• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My policy on faction items (Siege does not pvp anymore)

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did they finally do something about the hats and leggings?
Yup.

I am not certain of the time line, but I may have turned yours in for soulstone tokens...if you don't have helm & leggings on Wulf, the trade tokens are either in one of your char's bank boxes or my house with your other stuff.

-Skylark

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you take the soulstone tokens? Or can the heritage tokens be traded for anything?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have traded them for the soulstone tokens. The Heritage tokens are only deco related (some really neat deco, like trees, and ladders that let you get on the roof of keeps & castles. I purchased the 9th Anniversary box for my 3 accounts at the time, and got a bunch of the heritage tokens as a bonus).

-Skylark

D

Death of Hemp

The first rule of HookerFight Club is that you don't talk about HookerFight Club.
The second rule of HookerFight Club is that you don't talk about HookerFight Club.

The third rule is that you are responsible for bringing your own tarp.
**Grabs inflatable baby pool and various condiments**

Can I invite a few midgets?

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it turns out they spook the goats.

Somebody took a hoof to the head last year, fell off their unicycle, and broke the vibratory USB-powered sheep.

M

MoonglowMerchant

But yet you guard whack people? I mean i'm not name calling but lets be foward, you by every definition a NOTO.

I think if you asked the entire shard who would be the one person in the dictionary definition as a NOTO, alot would vote for you,stryder, and roy, I think Roy would win but youd be close
Here is a pet peeve of mine. There is no notoriety system anymore. No one is a noto. That system is gone. Find another word.

:)

Also, I have no problem guardwhacking people. It's happened to me, and I don't mind anyone calling guards if I'm dumb enough to do something to get myself whacked.

I especially don't mind calling guards on players who swear to me they'll fight one on one while 3 or 4 of their guildmates cue up flamestrikes.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we should call them Moto-killers.

Not because it's valid in any particular way, but because moto-killers sound cooler.

A

archite666

It appears you don't know me either. I left well over a Billion Gold on Atl when I came to Siege. In less then two years I have aquired over 50 million here on Siege plus a Castle and Luna House.

It seems to me you are one of the people that want to live in the past, please move on!

This is the only UO we have so play it or quit...

Quick side note, the only reason you get ganked is your ego! Don't mess with 5 blue tamers in luna and you wont die!!!
*edited in order to keep this thread going.*

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iv sold 50 million in single transactions before.
I've had transactions that large too, but then I realized that was 49,999,999 more times than I'd ever want with yo' maEdit by Kelmo: Damnit Wulf, stop that.

O

Ole Cheapy

First, and foremost I'd like to say that most of you know I have pretty much retired from my "hardcore" days of UO. You serious pvpers know what I'm talking about, no more ghost cam schemes or huge plans to rule the shard. Just want to log on and kill people, hence why I'm red now.

Second, Why many us disagree on faction items, they are a part of the item based game that is UO. I miss the day when a good 1/3 was worth millions too, but at least now, I can run a solo mage and have a shot. Items were already a problem before faction items, the dexxers ruled supreme because of the sick weapon mods you could bless.

Third, Now why iv been gone, it seems there have become "standands" to the faction gear policy. This was put in place to try to streamline pvp.

NOW HERES WHERE IT TURNS BAD

The poorer less experienced guilds get this grand idea. "Hey lets NOT use faction arties and instead GANK those that do, thus we lose nothing and gain like a million gold per gank"

TNT I'm talking to you. Mr all stealth, multiple dragon pvpers.

JSV I'm talking to you. Mr mages that don't know how to do anything other than flamestrike all day (i'm looking at you roland) and blue naked tamers throwing bolas.

Now i'v died several times to ganks over the last week or two. No problem, I fight solo so I understand. And most people (NEO) have been pretty reasonable. Trading my stuff back for some armor and what not. Most of TNT has been been cool as long as they get something out of it.

Others however EXPECT I pay them 10 per on my items. They EXPECT it because thats their plan. They killed me for the money. Thats their victory. Its no longer about the fighting. Its about the money.

To the people who look at enemy factions at a piggy bank, go to Trammel where they actually do farm players for insurence money.

LETS CUT TO THE CHASE

Heres the deal, if you don't earn the kill. I'm not gonna pay 10 per (I dont have the money anyway, but once I do I still wouldnt) If you gank me hardcore, I will trade some items or maybe pay 5 per because its conveinent for me but YOU WILL NOT GET 1 million gold from me for using lame tactics designed to get you a paycheck.

Now, I realise you have the option to trash my stuff. I fully expect that. But understand while I may not PVP without my suit, I don't quit playing, I simply do something more constructive.

