• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Sound

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully someone will know what's causing my sound problem because I don't have a clue.

I have a new computer with an integrated Realtek sound card.

I hear sounds in uo that other people make ... footsteps etc. and also animal sounds. What I don't hear is any sound my chars should make. The sound is actually there but you have to really strain to hear it. I don't hear my footsteps or the sounds I make mining for example, or just moving something in my backpack.

I have turned up the volume for my sound to the top so the sounds I do hear knock me off my chair and the other sounds for my chars are very faint.

My sound was working perfectly until I uninstalled drivers for a mouse to update the new drivers. Maybe I deleted something I shouldn't have. Everything says my hardware etc are working properly.

I guess it's not only uo though ... I tried playing a dvd and the sound was extremely low. But it's uo that really bothers me the most. lol

I

imported_lady michelle

You check options on the game, and uoa to make sure the problem isn't one of those.

G

It's possible your computer has a different speaker setup than you actually have. Maybe it's set to surround sound when you only have 2 speakers or mono instead of stereo, or something similar. Go to your Computer's Control Panel and open the "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties". Under the "Speaker Settings" section, click the "Advanced" button and set the speakers to reflect your setup if they aren't correct.

I

imported_lady michelle

Thanks Sheridan forgot about that he needs to go to his control find his realtek click on that go to audio I/O and make sure his speakers are set at 2ch speakers or how many speakers he has also.

G

Go into your speaker config panel if you have one and check they're set to being stereo or 5.1, surround etc. Even if they are, try setting them to something else, then to the correct setting.

My old speakers used to sometimes get knocked onto a crappy setting for no apparent reason, annoying when you've checked 5 speakers and the woofer then realise it wasn't them causing the problem
I think the control panel set the number of speakers too, so it's worth checking through the control panel too.

If that fails, download the latest driver for your speakers, remove the existing one and install the new one.

Wenchy