without my eyes hurting. I'm being absolutely serious. If they make a better map, it should be included in the classic client.