• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysticism

O

omgmir

I use my necro/mage/weaver a lot, he's my go to character if i'm heading to a guild hunt or event or group peerless etc. Recently though i've seen more and more mysticism use, I can hardly walk through Abyss without stumbling over RCs.

I have yet to use it on any template, but if I wanted to is it worth dropping spellweaving or something for it? Is RC that good? Is it a lot stronger than EV? EVs I rarely use much anymore except for weak things because they either just don't do enough damage or they get auto-dispelled.

I can't see giving up the damage of magery just for a better summon but maybe i'm missing something.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well a necro mage weaver is pretty good. Probably better at spawning, but for tanking with a mage other than mage/tamer, a Mage/Mystic/Weaver is pretty good. I find it a good balanced char. You can do both PvP and PvM effectively. I like the template.

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Myst
120 Focus
120 Resist
120 Spellweaving

That's what I am working on. I Still need to work on the Myst and the weaving.

Y

Yen Sid

No Resist if your not gonna PvP. And even if you do, with the million ways to get everything off you anyway, whats the point? Trapped boxes, apples, pots, ect.

My template-

120 Magery (done)
120 Eval (110 atm, just ate a 120 scroll last night)
120 Med (done)
120 Mysticism (done)
120 Focus (100, 120 with crystalline ring, so done ;))
120 Spellweaving (only at 110.2 atm but working on it lol)
20 points left over, not sure what to use them for lol.
This is on a Gargoyle.

I can do lots of things by myself with this template. I do all renowneds, Medusa solo, Doom solo, group peerless, etc. Makes a good support character too with cleansing winds, gift of renewal, rezzing, ect.

Plus I have 120 Imbuing on a stone from before the big change so I can swap that in for making suits and whatnot.

I have been using this template since SA came out (minus Focus for Imbuing until the change), and I have loved every minute of it :D.

O

omgmir

I would love to hear how you solo Doom and Medusa with that template. :O

Not being sarcastic either I want to know.

I'm not a big fan of spawning I mainly just use necro for the unlimited mana in wraith form in group peerless and doom but I would sacrifice that in a heartbeat to be able to solo them instead.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Resist if your not gonna PvP. And even if you do, with the million ways to get everything off you anyway, whats the point? Trapped boxes, apples, pots, ect.
Ease of mind. I won't run out of resist :)

J

[JD]

RC seems to get dispelled less. plus it does a sh*tload more dmg

also Mysticism has a higher level AOE spell than Meteor swarm, theoretically you should do more damage with it. Nether winds I think?

I don't know how it stacks up to the SW AOE that everyone seems to love.

dfirestein

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do so many Mysticism templates use Magery instead of Necromancy? Is Magery that much better than Necromancy for PvM and PvP?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would love to hear how you solo Doom and Medusa with that template. :O

Not being sarcastic either I want to know.

I'm not a big fan of spawning I mainly just use necro for the unlimited mana in wraith form in group peerless and doom but I would sacrifice that in a heartbeat to be able to solo them instead.
I have this same template and it is very powerful! I have not tried to solo doom or medusa but I could see where it could be done ! If i have time this weekend I will give it a try and see what happens !

I run a little lower magery and weave so that I could fit resist spells on but basically the same set up!

V

Vaelix

Random Note : RC is completely insane.. In PvM i hardly ever use Myst unless I'm fighting a Low Cold Resistance Monster, However, I use RC 100% Of the time.

It can Easily Tank Medussa, and ups your Damage very nicely..

Example : On a Discoed Navery I do 120 Per Fireball (SDI / Slayer Setup)

So I'm doing 120 x X pretty much.. However you throw in The Rising.. and it Jumps..

RC : 60 Per Hit *Discoed* Along with 7-35 Damage Casts, and *I Believe* 100+ Damage Armor Ignores.

RC is By Far the best summon in the game, and If you are Spell weaving, you can Arcane Emp for Higher Chance to Resist Dispell on those Heavy Magic monsters.

My Temp is..

120 Mage
120 Eval
120 Myst
120 Focus
100 Inscribe
25 Spellweaving (Tree Form)
115 Med

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does Mysticism have a comparable AoE spell to wither? That's a key component of my spawning tactics. I'd have to figure out a new way to get through levels 1 & 2 of a spawn. After that, however, myst sounds superior to a pure necro-mage. I might try this if there is an AoE equivalent to wither.

