• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My experience hunting for sigils

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SPOILERS - I DON'T FIND IT - SPOILERS

My challenge stands, I would like to see someone post here saying they love how stealing works in Vice vs Virtue.

In Factions a thief could literally save the day by sneaking into an enemy base and resetting a sigil. Here you wander around aimlessly and turn a trinket into an NPC (which you also have to find).

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again I think you make good points just they get missed in some of the negativity. I can help you with sigils if you want, message me here or on icq: 96629882

This may or may not interest you.... I am adding context to VvV for Origin shard.... Making points mean something at least in an rp sense... I keep a list of "Virtue", "Vice" and "Independent guilds", add the total score of Virtue, add the total score for Vice and subtract. If the resulting number is negative, the shard is "Descending into Vice" and if positive "Ascending towards Virtue".

Points basically equate to how well you towns you are winning. The higher the score the more towns you have won. I update it every Monday if you want to take a look.

http://community.stratics.com/threads/vice-vs-virtue-updated-from-start-of-war-11-24-14.322929/

Lore's Player

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you mean there is some trick to finding them I am missing? Please post it here then so we can all find sigils.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you mean there is some trick to finding them I am missing? Please post it here then so we can all find sigils.
Not so much a trick but here is what I have found that can help....

Sigils spawn in set locations in the towns, once you find one, it helps you find the others. Check the locations you know first, then move on to other parts of the town. Start in small towns like Skara, Occlo, etc as opposed to big ones like Yew, Brit or Trinsic.

Most towns have 4 sigil locations but some seem to only have 3.

Being stealthed will buy you time to search because you will not count towards occupation. Sigils will spawn in the same location consecutively unlike altars so always check the places you know first.

Most towns will take you 2-3 times through to find locations, big ones like Yew, Trinsic, and Brit might take a few more.

Hope this helps,

Lore's Player

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that makes things easy if they only spawn in set locations.

One of the towns I did try was Skara Brae. But I only searched the roads because I thought it was more random.

Sexy Nerd

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Can Someone PLEASE post the locations of the sigils I havent been able to find any at all, Does deect hidden work passivly or do I have to run around spamming it? I tried both neither seem to work

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Detect Hidden does work passively. But I don't know what the range is, it might only be 2-3 tiles.

One location in Britain is at the archways to that passage under the central wall that leads to the entrance to the Britain sewers. It was right in the middle of that stone room. I have never found another location for the sigil.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been looking for the last week or so and have managed to only find.. 2 brit, 2 glow, 1 ocllo, 1 yew, 1 minoc, 2 skara.. Honestly this system had to be something tossed in at the last min just to keep us happy