• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic Cu Sidhe

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and it also doesn't seem to like listening when I all stop and all kill a new target. It's pretty annoying. Wish they would fix it.
Yes I get this and it's very annoying. I hope they are looking into it.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My first Cu only has Life Steal, it's natural Bleed and Heal and it does the most constant damage out of all my doggies (They're all scrolled up the same). It can sustain high damage forever, whereas my AI and other special dogs run out of mana at some point.
That's interesting. Do you have any explanation on how is it your AI Cu has inferior damage to non-AI one?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sitting there disco/poisoning your pet reeks of macroing.
Of course you did it by hand, being an upstanding citizen, amirite. But others might not have the superhuman, zen-like patience to do 500.000 clicks over 50 hours.

I too think that Cu healing gain needs to be a bit easier to raise by normal playing. Then I don't have to do unspeakable deeds to max my pet. Like my big sister's boss's brother's neighbor's uncle, who "plays" (macro program) instead of UO while watching netflix. Carpal tunnel is so 1998.
I love threads like this, mainly so I can read how creative players get with their "i did it like this and that", it's good for a laugh. Shut up already , we all know "how you did it".

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@railshot
I use Sphynx as test mob and time fights. Besides Consume Damage, there are no other buffs on the pet. All my Cus have 700 Str, 150 Dex and maxed regen (hp, stam, mp).
During the first 3-4 fights, the AI Cu comes out ahead but loses that advantage over the next fights. With almost instant Sphynx respawn, there's not much time out of combat, so I guess it's a combination of AI costing tons of mana and bandages having priority over AI. When I run tests with Discordance on my Tamer, the AI Cu stays ahead.

I have a Disco Cu now and that one really lays down the law. It's not yet barding difficulty 160 mob ready, but Sphynx works from time to time.
Disco costs next to no mana and doesn't reset the swing timer. I switched to the two Peace masteries with this pet and will likely switch out music/X for archery/tactics, one the pet is at 120 Disco.

apogipinoy

Visitor
There is a basic template on this link that has points to spare.

Put all the scrolls you want on first. I would go with 800HP 600Mana. Toss in some stamina regen in case they change something. You cant put parry scroll on until wrestling is 100.

Put the magic skill on LAST! Put an area effect on first if you want one. Armor ignore will not fail you.

Generic Starter Template For Cu like pets.
Is it the end of the world if I only put Mysticism and AI on my cu? I've heard that sometimes it's better to keep it simple. I have an AI/Chiv Cu and it does fine. I'm working on a AI/Mystic Cu now. I saw you post somewhere, an AI/CB/Mystic build...sadly, I forgot about doing magic last so I'm committed to an AI/Mystic build.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it the end of the world if I only put Mysticism and AI on my cu? I've heard that sometimes it's better to keep it simple. I have an AI/Chiv Cu and it does fine. I'm working on a AI/Mystic Cu now. I saw you post somewhere, an AI/CB/Mystic build...sadly, I forgot about doing magic last so I'm committed to an AI/Mystic build.
Nothing wrong with that. The AI will do its damage. Mystic will do its spells. If you think it does fine then it does.
The pet this thread was about just has AI/Mystic.

My post you replied to was about order of putting things on. I gave all options.

Dang this is an old thread.

Last edited: