• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My first time in doom with my new bard! (some questions)

• Thread starter davebobbit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

davebobbit

Well I ventured into doom today with my newly built bard! (yay me for getting through the training) and had reasonable success. Dark father is definitely what its all about for a doom bard i must say.

I was just wondering a couple of things though...

1) why do i see everyone elses damage when i provoke something onto the dark father?

2) what happens when someone else provokes a monster i have already provoked? Do they take away my damage points or do we both get credit? I was getting mightily frustrated with the bards who were provoking the rotting corpses back onto the dark father after I had already done so...

I guess for a bard, the less other bards around the better it is for you as you get to provoke more and get more "artie credits"... would that be a fair judgement?

G

Hiya!

1. I don't know, but it's pretty cool, eh? Love seeing all that red and it is interesting to see what types of damage others are doing.

2. Yes, they take your damage away. It's irritating. Typically, when people do this to me, I take that monster back if I can. Two can play that game.

3. If there's more than one bard, you can count on them Provo-ing over you. Unelss you go with a bard friend! When the group is big, I rely less on my barding and more on my Magery (ebolts) and Spellweaving (WoD) to do my damage. He goes down too fast to keep wasting time making provo attempts. Might as well just ebolt away as fast as you can while keeping away from the spawn.

Honestly, the best time to do Doom on a bard is when there's hardly anyone around. In a big group, I can't get in enough damage to get a drop. When group is big, I use my dexxer or archer.