• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysterious Dispearing Server? What the Hell?

M

Mr.Fernandes

So, here's a fun bug (at least I hope so).

I decided, recently, to download the new KR 14 day trial (I LOVE this new interface) and see what was kicking in my oldest and favoritist of games after 5 or 6 years. I created a character here on Atlantic, my old server, and all was well with the world.

Except just now I tried to log in, and Atlantic does not appear on my server list. Its just not there.

Has anyone heard of this happening?

More to the point: how can I fix it?

S

Saris

give it 15 min its just down for server maint happens every night.

M

Mr.Fernandes

give it 15 min its just down for server maint happens every night.
... *Fails at Life*

I think I am too used to games that make these sorts of things obvious - like, for example, by TELLING you. Ahh well. *le grin* I did come here for a blast from the past, after-all!

I am curious though: why are none of the other servers in maintenance? Wouldn't they be scheduled at the same time?

On an unrelated note: a great big hello to the whole server! Reading around various threads and guild websites its awesome how things have progressed. Seriously makes me want to start paying for the game again! I don't suppose there are any guilds out there interested in an ardent scholar of Things Man Was Not Meant to Know (tm) who's looking for some people to have some fun for a week or two? I assume the old universities are long dead, by now, of course, but there have to be some schoalrly types kicking around.

R

Ravahan

They are taken down at different hours. I think its done to be most convenient to the primary time zone that the server... uh... serves.

Welcome to the server! I just came back not so long ago myself from a couple-year absence, and I have to say I'm enjoying everything. Going to be back for a good bit, I expect.