• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Setup: The Purest Paladin Ever

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Tuan
@CorvinXX

one questions, i am redoing sampire suit right now, i kinda like the protection thing and i would like to use it there also. can someone of you tell me if this will workout?
the maximum i can provide would be 1/2 FC/FCR will protection then slow me or is this working?

@hirikawa i tried a few Slasher today, it worked quite well even if i died a few times. somehow i think today is not a good day because my character several time just stopped to hit, i tried the sampire with the same result. i am in the middle of a mob and my char is doing nothing.

thx

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I am not sure how 99 necro affects your chivalry FC cap. In any case 0/5 FC/FCR is better than 1/2 if you are going to keep DF on.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don;t run prot in my setup (vampire paladin), so I can't help you from any personal experience.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@CorvinXX i canot do 0/5 as i have only room for FCR3 on armor the FC would be from townbuff

but the issue with the weird character behavior in battle continue i dont know what my EC is doing.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3fcr is definatly better then 1fc for any samurai char that does also cast chiv. Just because none of the bread and butter chiv/bushido/weapon skills things got any noticable casting time, but all of them seem to be affected by fcr if you want to use them quickly one after the other.

EC is losing target when you get paralyzed and use a trap box. Char just stands around then if in combat mode. If you use attack last cursor target to shorten the time you stand around, ec will crash to desktop if you use it within a second manually or macro it without delay. Mean bug btw.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Klapauc

its not only that. i also see that the select nearest enemy targets staff which is not near you. that is perfect when u are in a mob and rely on that.
i feat something is broken as this completely ****ty behavior started a few days ago, before that all went perfect

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya that baffles me....45 hci ...120 skill...should be impossible to miss 4 times in a row.....but it is shocking how often it happens

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree i also had the same problems with Rend - missed a few times and had to run away to heal there.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rend can spawn with very high wrestle. Perfectly possible to miss a few times,same at yamandons, para ancient wyrm etc . When that happens, it might help to cast something like a consecrate to give the rng new input. That new rng seems to be even more streaky and less random then before, getting hit 4x in a row with mirrror images out, 45 dci and 120 ninja, same with 120 bushido/parry. Some very unlikely things do happen way to often atm. Defensive skills rendered completly useless sometimes.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Another EM event and template also worked for this one. Even if EM Bosses are usually melee warrior unfriendly. (No Protection / FC runing on pic because i reloaded interface during battle)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
That new rng seems to be even more streaky and less random then before, getting hit 4x in a row with mirrror images out, 45 dci and 120 ninja, same with 120 bushido/parry.
Images would work better without DCI/Parry as the hit needs to go through to be diverted. If it's parried/blocked/just misses normally there is 0 chance of it being diverted, which makes the 90% diversion rate from images practically useless.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ya that baffles me....45 hci ...120 skill...should be impossible to miss 4 times in a row.....but it is shocking how often it happens
4 misses in a row, even against a Mongbat (max chance to his is always 95%, I believe) = 1 in 160,000 (sets of 4 swings).
4 misses in a row, against something pretty tough, like a boss level MOB with 130 wrestle, even with your 45 HCI and assumed 25 DCI from HLD (I'm assuming a 75% chance to hit in this case) = 1 in 256(sets of 4 swings).

Unlikely? Sure. Impossible? Far from it. The chance to win powerball is 1 in 175,000,000, yet that happens pretty regularly.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Unlikely? Sure. Impossible? Far from it. The chance to win powerball is 1 in 175,000,000, yet that happens pretty regularly.
Probability and Frequency are different things. For example, chance that I get 6 on a dice throw is 1/6 - pretty high... but it happens may be 1 times per year. While someone other gets 6 hundred times every day.

Last edited:

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Got new sleeves for template, i lose a 3 mana but i gain 12% Kinetic Eater - so overall i got now 19% Kinetic Eater (Sleeves & Cloak & Sandals) as special bonus. Also i got 5 Strength more on those Sleeves which leads me to 145 Strength and 145 HP + 3 HPR. It's getting higher and still there is some space for updates as we can see on Finley template version. New spreadsheet was uploaded.

EDIT:

Tried Night Terror again. This time it took 30min i tanked it all battle long. Went really smooth even with my 0 RS. I used DF + CW + 100 HML Broadsword and what's important Remove Course spell + sometimes Dispel Evil. It's all thanks to Protection and FC/FCR. This become very important part of this template. What's interesting half battle i didn't use Apples at all (they ended) but just Remove Curse and it was enough. I love this template even more now hah.

Last edited:

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hirikawa updated My Setup: The Purest Paladin Ever

Paladin got new Ring which leads it to 2 FC and 6 FCR overall. Also mana reached the 111 points now. Now the only possible update is:
- reaching the 30% Kinetic Eater (need one correct piece for it)
- more Stats / SSI to use Longsword (this one i do not plan on doing since i prefer Broadswords + they are enough and template is more flexible without 55 SSI or 180 Stamina)
View updates to this article...

