• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic Tree Fruit Farms!

G

These are getting out of hand, I know years ago there was 1-2 of them.. Now there are 5 or more with 50 trees!

They are afk all day just to grow their fruit..

The econemy will be unbalanced soon. I calculated some owners are making 40-50k alone of fruit. They must have millions, what are they doing with them?

T

TKSpeedy1

I don't know what game you've been playing, but for a while now, there have been more than just 1 or 2 fruit farms. It's nothing new.

I

imported_Zack Coolie

These fruit farms are doing the same exact thing regular stores are doing, camping with afk sims. I give fruit farms more respect then regular stores, not everyone has that kind of supply to open up a fruit farm, thats just how they decided to make their money while others decide to pizza... nothing wrong with fruit farms. The only problem is AFKing in stores. It is getting out of hand, When you start seeing pictures of 17+ sims become un-hidden because of the "seek feature" you know there is a problem.

G

I have been playing tso bud

if you would look at ALL stores, you will find them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

These fruit farms are doing the same exact thing regular stores are doing, camping with afk sims. I give fruit farms more respect then regular stores, not everyone has that kind of supply to open up a fruit farm, thats just how they decided to make their money while others decide to pizza... nothing wrong with fruit farms. The only problem is AFKing in stores. It is getting out of hand, When you start seeing pictures of 17+ sims become un-hidden because of the "seek feature" you know there is a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give all cheaters the same amount of respect: zero...tree farmers are no exception to that IMO if they are extended afk'ing to get there. I hope that trees when amnesty comes around will be non-tradeable and non-salable, and I hope EA will look at the potential economic imbalance that is being caused by fruit farming and make it so that nobody but the owner of a tree can eat the fruit off it. If anybody else wants to get fun from viewing it.....that's fine, nobody charges for that, but for these tree farmers to charge 1k per fruit and cheat to get those trees to ripen? Yep, you're right, something needs to be done about it......quick

G

GRINCH II

I dont see a problem with mystic tree farms. For one thing, if you dont like them just dont go there. I dont use them and that is my solution for it. But i sure hope trees are tradeable when amnesty happens that way when i get mine, I can trade them with my other sims.

Your probably just mad about them and dont want them tradeable because you probably sold yours or traded your trees away and wished you didnt. Who's fault is that?

ty
GRINCH

G

To me, the solution seems quite simple. Boycott!!
I simply will not shop at afk stores, of any type! If I am not greeted after I say hello then I walk directly to the phone booth.

I

imported_Danny Dots

Tree farms gross me out.

I see why people have them and I know it's not against the rules, but I feel like it should be.

It's taking something that was suppose to be a gift, something with true meaning, and then they exploit it to make money off of it.

It makes me sad

But hey, people can do what they please.

G

I don't really see anything particulerly wrong with tree farming but I don't use fruit for skills because you never know what point you're going to get. I'd rather just skill.

I agree that if you don't like them, the best thing to do is to boycott. I don't know many sims who can afford to spend a bunch of money at a tree farm these days.

G

I never said I didn't like them folks. I said they are making our econemy unstable, which right now is a main priority.

And to the person that said I'm jeloaus because I sold my trees? That has NOTHING to do with it, I do own a few trees myself.

But people are buying them, since everyday they sell out.

I

imported_remflyer

I don't see a problem with tree farms. They are providing a service that many avatars obviously want. I wish EA would have tree farms too. I think it would be a good money drain for our economy and they could force lower prices on fruit. As it is with the amnesty there will be a lot more trees around and you might see the prices on fruit come down. The prices I've seen in EA have ranged from 200 to 400 a fruit. Not everyone is talented enough to make cc. This is just another way to earn money without that darn cap they want to force on the players. If you don't like tree farms don't go there.

As far as afk stores go, they and perhaps all properties in the future will have the ability to keep their lots open without being there. Dev Greg told us they are developing a program called door stop that will allow us to do that. If you have ever played other online games you will see unattended stores and other types of self serve properties.

G

GRINCH II

sorry johney, i wasnt refering to you, i was refering to the sim who was saying trees should not be traded or sold.

A

ama1997

I think the people that are mad about the fruit farms and just mad because, they have to work harder for their money. I dont think there is anything wrong with the fruit farms. I dont like the way they are ran afk. But we will always have afk players in this game. Unless they take out the hide. If a person has 100 trees and wants to sell the fruit then fine. Sell it and for what they want to sell it for. But be there at the store and not afk.

Y

YadaSc

OK.. some *avatars*work their butts off to buy fruit. Who is it hurting ? The economy is like way low now. If someone don't start buying something to help it.. well everything is going to stay high priced. not just the Fruit. Farmers do have to keep their avatars on the lots for days to grow the fruit. And ya..they prob don't have much to say. B/c peeps that go there aren't there to be social, they just want their fix. 99 % of them wont talk. lol It is a very boring life for a fruit farmer.. lonely too.. I am not one but I have spent hours on end with a friend that was a farmer to keep him company.. I am not a fruit loop.. haha. Sooo don't point them boney avatar fingers at me.. lol other words I don't eat fruit.

The way I see is.. work butt off, buy fruit sooo can get higher skills to make good money.. buy stuff from stores. make the prices go down, SOOOO us poor peeps can afford something too.. lol

OOOOooooo Skillers shouldn't go afk either.. That is CHEATING ! right ? ummmm .. but yea at a store they should be there to help ya out.. you only have to stop by a fruit store, see if the fruit is ready or not. eat or leave.. nothen else to do. But at a store is different.. isn't a farm.

M

mpn

Where can you buy the fruit, and for how much? Is there a place where I could buy the tree itself?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The econemy will be unbalanced soon. I calculated some owners are making 40-50k alone of fruit. They must have millions, what are they doing with them?

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not seeing the problem here. For starters, money's a bit hard to come by right now. People can't spend on fruit what they don't have. Secondly, they're not going to unbalance the economy, since they're not generating simoleans. At worst, they get rich off of the sales, and they go and spend the money elsewhere (or drain it, making more available to the pool).

At any rate, they represent no more a threat to the economy than stores that sell custom objects.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not seeing the problem here. For starters, money's a bit hard to come by right now. People can't spend on fruit what they don't have. Secondly, they're not going to unbalance the economy, since they're not generating simoleans. At worst, they get rich off of the sales, and they go and spend the money elsewhere (or drain it, making more available to the pool).

At any rate, they represent no more a threat to the economy than stores that sell custom objects.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I don't seem them as a threat at all.

I just don't approve of them.

If anything they drain money from other avs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Farmers do have to keep their avatars on the lots for days to grow the fruit. And ya..they prob don't have much to say. B/c peeps that go there aren't there to be social, they just want their fix. 99 % of them wont talk. lol It is a very boring life for a fruit farmer.. lonely too..

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry, hon, but nobody here is naive enough to believe that any of these tree farmers is actually sitting at his or her computer watching fruit grow.

I completely disagree that tree farms are a threat to the economy - they only become so if people buy simoleans from anywhere but the ATMs. However, I do agree that the methods employed to override timeout need to be removed, or remove the timeout.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Neither do I; but as long as the act of owning a gazillion trees and selling their fruit isn't against the Terms of Service, I simply express my disapproval by not visiting tree farms.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Neither do I; but as long as the act of owning a gazillion trees and selling their fruit isn't against the Terms of Service, I simply express my disapproval by not visiting tree farms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

I don't think they are a threat at all...
Said and done

T

TKSpeedy1

Not all stores...mine doesn't have any. I wish I did. Maybe then I'd get some business at my store...other than newbies who come to me on their very first day with no money and who don't even speak english.

G

Maybe there can be some twister that uproots the farms and scatters them to opposite ends of EAL?

I don't see a problem with tree farming. TSO didn't give instructions on not to sell or trade trees. These farmers have been making money since they were first given out. In actuality I would applaud them for having the business mentality to do so. Yes sometimes I get jealous because for the most part they dont have a problem maxing their skills and profiting that way by doing money objects but that is the way of life EAL.

If you don't like it boycott but just remember you can't do anything about it!!

G

lol. Very true but as I believe Danny said they aren't breaking any rules.

What would your sugestions be for the devs? If anything they can be limited to how many trees they have but that just means creating more sims to own those trees.

What would you do to take care of the tree farms?

T

TKSpeedy1

Personally, I love the fruit farms. Especially now that the prices are more reasonable. It saves me a lot of skilling time.