-OBSIDIAN-

J

[JD]

^it has hail storm, which is better than meteor swarm. but which is different from wither. wither is a PBAOE (Point Blank AOE which goes off in a circle around you), hail storm is a targeted AOE. you can always use the PBAOE in weaving.

if you are human, it only takes JOAT to hold wraith form. therefore, have some rings/talisman/+necro skill items to cast and get into wraith, and then go back to regular equipment.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you target yourself with hailstorm will it hurt you? Or will it create a PBAOE effect around you like wither?

-OBSIDIAN-

L

larsjex

My template-

120 Magery (done)
120 Eval (110 atm, just ate a 120 scroll last night)
120 Med (done)
120 Mysticism (done)
120 Focus (100, 120 with crystalline ring, so done ;))
120 Spellweaving (only at 110.2 atm but working on it lol)
20 points left over, not sure what to use them for lol.
This is on a Gargoyle.

I can do lots of things by myself with this template. I do all renowneds, Medusa solo, Doom solo, group peerless, etc. Makes a good support character too with cleansing winds, gift of renewal, rezzing, ect.

Plus I have 120 Imbuing on a stone from before the big change so I can swap that in for making suits and whatnot.

I have been using this template since SA came out (minus Focus for Imbuing until the change), and I have loved every minute of it :D.
I like the idea of this, lots :)
But, how to play it? I mean, more, what spells are usually cast. Just use RC, and them blast it away with Flamstrikes and Ebolts?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a Defense Mage (no eval)/Mystic/SW that can become a Stealther/Stealer with 5 items carried in pack.

120 Mystic
120 Focus
115 Magery (prob scroll to 120 someday)
0 Eval (mystic offense relies on Focus & Sdi & SW offense on SDI alone)
110 SW
50 Med - Locked (PS115 eaten but get MR from suit and focus as well)
100 Hide
60 Steal (120 w/imbued jewels, Shadow Dancer,Burg Bandana)
30 Stealth (100 w/items above and Robe of Silence +10)

I had Eval 110 originally and minimal necro& 100 ss for Wraith form and unlimited mana. But SA has so many stealables spawning in play areas, that I added the hide/steal/stealth instead - and did not feel like buying another 120 Steal for some other char.

I use the Stealth to get keys or to get to destination, then change into Imbued mage suit for combat. I always try to Buff my RC's before hand with the SW spell but seldom use any other mystic spells than nether cyclone.

Cyclone and RC alone usually ensures an arti drop at Medusa, Stygian or slasher. a Focus 6 WoD is usually gives me that extra edge at the end (other than Slasher).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just made a mystic/bushido/ninja dexer. It's so overpowered offensively it is stupid. If my nerve/DS connects it is a guaranteed kill, and this is against people with 140 HP and either EP with heal pots or a healing stone.

Spell Plague needs to be nerfed.. but even with the proposed changes I feel like it will still do the job.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just made a mystic/bushido/ninja dexer. It's so overpowered offensively it is stupid. If my nerve/DS connects it is a guaranteed kill, and this is against people with 140 HP and either EP with heal pots or a healing stone.

Spell Plague needs to be nerfed.. but even with the proposed changes I feel like it will still do the job.
Mine is just a mystic/bushido dexer. I couldn't figure out a way to put ninjitsu on it and still be effective.

I haven't taken the character out to play yet (still training), but considering encounters I've had with other people with similar templates, it looks promising.

K

KoolAidAddict

Mage
Med
Eval
Focus
Mystic
Necro
SpiritS

Think Im gonna like this!!

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would a discord Myst work?

Like :

Music
Discord
Eval
Med
Myst
Magery
??

A

anvira

Heya Lynk, specifically what template are you running? Tried cramming in the stats....just coldn't get it :p

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

J

[JD]

its a super lynk secret.
however im experimenting on paper and its possible.
requires testing in game to find the most effective combos however.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would a discord Myst work?

Like :

Music
Discord
Eval
Med
Myst
Magery
??
I have a garg discord mystic and I like the template alot. It's 120 music/disco/eval/myst, GM magery/focus bumped to 120 with crystaline ring, and the rest of the points in med. Suit has 40 lmc and around 18-19 MR, so mana isn't a big problem.