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's all thanks to Protection and FC/FCR. This become very important part of this template. What's interesting half battle i didn't use Apples at all (they ended) but just Remove Curse and it was enough. I love this template even more now hah.
protection negates faster casting. i dont think it goes into negative. so 2 fc while in protection is same as 0.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Smoot, only when you talk about magery. Chiv got a 4FC cap which is lowered to 2 so he still got 2/6 with protection

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
interesting. is this the same for spellweaving if you have no magery?
could be, i am not so firm in this topic, i just heard from Hirikawa that he will still have 2FC left. maybe @CorvinXX or @Tuan can explain this better

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Gorget is Prized Lesser Artifact
Arms, Tunic and Gloves are Brittle Legendary Artifact. Gloves and Tunic are not that special just ordinary item worth 5-10M

Btw. for test i will be replacing gloves on Paladin: overall it will give -7 Mana, +9 Kinetic Eater and as extra +4HPR, +3SR. Won't update template officialy untill i confirm if it was a wise choice and still it's possible to get better gloves with +14 Mana, 4MR and 9 Kinetic on one piece with high resistances.

To get post more interesting i post picture from great Europa EM event. Very cool place with legendary war chaos there lol

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm back so i'm digging up my old topic about Paladin. I updated article too, pictures were gone. Template was updated a bit with Intuition Mastery and more Kinetic Eater.

With new items and Mastery system there are some new possibilities, like using Warrior’s Gifts mastery.

This template is fully playable on EJ.

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm back so i'm digging up my old topic about Paladin. I updated article too, pictures were gone. Template was updated a bit with Intuition Mastery and more Kinetic Eater.

With new items and Mastery system there are some new possibilities, like using Warrior’s Gifts mastery.

This template is fully playable on EJ.

really curious how this template stands up to the standard sampire template. i'd really prefer a sword and board toon purely for the love of nostalgia, but also want to be viable

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
100% Elemental Slayer is not needed when you use AI. So 100 HML is better choice. 81 HML is not bad but sometimes you might lack some mana as i do. In other hand this setup is made sometimes to stay from boss to heal so it's not that problematic. Also 20% Soul Charge helps.

Those Broadsword weapons are shown on my spreeadsheet:
> Full setup of Super Slayers is a must. Do 100 HML if you can. 100% elemental damage is not needed.
> For Blackhtorn Masters you should have 50 Hit Lighting and 100% Energy Weapon. Rest mods: 100 HML, 81 HLL and 50 HSL (or less) DI (if needed).
> As a main weapon i use the same one as for Blackthorn Masters but with 50 HLA instead of 50 Hit Lighting
> For non Life Leech weapons i use 81 HML, 50 HSL, 50 HLA, 50 Hit Lighting (or Super Slayer for Corgul), 25 DI

I wish i could have some 100 HML clean Broadswords! :)
Can you list some of the superslayers?
For Corgul
Dragon Turtle itself
and the Allosaurus that spawns there
Dreadhorn
Others?
Thanks in advance.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
List of the weapons that i use are shown on spreadsheet.

For Corgul i use weapon that have no Life Leech:
Broadsword, Repond Slayer, 50% HSL, 81% HML, 50% HLA, 25% DI

For Bosses that have no Slayer i use:
Broadsword, 81% HLL, 50% HSL, 81% HML, 25% DI, 50% Hit Lighting
Broadsword, 81% HLL, 50% HSL, 100% HML, 20% DI, 50% Hit Lower Attack
+ Consecrate Weapon

croy6325 >> I didn't play Sampire for a long time so it's hard to compare it. The most thing i like on this template is defense -> check out in how many ways i can restore health on it. Main source is 81% HLL Weapon, second source are Bandages (at 120 Healing and 120 Anatomy). I also have 11 HPR on suit and i can always use Close Wounds spell (at 120 Chivalry and 2/6 casting). Extras for defense is Paroxy Dragon armor and 28% Kinetic Eater.

For me it's more interesting to play unique templates, than do what everyone does. Even if i may lose some efficiency.

I think this template is easy to create nowadays. Slither's DCI can be replaced with DCI on Sash / Cloak / Boots and Ranger's Cloak's SSI can be replaced by adding more SSI on shields / jewels. Rest item's are not that expensive on current market and can be easily found on Vendors. For more basic version you can skip Kinetic Eater and HPR. For more advanced version you can use Longswords.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
List of the weapons that i use are shown on spreadsheet.

For Corgul i use weapon that have no Life Leech:
Broadsword, Repond Slayer, 50% HSL, 81% HML, 50% HLA, 25% DI

For Bosses that have no Slayer i use:
Broadsword, 81% HLL, 50% HSL, 81% HML, 25% DI, 50% Hit Lighting
Broadsword, 81% HLL, 50% HSL, 100% HML, 20% DI, 50% Hit Lower Attack
+ Consecrate Weapon

croy6325 >> I didn't play Sampire for a long time so it's hard to compare it. The most thing i like on this template is defense -> check out in how many ways i can restore health on it. Main source is 81% HLL Weapon, second source are Bandages (at 120 Healing and 120 Anatomy). I also have 11 HPR on suit and i can always use Close Wounds spell (at 120 Chivalry and 2/6 casting). Extras for defense is Paroxy Dragon armor and 28% Kinetic Eater.

For me it's more interesting to play unique templates, than do what everyone does. Even if i may lose some efficiency.

I think this template is easy to create nowadays. Slither's DCI can be replaced with DCI on Sash / Cloak / Boots and Ranger's Cloak's SSI can be replaced by adding more SSI on shields / jewels. Rest item's are not that expensive on current market and can be easily found on Vendors. For more basic version you can skip Kinetic Eater and HPR. For more advanced version you can use Longswords.
WOW thanks for the post. Is it because Corgul has corruption that you do not use HLL? What other boses are similar? Ty again.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Last edited: