• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Home, My Life.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, Why can not I finish the roof desing?
when I get to this point (6) everything I do is undone, and the server warns me that my project does not sound good!?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it sounds like you have a structurally unsound design. look for orange tiles on all the levels, and maybe post a video/pictures of what you mean

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I get to this point (6) everything I do is undone, and the server warns me that my project does not sound good!?
this means u have been permanently banned from ultima online

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is a limit with how high you can build things I'm guessing you have gone over the limit.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You talking about the new house parts? Yeah, you can only build like 2 levels... and frankly, I dont even understand how this works. YES, I have experimented and successfully done a few things... but considering these walls dont go transparent when you put your circle up... it seams rather pointless. Not to mention on levels UNDER that. BUT... to each their own. :)

I had a friend who had a little house in Luna, Atlantic... and he was paying big money for Magincia Rubble Wall parts. This being years ago. Between those and gaza matts and ladders... he had a dozen extra levels on his house. The people across the street were throwing hissy-fits about it until he was threatened with banning if he didnt take it down. Frankly, I think, what he did, was simply amazing. Its even hard to explain, considering.... BUT... I wish he didnt... but he ended up quitting UO over the whole ordeal and I really dont understand why. If he did his amazing tower anyplace else... I'm sure no one would have said anything about it. South side Luna, south side of the street? If it was the north side... I dont see the issue. Now its a 2 bonus level free-for-all.

And by the way... you wouldnt get a ban without some kind of warning... in theory.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Has something to do with you can only build up to 70 or 72 or some such thing along one of the axis, I think it's Z don't quote me on that but I think that's what was said when we got stone pavers in the first place... they changed the code to no longer allow anything over a certain height...

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You talking about the new house parts? Yeah, you can only build like 2 levels... and frankly, I dont even understand how this works. YES, I have experimented and successfully done a few things... but considering these walls dont go transparent when you put your circle up... it seams rather pointless. Not to mention on levels UNDER that. BUT... to each their own. :)

I had a friend who had a little house in Luna, Atlantic... and he was paying big money for Magincia Rubble Wall parts. This being years ago. Between those and gaza matts and ladders... he had a dozen extra levels on his house. The people across the street were throwing hissy-fits about it until he was threatened with banning if he didnt take it down. Frankly, I think, what he did, was simply amazing. Its even hard to explain, considering.... BUT... I wish he didnt... but he ended up quitting UO over the whole ordeal and I really dont understand why. If he did his amazing tower anyplace else... I'm sure no one would have said anything about it. South side Luna, south side of the street? If it was the north side... I dont see the issue. Now its a 2 bonus level free-for-all.

And by the way... you wouldnt get a ban without some kind of warning... in theory.
Having to take down my rubble house was not what caused my issues with UO. First warning was a 24hr ban and a message telling me I would have 48hrs to remove my structure. All said and done I was thankful they allowed me to take it down myself. My aggravation came with how crappy the uo culture had become, but honestly had more to do with my alcoholism and personal issues. I wasn't able to cash out before calming down. I ended up just trading it for a castle in the jungle. Learned to solo champs and peerless and slowly bought enough rubble to upgrade my castle. And even though you will find no awards or plaques from uo at my castle, I am likely the one to thank for the castle add-ons and extra floors.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having to take down my rubble house was not what caused my issues with UO. First warning was a 24hr ban and a message telling me I would have 48hrs to remove my structure. All said and done I was thankful they allowed me to take it down myself. My aggravation came with how crappy the uo culture had become, but honestly had more to do with my alcoholism and personal issues. I wasn't able to cash out before calming down. I ended up just trading it for a castle in the jungle. Learned to solo champs and peerless and slowly bought enough rubble to upgrade my castle. And even though you will find no awards or plaques from uo at my castle, I am likely the one to thank for the castle add-ons and extra floors.
Are you the same friend that owned that rubble house inside Luna? South side, outer side of the street?

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you the same friend that owned that rubble house inside Luna? South side, outer side of the street?
My main toon is Mosby. I owned the small house inside and at the south gate of Luna walls, across from Captn Norrington's and west of the brick path. This was 7+ years ago. The house was actually a total of seven floors and a roof level. I even added a cloud made of essence of control. Even though I went through the trouble to design and redesign as not to have the house show until you stepped on to the plot, the person up and across the street, that my structure blocked once visible, complained and caused me to have to remove it. In my earlier post I was incomplete about the warning. Was 24hr ban with a letter that told me I would have 48hrs to remove my structure or my account would be perma banned. I mentioned being glad they let me take it down myself, that is because it allowed me to take some screen shots, but I cannot find them. Knowing what I did with my Luna house, I have no doubts that my castle and the timeline on my bulletin board would assure you that I am the one.