• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My wishlist for UO for 2018 or later

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are things I would like to be implemented or changed. I also divided it in 3 parts.
1. Hopefully easy to fulfill
2. Doable, but will take some time
3. Hard to fulfill and/or probably not being implemented/changed

- Stop Rising Colossus and Nether Cyclone fizzle with 120 Mysticism
- Let us be able to buy 500 of items like reagents or blank scrolls with an instant restock instead of 20 and waiting them to restock with the double amount. There are already items that work that way and i dont see a reason why we should wait a long time to buy a bigger amount.
- Timers on keys for Bosses turned off
- Turn for keys, so you can turn in 2 of the ones you have too much and get the one you need.
- Alphabetical sort in books (Powerscroll, Transcendence, Alacrity, Bod)
- Different colors for Enemy of One and VvV enemies. (atm both are orange)
- Longer duration of boat paints
- Cast time of Blade Spirit (takes alot more than other level 5 spells)
- Revert the ressoruces (Wood/Iron) to be in static locations instead of random ones.
- I would like to have a hitching post at Shadowguard, cause I like to change pets alot there.
- Let a character only use a royal forged pardon once or completely remove it.
- Let every participant at the Dragon Turtle spawn get an egg. (Its the only way to get one and this would make it a little easier to see better Dragon Turtle Hatchlings in game if anone would use it then.
- Give the Dragon Turtle more items to loot.
- Give the Ankh pendant also a 24 hour duration instead of 1 hour.
- Give masteries like Warcry a little smaller cooldown.
- Sugar Canes should produce seeds or there should be another way to get them because you need alot of sugar for Bods.
- Fey Slayer Cameo Drop at Shadowguard
- Disable being able to get a lesser, greater, major, legendary loot arty instead of a Doom arty.
- If a quest giver can give you more than one quest, let us be able to choose.

- Lets us move rune positions in a runebook or at least runic atlas.
- More stackables
- Virtue overhaul maybe with extra bonus to have all virtue on knight level. (barely anyone uses Humility virtue cause its hard to get up. Most people kill their own red chars for Justice cause you can hardly find any red.)
- Shadowguard drops for gargoyles. At least those which cant be altered.
- Let us be able to craft more than one item of consumables (Potions, Enchanted Apples, stuff for cannon firing etc.)
- Loot overhaul for alot of bosses (Harrower, Carybdis, Peerless, Champ Bosses)
- MiB loot overhaul
- Dont let champ monsters spawn in unreachable areas (Destard, Ice East in the central mountains)
- Dont let flying champ monsters spawn on water
- Dont let the Ararat crabs attack other players
- Make crab fishing a little easier
- Make fishing baits way more effective
- Make it easier to get good dexxer loot. Atm its quite easy to get good loot for mage chracters, but way harder for dexxer characters.
- Vesper Zoo overhaul
- VvV overhaul
- Idoc system over haul
- Let you only get charged for an item in a vendor once when sold
- Lets be able to craft/reforge items with more than 5/6 mods. Maybe only for armor parts, because weapons might get too powerful.
- Remove the jumping back of the Dark Father. Fighting more than 1 Dark Father at group events always end in a chaos and frustration for alot of people the way it is.
- Disable the yellow state of the Flesh Renderer where it cant be attacked. Its just a waste of time.
- Give us more Tinker/Carpenter/Insciption large Bods or shorten the list of small Bods not used for large ones. Because there are so many different small Bods its quite hard the get ones for the large Bods.
- More Smith small Bods in comparison to large ones
- More Tailor large Bods in comparison to small ones
- I would like to see more different colored pets
- A way to see what recipes you dont have yet instead of checking each item
- Bug fixes
- Super Slayer Talisman that work for mages
- Tinker runic tools to be able to do Tinker reforging
- A way to see alliance members that are actually online
- Mondains Legacy craftables overhaul. Most of these are useless nowadays
- Bod books usable in your bagpack and in a container in your house or bank
- Give us a way to see when a pets power hour is or just reset it with server down
- A book for repair deeds
- Let us be able to imbue spellbooks
- Some recipes to convert minor artifacts in better ones like the doom recipes and/or more of those doom recipes

- An upgrade or alternative for the UO Assist to make classic client more comparable to the enhanced client
- A way to take care of cheater
- Some kind of wagon, where you can take someone for a ride (good if people dont know the way to a place :))
- Pet powerscrolls to revitalize Felucca
- Rewardable PvP (some kind of hourly or constantly arena fights, where you sign in and get a random enemy. Then you get points for losing but more for winning. And these points you can turn in for useful things.) (Just some kind of idea for rewardable pvp)
- Old ToT event with the old ToT dyes
- Something to get back your training points for your pet so you can revert a mistake you made.
- Some kind of house search to find items
- Luck overhaul, because too many mysteries about it are around so we need a clean new start for it ;-)

I probably missed a lot of points, but at least some I wrote down here :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As for your BOD suggestions:

Currently, there are EXACTLY the same percentages for smith larges as Tailor larges. We tested them thoroughly.

They are 8% of all BOD pulls. The issue lies in that there are only (factoring in quality and quantity) 798 Tailor smalls possible, compared to 1446 Smith Smalls possible (and 594 of those have no large).

