• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] my first new plants just appeared.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well out of 20 plants in my first run all using fertile dirt, 3 have popped out,

first the two usual suspects, a coca tree and a large hedge but the 3rd....was a cypress tree!!!!!!!!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa! Yay for you!

Now, where dd the seeds come from please? :)

I am wondering if say all kappa seeds give the same plant, that sort of thing. Hope not.

I am very happy about the Cyprus! tyvm dev team!

F

Flora Green

I thought cypress is one of the two part trees we couldn't get??? Cool. I'm hoping for the tuscany pine to be among the new plants.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
ooooo i can't wait for my babies to grow. I keep watching them but it just doesn't seem to make them grow faster. :sad4: Have 6 planted I'm wondering just how random the drop will be. I hate to have to use up tons of lockdowns for seeds again.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are pics of hops and cypress trees. I don't know which ones are being used however.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Can someone let us know which creature these came off of?

C

Ceridwen

Friend also has one Hops, but can't remember where he got it from... *mutters*

Only thing I noticed about them is that it still says "Peculiar" - is that intended?
"A Vibrant Peculiar Hops Plant"

B

Beastmaster

That's exactly why I'm growing 8 off each monster so "I" will know beyond a shadow of a doubt where they all come from. Just can't rely on a bunch of folks running willy nilly all over creation killing stuff to provide accurate info for gardening. Most will be lucky to get the plants to survive to maturity.

I didn't have tons of fertile dirt saved up so I'm having to wait for the agonizing full 7 days to get my results. Day 4 for mine now, 3 long days to wait. I'm sure alot of info will be out before then, but I'll be able to confirm or disprove as needed.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yay for scientific method!! :) I need to know what came from where, so I'm doing the very same, as I'm sure most of the longtime gardeners are

but I'll be a bit behind the rest of ya..... y'know that thing about lock, secure, pack and all that? well, I was a bit excited the first nite.......:blushing:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first one should bloom tonight.. maybe a few others as well since all mine are in fertile dirt.. definitely several more tomorrow, and I have everything marked down as to what monster gave what seed and which bowl has which. Soon as I know what plants come out i'll be posting them. Said first one should be at about 10pm tonight, eastern.

F

Flora Green

I'm really behind, BUT my connection is finally restored so I was off doing Tsuki wolves this morning. I'll catch up eventually. I'm actually more concerned with the existing plants. For some reason over the past month, I can't keep up with the demand and I have special orders for Halloween and Christmas. :) As for the new plants, the non-gardeners will get bored with this soon and be back to the full time gardening shops for their needs.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
ooo hops, the first hint of maybe homemade beer. It would be wonderful if at some time in the future some of the new plants could give resources. I'm keeping very careful records of which seeds came from which monster. I'm hoping that there will be a constant pattern which would make filling orders way easier. I'm the offical plant person in my guild.

Y

Yalp

Yeah.. I'm on Baja.. so a few days behind you all..

I've got 45 seeds growing.. organized by monster type.. where I hunted them all. smallest number of seeds from one monster type is 3.. they have just turned green.. most of them planted in fertile dirt although not all.. By mid week we should all have a really good idea of which plants/monster.. I will post confirmed information asap.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

ooo hops, the first hint of maybe homemade beer. It would be wonderful if at some time in the future some of the new plants could give resources. I'm keeping very careful records of which seeds came from which monster. I'm hoping that there will be a constant pattern which would make filling orders way easier. I'm the offical plant person in my guild.
Using InsideUO, there are 4 types of hops plants, and then something called hops bulbs. I assume those would be plant bulbs, but I could be wrong.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry... I got too tired waiting for my plants last night, and then Stratics seemed to go down, so I just went to bed. Anyway, two of them bloomed; one we already know, and a new one i'm happy with. :)

On the left is obviously Snowdrops, and the seed came from an Antlion (this means we can place the Antlion and Serpentine Dragon in the same seed group now). However, on the right isn't bamboo, but Sugar Canes, and the seed came from a Plague Beast. I'll be posting more when the next batch matures.. should be at least 5 or 6 next time. :)

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a thread in U.Hall with pics of more new plants.
a link, for those who don't want to search through uhall.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=101613

ahhh, and someone finally posted what monster gave them seeds.

Today I got my first 2, expecting atleast 16 more tomorrow.

Small Hedge - Antlion
Snowdrops - Serpentine Dragon

I would rather keep updating in this thread, because it is in the appropriate forum and has already alot of neat screenies in it.

With the different threads going on it is a bit tricky where to post.