G

I type this as my sim (or what ever she is) apple sits while I wait for work.

I have no problems with apple farms (we have a store with a very small fruit farm).

I think we must remember the owners and roomies of the 50 to 100 apple tree farm will be the people really making money out of this game with we can sell $ back for real money. It is what they are waiting for.

I think it would be nice if there was a limit to the number of trees per lot.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

A good economy will have money created and drained out of it. Buying fruit is a player to player transaction and really has no affect on the economy at all. Even if the fruit growers were selling their excesses for real cash...that is still a player to player transaction. Money gets moved from hand to hand but none is being created or drained out of the economy.

I would never pay for a random skill point. Nor do I skill above my skill locks. I find the whole fruit business a wash.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A good economy will have money created and drained out of it. Buying fruit is a player to player transaction and really has no affect on the economy at all. Even if the fruit growers were selling their excesses for real cash...that is still a player to player transaction. Money gets moved from hand to hand but none is being created or drained out of the economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then why doesn't EAL have tree farms? As you said ths would affect the econmy? If they EAL are so concerned about the cash-out feature this would be another way to get a handle on it.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So then why doesn't EAL have tree farms? As you said ths would affect the econmy? If they EAL are so concerned about the cash-out feature this would be another way to get a handle on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that has been suggested. Who knows? Maybe they do have them. lol.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I dont see a problem with mystic tree farms. For one thing, if you dont like them just dont go there. I dont use them and that is my solution for it. But i sure hope trees are tradeable when amnesty happens that way when i get mine, I can trade them with my other sims.

Your probably just mad about them and dont want them tradeable because you probably sold yours or traded your trees away and wished you didnt. Who's fault is that?

ty
GRINCH

[/ QUOTE ]

Trees have never been tradeable. The only way to get one is to buy is at a store. My husband and I have 15 trees total due to our 5 accounts and we do have 10 of the trees at our store and sell the fruit cheap. We of course are not going to get rich off of this but I don't see anything wrong with it if rules are followed, but I think the lots that sell only fruit make it bad because they stay AFK at least 90% of the time and I doubt that they are walking buy clicking every 15-20 minutes. Alot of the people who use to buy our fruit in BF were crafters. That's why I keep 4 of my trees at our crafting house. I really wish that something could be done about the stores who stay AFK along with their 20+ guests 23 hours a day.

G

GRINCH II

When the mystic trees first came out they were tradeable. Trust me i know i have traded and sold trees that way.

ty
GRINCH

G

I guess them earning a lot of money by sitting afk is not a problem for the economy in itself. There might be a problem though, if they sell that cash on Ebay or something like that.

If they have that many trees I would guess they are pretty well aquainted with Ebay already. So it's probably not a big leap.

However, I do think they should take that whole "disabling the timeout" out of the game. Make it impossible to circumvent the timeout.
Be a little creative, find some other use for that enter button if pressed &gt; 5 times in a row...
"Oh, you just pressed Enter 5 times in a row. Do you want to shut down EA Land? [Yes please]"

This problem will grow when Amnesty hits.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

When the mystic trees first came out they were tradeable. Trust me i know i have traded and sold trees that way.

ty
GRINCH

[/ QUOTE ]

your right because some people werent sure about trading in the box because alot of cannons were being sold in the box around the same time but I remember that one was 50% wear (I think it was the cannons)and the other wasn't. I just forget which was which. Anyway if i'm wrong on this you can let me know here in the forum instead of sending a rude note to my inbox!

S

Sideliner

UGH, I think it's laughable when people judge other players and start name calling.

Why is it players that make CC are the only one that are allowed to make a decent profit in this game? And I have you know that they are some of the very same store owners that have their stores open AFK too.

What about people that don't AFK at their tree farms? I've taken to doing a bit of teaching on my lot to ripen my trees. I'm more that sure you'd probably find a good excuse to call me a cheater.

I got every single one of my trees through accounts I started and I paid for. Even if I didn't, tt's my business who I give them to or if I choose to sell them to.

I always figured the TSO was about people using their imagination to create businesses and places that other players would want to visit.

No wonder good and decent people are leaving this forum. I've been reading this site for years and laughing at all the people that think they know it all.