The real smith issues are that
50% of smith are exceptional, and 50% are normal (which is fine, but there needs to be a way to upgrade from normal to exceptional other than the 10% chance from bribing, as the 80% chance of bumping up color effectively ruins the BOD if you don't want to bribe everything to 20 Exceptional Valorite).
50% of smith BODs are weapons, which can only be iron.
11/24 of the remaining 50% have NO large.
The suggestions for smith should be
  1. that a large Helm BOD and a large Shield BOD be added, even if they do not include all of the 10 of those types.
  2. that the check for the type of small be moved to AFTER the iron/color decision, so that Weapons only occur on the iron checks (The way it is now, under 110 skill the split is 50% weapon, 25% iron armor, 25% colored armor(75% iron) - compared to 50%/15%/35% (65% iron) at 110-119.9, and 50%/5%/45% (55% iron) - compared to the dev's stated intent at the time of the introduction of the 110 and 120 bonuses being 30% iron (weapons and armor combined) at 110 and 10% iron at 120)

Only 33% of Tailor BODs are exceptional
But, ALL tailor smalls fit a large (and the footwear smalls can fit 3 larges - 2 cloth suits, plus the footwear larges)
However, Exceptional BODs are only +100 points, compared to all of the other skills being +200, when possible.
Most of the points are in the LBODs, and 18 LBODS are all capped at 700 points, when most of them should be 710-800 points in the current system. A 20 Ex Spined 6-part large is worth the same points as a Barbed large of the same count and quality.

The suggestions for tailor should be to
  1. change the exceptional/normal to 50%/50% like ALL other BODs that can be exceptional,
  2. and a total revamp of the tailor BOD point system to reflect the other skills, with 200 points for exceptional, and perhaps some additional rewards between 700-1000 points (as this change would move a Barbed to 800 points)

I agree with the part about there being too many BODs for the other skills, especially ones with no larges.

1. The ludicrous BODs need to go. That's stuff like Gold Dust, Nexus Core, Farspeaker, etc. I'd even toss the Longbow and Shortbow LBOD family and associated smalls from Fletcher. The ML Gems are just not that common - and some LBODs get broken because they can sometimes (bugged) be bribed to a higher wood when the smalls cannot.
  2. There needs to be a LBOD for wood armor, while most of the other carpentry smalls with no large dumped.
  3. Most Tinker BODs need to go.
  4. WAY too many carpenter and tinker BODs can be exceptional as small, but the large for them is limited to normal only.
  5. The uo.com wiki is laughably wrong on what can and can't be colored material and/or exceptional.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drowy and Basara, great posts! I agree with everything and may I add we need a taior tool that gived the same benefit as ASH hammers! To make enhanceing leather items worth trying.

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1. Remove some facets. start with Tram

2. Revamp some older areas of the game. Treasures of the Abyss with new artifacts....

3. New Peerless encounters

4. New replicas and deco from existing champ spawns

5. Old school pirate and undead invasions

8. new skill cap scrolls 5,10,15,20

9. New +5 stat scroll (new max of 265)

10. Rez, recall, and gate spells for Mysticism. Group recall type spell for SW

11. Nerf healing

12. Increase cost to recall to vendor, sliding scale based on funds available to account. %0.001 or 2k, whichever is higher

13. Old friends to return and current friends to stay in game

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. A tram only server for monthly subscribers (No EJ accounts allowed).
2. Loot needs a boost on everything from Doom/Peerless bosses on down.
3. Navrey's Rock Drop needs a conditional statement that prevents people from using the mechanic as a grief tool.
4. Doom's Dark Father A.I. is terribly NOT fun.
5. Doom's Fleshrender will teleport out of the room and kill newly res'd players - even in the healer room!
6. Macing could use something to increase damage output to make it comparable to swords.
7. Be able to RE-Alter Garg items back to human.

Last edited:

Okami

Visitor
Skill Revamps for skills that are "dead" right now. It's a shame to know the game is 20 years old and there are skills that either originally had a purpose that evaporated, or just never did much other than flavor to begin with.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put actual moongates to the left and right sides of the Abyss, or just let us mark and recall particular spots.

Counting on players to be nice and reliable with house teleporters is not working. Players flake, quit, die. (Yes, PLAYERS DIE. That's a thing.)

Baja. Missing the left side house for months now. The "Tell them to walk" attitude isn't good because it's unfair that Baja residents have to try to walk through a group of outcast gargoyles, or past the Slasher, to get to the left side, and other shards don't.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put actual moongates to the left and right sides of the Abyss, or just let us mark and recall particular spots.

Counting on players to be nice and reliable with house teleporters is not working. Players flake, quit, die. (Yes, PLAYERS DIE. That's a thing.)

Baja. Missing the left side house for months now. The "Tell them to walk" attitude isn't good because it's unfair that Baja residents have to try to walk through a group of outcast gargoyles, or past the Slasher, to get to the left side, and other shards don't.
The one by the rats on LS has been private for as long as I recall. At least the other one has a good owner with a bunch of teleporters.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm glad both the people on GLs are awesome...

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One more thing came to my mind. I would like all pets to be able to train to 5 slots. I dont know why some pets should stay at 3 or 4 slots. There wouldnt be an imbalance with cats, dogs or rabbits at 5 slots, just a plus for the fun:)