• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mysticism in PvP

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried this much? I was considering going with a template such as:

Mage
Eval
Resist
Med
Myst
Parry

Running a mage weap. I'm tired of the same old necro mage and was wondering how effective myst is in PvP.

J

[JD]

I'm curious also. I'd like to know before skilling it up too far...

Sleep: Does it work in PVP and can they counter with trapped boxes/poison pot? How long does the highest levels last for?

Rising Colossus: How tough is the toughest one at 120 Myst/Imbue/EI?

Area of Effect spells: How good are it's area of effect spells - while spawning could they replace EV's?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Mysticism is very powerful in PvP.

Sleep can be boxed out of.

Rising Colossus has 120 across the board in skills with 120 Mysticism/Imbing/Eval. You can Lore one on Test Center to see the stats and resists.

Its area of effect spells are the same damage as other spells of that circle only Hail Storm doesn't split damage between targets. It wouldn't make sense to replace EV's with area spells when you can do both.

The most powerful thing about Mysticism is Spell Plauge, which stacks with Blood Oath & RPD.

J

[JD]

Hey all,

I took GOD up on his suggestion (now I'm hearing voices from Lord God! AHH!) and made a TC newbilie.

120 Myst, Imbuing, Eval Int, Animal Lore.

The lored, maxxed Rising colossus had: 470 HP, 65% physical, 120 in all skills (Wrestle, Tactics, Anatomy, Resist, I think).

I was short on time so didn't get a chance to test it in battle against anything to see how "Tough" it is, or see how much durations of spells and damage done is vs 0 and 120 resist.

I wanna say it's kinda funny though, you can use the artifacts entitlement command to obtain all artifacts (major, minor, tokono, etc) and there are NO SA/Gargoyle usable artifacts, armor, or items. No Gargoyle armor, no gargoyle LRC suit, no pendant of the magi craftable, not even Gargoyle newbie armor. So even Mythic thinks Gargoyles suck so bad they paid them no attention on TC. :p

I'm jazzed up to try out this mage/myst/imbuer though, seems it might be a good addition to any team. I plan on using it at spawns to help clear, and to defend.

I added hiding/stealth for giggles.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

It also casts Mysticism spells.

The damage it does isn't affected by Resisting Spells, Resisting Spells only affects the 'Curse' aspect of some spells. Such as the chance that Bombard will Parra or the amount of Mana/Stamina loss caused by Nether Cyclone.

You can craft Pendant Of The Magi, everything for it is in your bank when you say 'give resources', you have to eat the recipe for it. The TC's bank hasn't changed since beta, the top (3rd) Imbuing ingredients for pretty much everything were changed a day or two before it was released so there's no bank command for those. The gargoyle artifacts were also largely unknown at that point.

Some other TC info:
give arties (most artifacts)
give resources (runics and materials)
give air (pet dye)
give plants (plant spawners for staining)
give seeds (plant seeds also gives plant spawners)
give crystals (spawners for things like serpent venom and crystal granules)
give armor (armor sets)

set skill 0-1000-1200
set str/dex/int 10-125
set tithingpoints 0-100,000

G

Grinning_Dingo

Was just wondering how you would fit in some defensive skill like wrestle or parry now that Myst requires either imbuing or focus to strengthen some spells. 4 mage skills + Focus, Myst, Wrestle? 100 in each? Or is it better just to take 6 skills up, and worry about DCI mods for your defense?

N

NickyDishes

everyone keeps putting eval into the equasion.....eval has no effect on mysticism anymore......it was replaced with focus...if u r using imbuing in your mysticism pvp template your wasting skill points imo.....imbuing only affects certain spells and summons that dont really help with pvp...and if they do it's minimal.

120 magery
120 eval
120 med
120 mysticism
120 focus
120 resist

would be the temp i run with a mage weapon and the crazy amount of mana regen is rediculous. I tried dropping med for wrestle but focus alone is not enough mana regen for my likes.