• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Siege of siege Weekly update

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's such fun here !! I am GM or better in all my Bard/Mage skills PS are cheap and well stocked/for sale (this alone makes me more convinced than ever that PS should be shard bound)
I still don't understand why people think its harder here (including the PVP crowd) my skill gain the same or better than normal shards in less than two weeks i have enough junk to make 5 or 6 decent suits so i don't worry about losing anything. still have yet to be killed by any of the reds i have seen and gasp yes even spoken with like we were both real people !!

again my point is give it a try !!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you don't bother them, most of the time they won't bother you....if they catch you spawning or doing shadowguard? They will kill you....I almost had my virgin death at shadowguard but I ran away :) lol and left my guildmate behind to die.....yes I'm a horrible person lol.

I love Siege....I hate that I cannot attend most EM events as they are smack dab in the middle of the day but Siege's EM is FREAKING amazing....he's very creative and has a lot of fun, which in turn makes US have a lot of fun...

Skill gain is SOOO much better on Siege then it is on ~regular~ shards....and the people are very friendly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
..if they catch you spawning or doing shadowguard? They will kill you....I almost had my virgin death at shadowguard but I ran away :) lol and left my guildmate behind to die.....yes I'm a horrible person lol.
Shadowguard is instanced. You go in with your party and others go in in their own instance. Had to be something else.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Shadowguard is instanced. You go in with your party and others go in in their own instance. Had to be something else.
They were waiting for us when we got out....hide a stealther there and watch people go in...wait for them to come out loaded with all the legendaries and arties...gank em....game over lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They were waiting for us when we got out....hide a stealther there and watch people go in...wait for them to come out loaded with all the legendaries and arties...gank em....game over lol
Then players should take a BoS into Shadowguard and send the good stuff to the bank. Hear that Anon!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Then players should take a BoS into Shadowguard and send the good stuff to the bank. Hear that Anon!
Or learn really quickly to have your own stealther there ;)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's such fun here !! I am GM or better in all my Bard/Mage skills PS are cheap and well stocked/for sale (this alone makes me more convinced than ever that PS should be shard bound)
I still don't understand why people think its harder here (including the PVP crowd) my skill gain the same or better than normal shards in less than two weeks i have enough junk to make 5 or 6 decent suits so i don't worry about losing anything. still have yet to be killed by any of the reds i have seen and gasp yes even spoken with like we were both real people !!

again my point is give it a try !!
It's funny there haven't been any roving pks for like... 5 years. If you avoid spawns (or just avoid the easy to get to spawns) in non off hours, or special event spawns or whatever, the odds you will get pked are tiny.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If you don't bother them, most of the time they won't bother you....if they catch you spawning or doing shadowguard? They will kill you....I almost had my virgin death at shadowguard but I ran away :) lol and left my guildmate behind to die.....yes I'm a horrible person lol.

I love Siege....I hate that I cannot attend most EM events as they are smack dab in the middle of the day but Siege's EM is FREAKING amazing....he's very creative and has a lot of fun, which in turn makes US have a lot of fun...

Skill gain is SOOO much better on Siege then it is on ~regular~ shards....and the people are very friendly.
It is fun, I also have problems attending the EM events there during the afternoon, but the few I was able to make were really fun. And I love the training there far better then any other shard. Skill gains were so dang fast, nothing like the GGS is on all the other shards. Siege Perilous - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia I love that ROT

And yes the people are great, fun and friendly, well most are, watch that Blind Otto, he tap you with that white cane of his really hard, ;). If you wished for a PvP environment there is where you need to be, but only one char per account has far to many turning away from Siege Perilous. Still, that does make it an environment-friendly to the crafters there, so make a warrior and fight, make a thief and steal/fight/run, make a crafter make gold ;) Have fun.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Havent been on siege since 2015 maybe. NEW2 was still around when I played on that shard. I still log in to keep my house refreshed.
You haven't been on Siege since 2015 but you still.....log .....in...to keep your....house refreshed huh ? ok

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can someone explain how gaining skills is better on Siege? I thought you were relatively capped at what you could gain in a day? Also, who's kidding who? Real shards you probably just macro the full day(s) until the character is complete

How hard is it to get a 260 stat, 120 x6 char ? Imagine the gear is the biggest hold up.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone explain how gaining skills is better on Siege? I thought you were relatively capped at what you could gain in a day? Also, who's kidding who? Real shards you probably just macro the full day(s) until the character is complete
no skill gain cap on Siege. your info is dated.
why would you assume you can't macro all day (attended of course!) on Siege just like on prodo shards? of course you can. The gains are just slower than on prodo, but there are easy ways to increase the gains ovecr time with the use of alacrities (log out immediately after the gain and two SoAs take you from 70 to 120 easily). There are also other ways to do it even faster. Just talk to someone who actually plays Siege and knows what they're doing.

How hard is it to get a 260 stat, 120 x6 char ? Imagine the gear is the biggest hold up.
This depends on your playstyle, the ammount of time you have to paly and wether or not you have support from established players.

When you create your character on Siege you want to pick certain starting skills over others:
bushido, ninjitsu, stealth need to be above 25 so you can gain - you can't buy skill from npcs on Siege so easier to pick them as starting skills if you want them on your template. If you messed up and picked something else ask in gc for someone to make you jewellery with 13 on each piece so you can train until you have 25+ real skill.
This also goes for a starter suit - ask in gc and people will usually help you out as long as you know what you want. Don't ask for anything too crazy, just basic stuff that allows you to train.

If you start with a necromage or sampire template you will be able to solo spawns after about a week (getting the stats to where they need to be will be the slowest part), again, depending on how much time you have to play. If you have a lot it can be done within less than a week. It might make sense to either get soulstones so you can swap skills out for imbuing (train it by unraveling) - that way you can craft your own stuff.
After your skills are around gm level you can start doing spawns and get your powerscrolls. This will get you enough money to afford to buy the +25 and +5 statscrolls (they usually sell for around 2 mil each, sometimes more sometimes less)

Or you can try to trade prodo gold for Siege gold and just buy whatever you need which will reduce time until your character is finished with all 120s. There is not a huge demand though for prodo gold and the exchange rate lately was around 30:1, so not sure how reliably that works. Another rather reliable method to make quick gold on Siege is by selling ingame shop items for gold. Soulstones usually sell for 2.5-3 mil. If you wanna sell really quick, sell at 2.5 or less. Do the math to figure out what other items will sell for. Theoretically you could even try and pay for the imgame store items with prodo gold and then sell on Siege, not sure if that is really a thing on prodo though.

Getting gear is not that hard actually. Of course you won't be sporting a suit consisting of hard to get artifacts for the most part. You can bless one item, so you need to build your suit and template around that one item. For PvM all you really need is imbued stuff as a dexxer. Casters can even get away with looted items but having imbuing helps with the jewellery because they rarely spawn with the right combination of mods. This is why I really advise to train 120 imbuing (theoretically you could do this on an EJ account, but I prefer soulstones to swap in crafting skills when needed).

If you're reallty interested in making the move to Siege hit me up and I'll help you adapt. It's different, so your prodo knowledge of the game often times won't help you much but everything can be done with reasonable ammounts of time invested.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
no skill gain cap on Siege. your info is dated.
why would you assume you can't macro all day (attended of course!) on Siege just like on prodo shards? of course you can. The gains are just slower than on prodo, but there are easy ways to increase the gains ovecr time with the use of alacrities (log out immediately after the gain and two SoAs take you from 70 to 120 easily). There are also other ways to do it even faster. Just talk to someone who actually plays Siege and knows what they're doing.

This depends on your playstyle, the ammount of time you have to paly and wether or not you have support from established players.

When you create your character on Siege you want to pick certain starting skills over others:
bushido, ninjitsu, stealth need to be above 25 so you can gain - you can't buy skill from npcs on Siege so easier to pick them as starting skills if you want them on your template. If you messed up and picked something else ask in gc for someone to make you jewellery with 13 on each piece so you can train until you have 25+ real skill.
This also goes for a starter suit - ask in gc and people will usually help you out as long as you know what you want. Don't ask for anything too crazy, just basic stuff that allows you to train.

If you start with a necromage or sampire template you will be able to solo spawns after about a week (getting the stats to where they need to be will be the slowest part), again, depending on how much time you have to play. If you have a lot it can be done within less than a week. It might make sense to either get soulstones so you can swap skills out for imbuing (train it by unraveling) - that way you can craft your own stuff.
After your skills are around gm level you can start doing spawns and get your powerscrolls. This will get you enough money to afford to buy the +25 and +5 statscrolls (they usually sell for around 2 mil each, sometimes more sometimes less)

Or you can try to trade prodo gold for Siege gold and just buy whatever you need which will reduce time until your character is finished with all 120s. There is not a huge demand though for prodo gold and the exchange rate lately was around 30:1, so not sure how reliably that works. Another rather reliable method to make quick gold on Siege is by selling ingame shop items for gold. Soulstones usually sell for 2.5-3 mil. If you wanna sell really quick, sell at 2.5 or less. Do the math to figure out what other items will sell for. Theoretically you could even try and pay for the imgame store items with prodo gold and then sell on Siege, not sure if that is really a thing on prodo though.

Getting gear is not that hard actually. Of course you won't be sporting a suit consisting of hard to get artifacts for the most part. You can bless one item, so you need to build your suit and template around that one item. For PvM all you really need is imbued stuff as a dexxer. Casters can even get away with looted items but having imbuing helps with the jewellery because they rarely spawn with the right combination of mods. This is why I really advise to train 120 imbuing (theoretically you could do this on an EJ account, but I prefer soulstones to swap in crafting skills when needed).

If you're reallty interested in making the move to Siege hit me up and I'll help you adapt. It's different, so your prodo knowledge of the game often times won't help you much but everything can be done with reasonable ammounts of time invested.
Thanks - Siege has been tempting to me for the last while. Production shards have gotten old and after 20 years, it seems like the final frontier.

I imagine an ornament that is personally blessed has the highest appeal for pvp right?

What's best to roll with on Siege as a mage? wrestle/parry mage? necro/mage?

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I imagine an ornament that is personally blessed has the highest appeal for pvp right?
no because it lacks dci. it really depends on your template what's a good item to bless. the hephaestus can be nice, an aegis of grace if you like to play a protection caster, the nighteyes can also sometimes be useful... or an absolutely insane legendary piece of jewellery - but this is nothing you will have available at the beginning. it really comes down to what your template is and how much you are willing to risk loosing when you die.

What's best to roll with on Siege as a mage? wrestle/parry mage? necro/mage?
parry mage absolutely works - Siege is dexxer heavy.
necro mage is great for PvM and ok for PvP. You could try running 60 necro and 60 spiritspeak to save skill points and still have the most important spells available in PvP and a bit of extra damage for PvM.
again: soulstones are your friends and allow for versatility depending on what you're trying to do.