• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Early Years

Phoebe Nox

Journeyman
Possibly many wonders why I am who I am, and what I am. As a Child My Mother was "a Lady of the Night" is what I always heard from my Gran-Pappy. I barely even remember my mother, she left me with my Grandparents when I was very small, my Grandparents lived in the depths of the swamp. As many think people residing within the swamps are crazy, well perhaps that is slightly right. I was lucky enough to have Grand Parents that could take me in, could you imagine where I could have been had I was just dumped on the streets? I could have become "a Lady of the Night" as well. Thankfully I had my Gran Pappy to raise me. Me-Maw, as I grew older, I called her Granny, never left the swamp much, she could always be found near the family hut conjuring concoctions to sell at the markets. Gran-Pappy would box them all up and take me with him to sell them at Market. The majority of people would just curl their smug noses and walk on past our booth, but the magical people would stop and rummage through our items, asking for things uncommon to find in the city. Jars of Toads warts and newts' eyeballs were a common site in my world. So, I did not quite understand the curled-up noses of the wealthy at market.

Our family was poor, somewhat uneducated, and we worked very hard for what we had. Even if we did not have much, we were still happy. There were no schools in the swamps and the city was not an easy route to walk every day, so I learned to read and write from the knowledge my Grandparent could teach, which I might say was not extensive. However, I got by with what I had and learned much of concoctions from Me-Maw. Pappy would hunt alligators in the swamp for dinner and we ate gator for most every meal. Mmm Alligator kabobs was my favorite dish.

As I grew older so too did my Grandparents. Granny grew feeble and could barely even step out of the house. Her talent in concoctions had been taught to me so now I was the one boiling up these remedies outside in the caldron and Pappy still hunted gators.

Long story short that is the makings of Me !