I have all my seeds labeled with thier origins and hope more can give the origins aswell so we soon know which monster gives what seeds so we can group them :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I got the cattails from a wisp, the orfluer from a titan, and the snow drops from the Serpentine Dragon

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow these new plants are awesome! I'm so happy with the orfluers! I've got 50 seeds sprouting in 2 days mostly from wisps.. I just planted 50 more this morning from all terathan warriors. Going to do another group tonight and plant those. This is soooo exciting! (I didn't have enough fertile dirt lol.)

Y

Yalp

mutiple posts running around. I'm trying to catch them all..

Got a cypress tree from kappa, 4 barrel cactus (with flower) from Dryad, snowdrop from Serp dragon and small hedge from ant lion..

I posted a screenie on uhall thread.

L

LdyHawke

A friend of mine doesn't want to see any spoilers, so she asked me to post these pics of her new cypress. It's very different than the other cypress that's already been posted. This one came from an ant lion.

Y

Yalp

A friend of mine doesn't want to see any spoilers, so she asked me to post these pics of her new cypress. It's very different than the other cypress that's already been posted. This one came from an ant lion.

wow very nice!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to my notes, there are still 4 unknown plants....?
Flowers
1. Snowdrops (scattered)
2. Poppies (scattered)
3. Foxglove
4. Orfleur
Crops
5. Hops left (South)
6. Hops right (East)
7. Sugar Cane
Trees
8. hedge (short)
9. hedge (tall)
10. Juniper Bush
11. Spider Tree
12. Cypress Tree (plain)
13. Cypress Tree (mossy
Other
14. Cattails
15. Water Lily
16. Cactus

(I think)

T

tiggertessa2007

i think we got ripped on the ones that are same thing just facing diff ways. they could have just made them to where u could use a deco tool on them....*sighs* no flax again this round :(

F

Flora Green

i think we got ripped on the ones that are same thing just facing diff ways. they could have just made them to where u could use a deco tool on them....*sighs* no flax again this round :(
Agreed about the hops. No flax, no grasses (the tall "fluffy" rubble one) and no water reeds. Still a good selection, but I would have loved to have seen those added as well.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!!! Where are the cypress leaves? ewww...lol

Plants are nice though, having to unlock to tend is not. I feel so bad for those with many.

Will a plant die in two days? The idea is not to tend after day 7 , wait for day 9 and make it deco.

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Proudly shows off hers and Spree's babies*

Just popped today:

Facts:

Planted in Fertile Dirt (did get growth spurts...one of them was showing day 5yesterday and today day 7)

Seeds from Plague Beast

Used GStr now and then.

Can't access after popped if locked/secured on floor. But can if they are in a secured container.

Im going to try and sell for lots of gold!

Fifi LaForge

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, my seeds from plague beasts have produced a mossy cypress, sugar cane and a tall hedge. Seed from a Tsuki wolf produced hops and the expected cocoa tree from a fragrant seed. And a foxglove from a Titan's seed.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!!! Where are the cypress leaves? ewww...lol

Plants are nice though, having to unlock to tend is not. I feel so bad for those with many.

Will a plant die in two days? The idea is not to tend after day 7 , wait for day 9 and make it deco.
It depends on what type it is - it won't *die*, but could have it's health fall to wilted, and then it won't grow and will require additional greater heal pots to get to day 9. At this point we don't know enough about the hardiness of the new plants to know which could be left at day 7, imo. For the old plants, you'd probably be safe doing this with a snake plant or small palm, but I wouldn't try with a campion or poppies - would only stop tending those on day 8.

L

Lady Katherine

I know this is not as special as everyone's mystery seeds that have been springing up, but as I have not seen anyone else post a cocoa tree yet I thought I would post a picture of mine that sprung up today thanks to fertile soil.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm reconsidering my post above about the day 7-9 issue. If the plant is vibrant on day 7, and you don't tend, it could fall to healthy state on day 8. If you don't tend again it could fall to wilted state - but will it be a day 9-wilted plant that could be deco'd, or a day 8-wilted plant that needs greater heals to progress to day 9? I don't know the answer at the moment...does anyone know the answer to this?

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm reconsidering my post above about the day 7-9 issue. If the plant is vibrant on day 7, and you don't tend, it could fall to healthy state on day 8. If you don't tend again it could fall to wilted state - but will it be a day 9-wilted plant that could be deco'd, or a day 8-wilted plant that needs greater heals to progress to day 9? I don't know the answer at the moment...does anyone know the answer to this?
I usually keep them vibrant until day 8 hits. I don't water them for day 9. On day 9 they usually drop to healthy and I deco them. I don't think we can deco wilted plants.

D

debsmad

Hmm. Yeah, that does suck if hops-south/east count as two, and if cypress-plain/mossy count as two. :(

Maybe there are just some really rare ones that haven't popped up yet? One can hope. lol