• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My house warming welcome to Atl

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So within 10 minutes of jumping a gate to a fel location, ready to see if my macros were set, I was welcomed by a guild at their castle... only it turned out to be not as warm as their name suggests.

I died... cliented actually, and woke up dead after relogging.

Thinking it was an accident with my son and his YouTube subscription on a different connection, I restarted my client, rezzed, and went back to knock on the door of this castle group...I was promptly and warmly greeted by fireballs and flamestrikes... I got 2 screens away and BOOM, another client closing.

Does this always happen when meeting new guilds in Fel on Atl, because if so, I'm going home and taking my ball with me.

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I almost always expect shenanigans when I go through any red gate, even when it's guildies. Good ol' UO

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Don’t know the specifics but the client crashing thing has rly gotten out of control. Accounts for half my pvp deaths in the last several months. The devs are rly letting the bugs get away from them more and more with every publish. It’s amatuer hour in Bonnie’s house.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don’t know the specifics but the client crashing thing has rly gotten out of control. Accounts for half my pvp deaths in the last several months. The devs are rly letting the bugs get away from them more and more with every publish. It’s amatuer hour in Bonnie’s house.
Shut up and buy a wedding package ffs ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shut up and buy a wedding package ffs ;)
Yeah everything now is centered around the store it seems...we can't fix bugs cuase we are working on free to play, or the End Journey (as I figure it will end up being) so that more and more stuff can be sold for $$ in the ingame store. Welcome to UO, 2018.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like your typical day out in Felucca on Atlantic....o.0
I had maybe wrongly hoped differently. I do not regularly see such 'client closings' on other shards I have homes on and regular interact with.

Having seen comments like yours now, combined with my experience, concerns me as I maybe also wrongly hope that new players/player base expands with EJ.

If I was an EJ player that walked into such a world, I would not be here long.

TheWolf

Adventurer
So within 10 minutes of jumping a gate to a fel location, ready to see if my macros were set, I was welcomed by a guild at their castle... only it turned out to be not as warm as their name suggests.

I died... cliented actually, and woke up dead after relogging.

Thinking it was an accident with my son and his YouTube subscription on a different connection, I restarted my client, rezzed, and went back to knock on the door of this castle group...I was promptly and warmly greeted by fireballs and flamestrikes... I got 2 screens away and BOOM, another client closing.

Does this always happen when meeting new guilds in Fel on Atl, because if so, I'm going home and taking my ball with me.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but does this have to do with fully loaded castles everywhere on ice island? I mean I have a liquid cooled i7, 16gb of ram, dual 660gtx, above average internet, etc. I freeze when I come up to certain homes in UO, sometimes crash shortly after. I play CSGO on max settings with no issues, definitely know its not my hardware specs crashing me.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I was running around Oceanic fel the other night looking for a castle spot because I'm Australian and the ping there amazing for me, I found a spot on that very very dead server that so happened to be near another castle.
For the life of me there was actually a player on top of there's and yeah they saw me. You should have seen how fast they were attempting to cast spells, I'm assuming they were trying to teleport off there roof to try and attack me.
It felt like a 1/100000 chance that i'd run into a player let alone have them try and kill me.
Worse thing was that I was on a freshly made toon on a horse, I manage to run for my life. lol

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, I'm going to start making videos of it... even right now there are two clowns at Yew gate that use this little trick to keep other VVV people from running even 2 screens away. It will be my short-film contribution to a snap-shot of playing in Fel on ATL

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I had maybe wrongly hoped differently. I do not regularly see such 'client closings' on other shards I have homes on and regular interact with.

Having seen comments like yours now, combined with my experience, concerns me as I maybe also wrongly hope that new players/player base expands with EJ.

If I was an EJ player that walked into such a world, I would not be here long.
I welcome to you try the Catskills shard, where being attack unprovoked in Felucca isn't the norn, as well as Europa. Smaller player base on both those shards, but you will also notice that the bullying and trash talk doesn't occur on either one of the shards (at least in the last 4 months, I haven't seen). I recently left the Atlantic shard for Catskills. I believe that with EJ coming up, the grieving, ganking, bullying and trash talk on GenChat will only get worse.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I welcome to you try the Catskills shard, where being attack unprovoked in Felucca isn't the norn, as well as Europa. Smaller player base on both those shards, but you will also notice that the bullying and trash talk doesn't occur on either one of the shards (at least in the last 4 months, I haven't seen). I recently left the Atlantic shard for Catskills. I believe that with EJ coming up, the grieving, ganking, bullying and trash talk on GenChat will only get worse.
Whereas you are correct, in that it was an attack, I am ok with such. What I am not ok with is having my client closed. If you are suggesting that nobody experiences such on other shards that is both encouraging and disappointing. I look forward to posting a video montage of my ATL client closings as Camtasia Studio does such a nice job of file compression, imho.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe that with EJ coming up, the grieving, ganking, bullying and trash talk on GenChat will only get worse.
Yeah I think thatis all wasted dev time, tbh. EJ isnt going to bring many true noobs in, because EA doesn't advertise UO. If they haven't heard of us or tried us by now, they probably aren't planning to . It will probably bring in quiet a few ex players tho, to look around and have a week or so of nostalgia, who will then realize its the SoS that they left from, and leave again. Hope I am wrong, but I dont think I will be

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I think thatis all wasted dev time, tbh. EJ isnt going to bring many true noobs in, because EA doesn't advertise UO. If they haven't heard of us or tried us by now, they probably aren't planning to . It will probably bring in quiet a few ex players tho, to look around and have a week or so of nostalgia, who will then realize its the SoS that they left from, and leave again. Hope I am wrong, but I dont think I will be
What they really need to do is put the cart back behind the horse and seriously dig into fixing the things that people left over and taking some....... or even a whole lot of the pointless grind out of things that are otherwise enjoyable activities. Then after the cheating, bugs, and grind are reasonably under control work on EJ and bringing more players into the world. If it is the same steaming turd they left with just more cost $$$ pixel crack, I can't see many sticking around for the long haul. Those of us that are here are pretty much not going anywhere short of death of ourselves or the game as a whole. New and returning people will not be as forgiving.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Whereas you are correct, in that it was an attack, I am ok with such. What I am not ok with is having my client closed. If you are suggesting that nobody experiences such on other shards that is both encouraging and disappointing. I look forward to posting a video montage of my ATL client closings as Camtasia Studio does such a nice job of file compression, imho.
I am saying that it doesn't happen on the other shards (I mentioned above, because I can't state categorically that PKing is an issue on shards I have never played) to the extent that it happens on Atlantic. It seems within 5-10 minutes of getting to Fel, I attract Reds (on Atlantic).

I experienced this client closing yesterday, I think, if we are talking about the same thing. I was battling Rend and a few reptilians with my puppy and the client crashed with a Windows popup saying he game client had an issue and would I like to troubleshoot it.