• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my template: what do u think

• Thread starter alessandrov81
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

alessandrov81

Considering that my experience in uo is mage-based, i need some elder warrior advice...
I have build my first warrior with all my tamer's finance... so i have real jackal's, helm of insight, stormgrip, ring of the vile and order shield.
i also have e SoS + 25

then my stats now are:
100 (105 hits)
49 (mana 70)

and my skills:

115 sword
110 tact
110 anat
100 parry
100 healing
75 chiv
90 respell

all the resists are over 65, HCI 40, DCI 45, LMC 26, mana reg 5, stam reg 6 and hit reg 6

What do you think? Where should i focus for pvm? maybe lmc?

I was thinking to put resspell under 90... it's a good idea for pvm? 70 is sufficent? What legendary SoP should i search? Tact? Anatomy? It's usefull to have parry over 100?

Talking of weapons i still don't have a demon slayer...the Blade of the Right. is very rare so i was thinking to buy a Redeemer (two handed sword demon slayer, 55% damage incr) at 1.8mil... it's a good idea? I mean that sword it's slow (5s delay) but it has 20-24 of damage and with the chivalry boosters i could reach around 200 damage per hit... maybe with 140 dex and divine fury it's not so slow, but i should consider alse the loss in parry chance...

thanks to all replys

T

Trukx

<blockquote><hr>

all the resists are over 65, HCI 40, DCI 45, LMC 26, mana reg 5, stam reg 6 and hit reg 6

What do you think? Where should i focus for pvm? maybe lmc?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think where you are at with that layout is where you need to be until you can further modify and find some great items. For my warrior I focus initially on resists, HCI, dex+/stam+, DI, DCI and LMC....regens are nice but i can make up for them in leeching in most cases.

<blockquote><hr>

Redeemer (two handed sword demon slayer, 55% damage incr) at 1.8mil... it's a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good in theory, but no leeches and slow as hell. You may hit for a ton on a single shot, but I guarantee i'll out damage you with a katana or radiant scimitar over that 5s delay for the duration of the fight. It works, dont get me wrong, but gets back to my theory of fast killing vs powerful hitting. Fast killing answers a few other questions you had....+20 scroll for swords when possible...you want to hit the highest percentage possible....max HCI and 120 melee gives you that.

M

minificelle

While i dont run a pure warrior (melee/tamer) i can give you my opinion about resists for PVM.

I started with sword, tactic, resist and chiv as my warrior skills.
The Magincia event allowed me to put my hands on that necro arty (cursed) that gives +20 necro.

So, i said to myself, hey, why not try this vamp form everyone seems to enjoy so much. Soulstoned my GM resist, put 45 in necro, put all+necro items on, cast vamp form, switch back to "real suit" and go kill stuff.

Never looked back...

You basically immune to poison, the life leech is very noticeable, you get some nice rege stamina and mana, you get paraed more for sure, but monsters are not very smart: they para you but the second after, they hit you ,so you no more para

And from what i have experienced, even with GM resist you get paraed, mana drained, poisonned...

So, you get more advantages for less skill points.
The hit in fire resist is huge but not that hard to go back in the 60+. Switching stuff for casting vamp form is a 1 time thing, so no big deal (i let all that in house).
The hit in karma is negligible as you only use necro for vamp form.
You can even try with wraith form for some places, and the pack minion can have some uses if you need to transfert stuff...

Now, all that is for PVM, for PVP, i cant say and its probably not the best idea to run without resists.

G

Gilla

<blockquote><hr>

While i dont run a pure warrior (melee/tamer) i can give you my opinion about resists for PVM.

I started with sword, tactic, resist and chiv as my warrior skills.
The Magincia event allowed me to put my hands on that necro arty (cursed) that gives +20 necro.

So, i said to myself, hey, why not try this vamp form everyone seems to enjoy so much. Soulstoned my GM resist, put 45 in necro, put all+necro items on, cast vamp form, switch back to "real suit" and go kill stuff.

Never looked back...

You basically immune to poison, the life leech is very noticeable, you get some nice rege stamina and mana, you get paraed more for sure, but monsters are not very smart: they para you but the second after, they hit you ,so you no more para

And from what i have experienced, even with GM resist you get paraed, mana drained, poisonned...

So, you get more advantages for less skill points.
The hit in fire resist is huge but not that hard to go back in the 60+. Switching stuff for casting vamp form is a 1 time thing, so no big deal (i let all that in house).
The hit in karma is negligible as you only use necro for vamp form.
You can even try with wraith form for some places, and the pack minion can have some uses if you need to transfert stuff...

Now, all that is for PVM, for PVP, i cant say and its probably not the best idea to run without resists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the same thing with my Chiv Fencer. I was hardly ever using him so I decided to give the Vamp/Dexer a try:

120 Fence
90 Anat(100 w/+10 on a ring I use)
100 Tact
100 Healing
115 Parry
90 Bushido
60 Chiv
40 Necro(99 with armor,jewels, tali's and book to cast Vamp)

This is an awesome PvM template. I shall never go back. Only drag is if and when you die you have to leave and go recast... If your in Doom you must carry the stuff you need (Armor, reagents, etc.) with you and try to keep them from getting looted. Other then that I love this guy and use him a lot now. Soloing critters that even give my Tamer a rough time is fairly easy for this guy.

A

alessandrov81

i have finally found a great demon slayer broadsword with damage incr. and huge chances to leech life, mana and even stamina (71%, 55%, 40%), man a weapon like that it's really resolutive, i can solo darkfather in a corner without ever losing half of life or mana, doing special moves and chiv spells all the time... i would never exchange that for any other pvm weapon or gold! You were right on the incredible power of leechs in pvm, for now i would not consider the wraith form until i hunt demons. I think i will consider that just when i fight monsters without slayers and i don't find weapons with leechs. It's because my equipment is (for now) based more on stats/increases/regen/dci-hci/luck/dmg incr. then on resist, i've reached 67-69-60-60-70 so i cannot lose resists right now.
I've left the idea of raising parry to 120 because it gives just 5% more chance to block and i don't use bushido to catch the bonuses of the vesper's order shield.
So now i have:
120 swords
115 tact
110 ana
100 parry
100 healing (i prefer better chances to cure poison and a little more hp)
70 chiv
85 resspell

i think i could use some skill increase but i prefer having other mods on jewels...