• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Mysticism on a Melee Character?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone experience with Mysticism on a melee character? It seems that Mysticism spells are good for both PvP and PvM. I prefer melee characters suitable for both. Would Mysticism be a good alternative to, say, Healing? How is the mana usage of Mysticism (e.g. Spellweaving requires a lot of mana)?

I'd hate to make a LRC suit for my melee character, though.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
myst is well suited for a melee character it needs focus and the healing spell cures heals and can remove curses all in one spell its a little mana intense but not bad combine that with enchant weapon and colossus and you would rock!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is the part that gets me. :-/
there are other options like carry regs, or use items like cloaks and boots etc, also you dont need to have 100 lrc you could use 50 lrc and carry a lot less regs!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This is the part that gets me. :-/
there are other options like carry regs, or use items like cloaks and boots etc, also you dont need to have 100 lrc you could use 50 lrc and carry a lot less regs!
Yeah, can't bring myself to use regs/arcane charges. I might be willing to build an archer/mystic, though - a lrc archer suit would be less demanding.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yeah, can't bring myself to use regs/arcane charges. I might be willing to build an archer/mystic, though - a lrc archer suit would be less demanding.
actuallythis is on my list to do! to try my abc archer with myst!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
actuallythis is on my list to do! to try my abc archer with myst!
I really love my ABC archer/weaver. Considering dropping weaving/med and adding mystic/focus, but its going to be a while before I have enough gold to suit him.

Sounds like fun, though. :thumbup1:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, thanks!
Most spellcasting skills have a couple of pretty useless spells in the list. What do you consider to be the most useless spells of Mysticism?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Interesting, thanks!
Most spellcasting skills have a couple of pretty useless spells in the list. What do you consider to be the most useless spells of Mysticism?
for a mage type i would have to say animate weapon as it relies on tactics focus anat and myst but on a fighter it could be great
fighter type probably stone form! as it slows weapon speed

before the last changes myst was not that great for fighters now it looks to be great!

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been killing navery with my Archer/pally/Mystic and I like it a lot!

W

Walkerboh77

for fighter type I would say spell plague as it relies on eval int
eval int has nothing to do with myst spells any more

ps. i have a mystic fencer getting geared up atm...i will let you know how it works out

the biggest weaknesses with mysticism in PvP is...

-many of the spells are AE...which means they will not hit a player that didn't flag you first...unless that player is red

-spell trigger has an excessively long timer

-spell plague not only is AE so is limited by the above things...but will be removed 90%+ of the time after one hit...unlike blood oath....it also has a short timer....and can't be reapplied to a target for some time.....and slow cast time....there are far too many draw backs for the spell...

-sleep spells(single target and AE)....these will never land if your enemy has resist spells....at all....ever....if they have resist spells your only chance is to evil omen them first

-bombard NEVER stuns....ever...is useless compared to the much faster and almost as strong eagle strike

-cleansing wind...is far too slow to be used as a reliable heal in pvp...and w/o formal testing...removes curses only around 50-70% of the time if you can manage to get the spell off....

-enchant weapon...this spell should have no time limit and instead last until the weapon is unarmed...or at the very least be able to recast it allowing it to overwrite the previous enchantment...

-animated weapon is useless in pvp or pve

good things about myst:

-healing stone is fantastic despite the 5 second or so timer between uses

-hail storm is great against reds

-spell plague is great....against reds

-nether bolt is nice for interrupting

-eagle strike is a good medium damage interrupter

-purge magic is in a word....awesome...fast to cast and can rip any buff (including buff pots) off your enemy...this is fun to watch the scripters quickly run themselves out of stam/str potions...which becomes an expensive endeavor for them and severely hinders many templates

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
"eval int has nothing to do with myst spells any more"
Well then the description needs changed if you look it still says eval int!
but either way your right it should be focus! not eval!

J

[JD]

I did testing on TC1 about a week ago and the 3 myst nukes corresponded damage-wise to their magery equivalent. ie nether bolt=magic arrow, fireball=eagle strike, and the boulder one=ebolt/explode - damagewise