Ask

Lady sindy (JSV)
TigerDyr (JSV)
Gib (JSV)
Lady... whatever, the one that just casts EVs over and over (JSV)
HAVIK (JSV)
Elmer Fudd (SP!)
RacerX(SP!)
and whoever from TNT I chased out off of fire island.

I will just farm your people for the silver I need to get my suit. I know thats not a threat, its not intended to be. I'm simply saying, when I'm kept from pvping I hunt down farmers.

I emplore the rest of you to stand against these tycoons and NOT pay them the full price for their cheap kills. Indeed they could trash your suit, but to what end? Then they have earned nothing, and then one day they will die and when they have to go farm silver, I will find them.

In closing, Does anyone want to buy some silver?
*chuckles* I can appreciate your post and i admire you for posting it but don't you think you're just begging the shard to trash your items? Furthermore if I catch your so called killer out that farms farmers you will become the farmee and I will be the farmer, and that you can bet the ranch on.

Again, I love the post. :thumbsup:

O

Ole Cheapy

All im implying sir is that the items don't belong to you if you lose them. How you lose them ( ie- 1 vs 1, gank ect ect) is irrelevant. If people choose to sell back then they set a fee. If they choose to return free of charge then thats great. People seem to have this holier than thou attitude with faction gear and feel that they deserve to have it back.
Agree 110%.

A

archite666

*chuckles* I can appreciate your post and i admire you for posting it but don't you think you're just begging the shard to trash your items? Furthermore if I catch your so called killer out that farms farmers you will become the farmee and I will be the farmer, and that you can bet the ranch on.

Again, I love the post. :thumbsup:
Dude, your a no armor poison stealther

I'm a tracking necro mage. We ever meet in a dungeon, the best case scenario if you making it to a moongate, otherwise your dead.

O

Ole Cheapy

I think what everyone one is missing is the fact that the people did not screw up Siege, is was EA

When they made the faction items "char bound" they opened the door.
You couldn't be more wrong, EA didn't make you walk through that door, your greed did. EA sets no standards for this shard, the people do. We are free to play and do as we see fit. If we hate Luna we have the option to never bank there, if we hate tamers in pvp we have the option not to use them, etc. etc.

B

Black magick

You couldn't be more wrong, EA didn't make you walk through that door, your greed did. EA sets no standards for this shard, the people do. We are free to play and do as we see fit. If we hate Luna we have the option to never bank there, if we hate tamers in pvp we have the option not to use them, etc. etc.
Hell just froze over, I agree with Cheapy...:coco:

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, I play this game for fun and to me fun is killing people!

The only way to do that is to wear good gear (faction items)

I love the fact that you stick to your guns and play in GM leather with your blessed weapon, but quite frankly your not a factor in pvp. I doubt that you even attack let alone kill any members of TNT, SP, JSV...

You call it greed, ok fine but please allow me to call you lazy. You take the easy way out and play a usless char.

I am not saying you need to PVP to be usefull, I love my PVMers and Crafters and admire the RPErs but as you have stated so many times your a scary RED and your purpose it to kill, well let me ask you, kill who? Hell I have never even seen you in game

E

Elmer Fudd

Here is my No-Brainer policy on faction gear...

1.# If I like you alot-----I will give them back for free
2.# If I just like you-----I will sell them back
3.# If I dont like you----I trash them

How I would like my Faction Items distributed to me

1.# If I like you alot----give them back for free
2.# If I just like you----Please sell them back
3.# If I dont like you---Please throw my stuff away, cause theres not a snowballs chance in hell I will give you my gold......lol

Example----

The People I like alot are folks like

Elvis--(still the funniest guy in vent EVER)
Krystal--known her the longest of anyone on the shard
Verum--always treated me decent and good
Petra-- if she ever wore faction gear....lol
RP Mcmurphy--seems like a stand up guy
Sprago--dont know him real well, but always a good guy on the field
Sheyli---dont know him either, but always seems like a good chap also, plays his template well (respect that)

People I like
most everyone else...

I will always trash a Faction tammers gear for sure....no questions...just trash it.....

Short and Sweet....lol

O

Ole Cheapy

Dude, I play this game for fun and to me fun is killing people!

The only way to do that is to wear good gear (faction items)

I love the fact that you stick to your guns and play in GM leather with your blessed weapon, but quite frankly your not a factor in pvp. I doubt that you even attack let alone kill any members of TNT, SP, JSV...

You call it greed, ok fine but please allow me to call you lazy. You take the easy way out and play a usless char.

I am not saying you need to PVP to be usefull, I love my PVMers and Crafters and admire the RPErs but as you have stated so many times your a scary RED and your purpose it to kill, well let me ask you, kill who? Hell I have never even seen you in game
yep.