Let's get real a few minutes. The reason why tree farms bother some of you has nothing to do with economy or AFKr's. It's probably a lot more like jealousy.

Look, if you don't want to buy and eat fruit....DON"T! No one is forcing anyone to buy or eat our fruit.

G

I personally don't see what the problem is with Tree Farmers. They paid a lot of money (RL and SL) and did a lot of negotiating to acquire all those trees. They saw the money making opputunity there and they thought ahead and it's paying off for them now.
Also the fact that there are several tree farms, I've seen at least 7 or 8, means it's not just one person cleaning up on it. They may be making lots of money, but I wonder if they're actually showing overall profit yet? At least with there being more than one Tree Farm it keeps the prices per fruit competitive.

As for the AFKing - well like others have said, they are simply doing the same thing others stores and businesses do to get noticed. The problem in the game is that there is no way to get your lot noticed if you're not on the top 100 list.
I've recommended in the past that only visitors who make purchases should count towards the rankings or just get rid of the ranks all together and just list the stores that are open or something.

And for the record, my other sim has his own Mystic Tree and he gives the fruit away for free...

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

UGH, I think it's laughable when people judge other players and start name calling.

Why is it players that make CC are the only one that are allowed to make a decent profit in this game? And I have you know that they are some of the very same store owners that have their stores open AFK too.

What about people that don't AFK at their tree farms? I've taken to doing a bit of teaching on my lot to ripen my trees. I'm more that sure you'd probably find a good excuse to call me a cheater.

I got every single one of my trees through accounts I started and I paid for. Even if I didn't, tt's my business who I give them to or if I choose to sell them to.

I always figured the TSO was about people using their imagination to create businesses and places that other players would want to visit.

No wonder good and decent people are leaving this forum. I've been reading this site for years and laughing at all the people that think they know it all.

Let's get real a few minutes. The reason why tree farms bother some of you has nothing to do with economy or AFKr's. It's probably a lot more like jealousy.

Look, if you don't want to buy and eat fruit....DON"T! No one is forcing anyone to buy or eat our fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on!!!!!!

S

Suzi Q

Has it occurred to anyone that owning a shop or a tree farm is boring! Waiting and hoping somebody might drop by for a chat and hopefully to make a purchase only to be disappointed when the odd sim drops in and they do not talk, they have no money and have only come because they're a 'free account' and can't go anywhere else! Yes, when my shop is open I'm generally afk there, the reason being I use my main account to open my skill house at the same time so I can entertain, feed, serenade, skill and all the usual things whilst my AFK shop is open. Do not presume that because a shop has a hiding AFK sim there that the human behind the sim isn't playing elsewhere at the same time. The one thing that is sad are shops that choose to have more than one AFK sim in them to keep the shop open just so they can get in the top 100. Although, fair play to them, I guess they're doing it so they actually do get buying customers!

A

arkbabe

I agree!! I have a store also which my sim is usually afk there because on my other account i am usually out skilling or working doing something besides sitting there waiting. I dont have tons of sims sitting at my store just the one so the store doesn't always show up, but im usually there afk. And if I didn't have another account omg I couldn't imagine just sitting there all day not talking to anyone, cept when maybe once an hour someone might drop in and wanta make a few seconds of small talk and then there gone again. Anyways I don't see anything wrong with a store being afk or a tree farm its all the same. If you havn't sit at a store all day then maybe you should try it before complaining about afk sims there. I do however think all stores that are open should show up, if you have tons of sims there or not they should still show up! lol kudos to the tree farmers i say! They were smart enough to know what people want and there will always be a sim out there to buy fruit. (not me) but there will be one! lol

G

The things that people get upset over, honestly...

So the fruit farms are bad, because they override the time out feature? So you're intentionally not going to go there because of that?

Okay, so that leaves the skill houses that run tons of sims to bolster their visitor hours, and teaching which is disproportionately more expensive than fruit, and takes much longer.

Love the alternatives.

W

Whitilicious 07'

I have a store and i AFK at late night early morning but ... my son who works nights is on here and keeps the game going . Then when he gets off the pc it times out . So if my AFK BRB sign is out , you know he's playing poker hmmm maybe some night someone should say hey kid get off the poker game and help me LOL . That would freak him out hahahahahah.

G

The thread isn't about afk stores.

But if you want to:
If people wanna sit afk in their store then do so.
I choose not to, since I like to interact with people and "play" in the store. I wanna have fun in the store with my friends, or with the visitors. I'm often doing other things too at the same time (like making money on another sim) but I have the store in the foreground so I can help the customers.
For me, the customers come first.

I just love the store category

I've always been the store type.
I don't want it to be a boring place.
It's fun when customers come over and need a certain item, you calculate what the price would be (yep I have an Excel sheet
) and negotiate it so it benefits us both.

Often I'm also doing other things at the same time such as watching tv, baking (yeah quite a bit of dough on my keyboard sometimes when an unexpected customer turns up and I say hello
), making new cc items and so on.
So I don't get bored with it.

About the tree farmers, I agree that it's a good idea to sell fruit, and they aren't hurting the economy by doing it. So that's fine, as long as they don't break the Terms of Service by circumventing timeout or selling the cash.

I think it would be a very good idea to have that popup "Do you want to exit the game?" if enter has been pressed a certain number of times.
I've noticed there is a similar function in Windows, if you press Shift a few times in a row, it asks you if you want to activate... something something.

Why not implement it?

But maybe they are aware of the fact that so many people use it, that they wouldn't dare take that function away even though it is against their own Terms of Service to use it. Everyone would have to change the way they play.

Y

YadaSc

Sorry, hon, but nobody here is naive enough to believe that any of these tree farmers is actually sitting at his or her computer watching fruit grow.

ya.well maybe these don't and most don't.. but .. lol I have sat there for months helping my friend watch his grow.. lmao..

I used to be Desi from Blazing Falls.
SO I believe somebody somewhere has seem my little blonde head sitting there.. hiding under a chair..

Really tho.. I would say hello and they would be on their way to another farm to try to beat someone else there for the fruit.. lol fruit loops. I tell ya !.. lmao

And eventho I was hiding.. b/c he was too cheap to build a house.. lol with food and stuff. .lol.. I was looking at all of you that entered : D Wanted to use the Cannon on most .. because they wouldn't say hi back.. Gawds I don't miss those days at all...

That was one out of them all that was really there..
but it is boring if nobody speaks to you or stays more than min to check the fruit.. they are on a mission

G

its not the farms i have trouble with its people advertising they got trees to sell then no reply for days and days and well never really if they are not gonna sell em why advertise they are

C

Camile

My gf and I own a small store, we combined our Maxis anniversary trees and in addition to selling mostly maxis stuff, we also sell the fruit. A far cry from stores with 50-100 trees. The fruit we sell is only part of the store.

We babysit the trees, we go to work, we come back, we green, we babysit the trees, maybe have a customer or two....Oh, I forgot, when we are all green we hide (shudder) then we go back to work again. OMG are we exhibiting bot like behavior? NO, just Sims trying to eek out a living.

G

I found a seller selling his fruit for $200/piece. I thought that was reasonable so I bought a few.

Once thing EA Land could do to help detour all these cash flow work arounds is to re-instate the lot owners and roomie visitor bonuses. Lot owners SHOULD make money from traffic, IMO.

Forget about the cash-out feature. It's messing alot of things up. No casinos, No bonuses, crazy prices..

S

SammiiBeta

I cant blame people for using their trees for making money. With the way the game is going as far as "Economy" it seems to me if you want to have anything in the game your going to have to do what you can.

I have several trees but I dont sell the fruit because I dont like to skill, so I use them on my own sims. But I could see the need for people to use whatever means is available to them to make a few Simolean/Ea Bucks/woombles/peanuts.

and if people have the peanuts to spend on it then let them.

G

Because the skill is random I see only those with alot of locks using them with a benefit. The newbies would quickly find out the fruit isn't always gonna be for the skill they want, wasting their EABucks. I would like to see the owner of the tree get the only benefit of picking the fruit of the tree. Why? Because I am tired of having to block them. I would like my tree to be set free from the prison in this virtual world he he. But I think alot of folks enjoy the fun it gives.

A

AmethystMoon

"I would like my tree to be set free from the prison in this virtual world "

lol !!

S

Sideliner

Last time I checked, it's not against the ToS to sell your ingame monies or objects in real world transactions.