• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my homes are grandfathered help info

B

Braun

my son let his accounts go into deep dispair i found out yesterday now i have a problem... the oldest account has 5 homes on it. only one refreshed am i going to lose the other 4 ?? any help is appreciated

G

I don't have grandfathered houses, but isn't simply opening the front door supposed to refresh them? Is the one that is/does refresh set to auto-refresh?

I am not sure but I thought if you did that, other houses then went into decay path. ... again ... don't quote me and I may have missed changes to housing. I've always only had one unit. Sorry ... and good luck!

G

Sorry to say, if I read the updated housing FAQ correctly, you are going to lose the grandfathered houses if they have begun the decay process. They can only be rescued if the account is reactivated BEFORE the decay stage begins (during the 90 day grace period).

There is one hope...grandfathered houses are supposed to auto refresh the same as primary houses now, so if you reactivated BEFORE there was decay, the grandfathered houses should have auto refreshed. A GM might help with that if it is found to be a bug with the refreshing.

-Skylark

P.S. I have known of one actual case where a GM intervened in this manner, and it WAS a refresh bug.

B

Braun

Thanks very much for your reply ... i am just sick about this beta account and all ... If he were younger, well lets say ... i would warm his britches lol

G

Kinda like using grandpa's war medallion as a fishing lure, huh?

G

If your houses haven't fallen yet, I think you still have the option of choosing which house is saved on that account, by simply making it "Primary". For instance, if the house that refreshed was not the one you really want to keep on that account, you can set one of the others houses to "Primary", and it will condemn all the other grandfathered houses, including the one that refreshed.