• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] My Collection (some may be added later)

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey guys and gals!

Here is a list of some of my items. Any interest out there?
I'm not 100% on my intent here, but if I head this direction, I might just have an auction at my house versus moving all this to another shard.

Let's discuss.

Season 7
Catskills:

Sash Made of Sea Siren Scales (25)
A Bottle of Marsh Ale (~8)
An Ethereal Daemon's Axe Of Acuity (1)
Sword Made From The Bones Of The Pitlord (Long Sword) (4)

Season 8
Catskills:

Bottled Spirit Of A Lesser Minion Of Arkanin (6)
Bottled Spirit Of Arkinin's Elite Minion (6)
Inside The Bottle You See A Bloody Face Gnashing Its Teeth - The Trapped Souls Of Arkinin (4)
The Book Of The Damned (Blue Hued Spellbook) (1)
The Butcher's Knife, Stained Red With Blood (Bright Red) (1)

I Participated In the Epic Boat Battle On Catskills (Tricorne Hat) (25)
Serrated Iron Blade Stained With Fey Blood (4)
An Enchanted Satyr Lute (5)
Catskills Irish Stout (75)
Catskills Green Beer (75)
Kasaven's Ashmoss Ale (25)
Cernunnos' Special Irish Stout (25)
A Wizard's Hat Recovered During The Rescue Of Giri Ui. (100s) (*)
The Bloody Hat Of The Undead Captain Blackheart (1)
An Axe Of Pirate Slaying +4 (4)
A Soggy Surcoat Recovered From a Pirates Victim (4)
A Signed Contract Offering 500,000 Gold For The Execution Of Abe Dering (Open Book) (1)
A Blood Soaked Axe Designed To Decapitate Heads (6)
The Sash Of Ilhenir's Blood Guard, The Apparition (1)
Doom Prophecies of Kaltivel (Orange Necro Book) (5)
Relvinian's Staff, Covered In Daemon Markings. (5)
A Crate Imbued With Mysterious Properties (4) I have 2 of these left
Catskills Frostfine Ale (?)
A Guard Against Those That Go Bump In The Night (lantern) (5)
Happy Halloween Catskills (lantern) (10)
I Made It Through The Catskills PvM Competition With At Least One Limb (Sash) (12)
A Bell Painted By Santa's Elves (?)
Santa's Sour Milk, Left Out From Last Christmas [Catskills 2010] (?)
Christmas Rocks For The Naughty List [Catskills 2010] (?)
Fresh Chocolate Pie Baked By Ms. Claus (?)
Hat Of The Holiday Hooligan (10)
Sack Of Present Purloining (6)
Complete Catskills Stag Item Set + extras

Mesanna’s Catskills Items:

Cat Nip (Pink) (1)
Void Rock (1)
Frost Grapes (1)
Void Grapes (1)
Cat's Final Resting Place (void coffin) (1)

Midnight Silk (dress) (31)

Non-Catskills Items:

North half of East facing Marble Table SOLD TO FRIEND SHUSHU :)
I Died Playing Mesanna’s Roulette (full apron)
I Got Killed By Mesanna and All I Got Was This Cake (neon red and void cake)
I Wasn’t Fast Enough To Escape Mesanna’s Wraith (tangle blue fur boots)
I Wasn’t Fast Enough To Escape Mesanna’s Wrath (tangle blue fur boots) (Correct “wrath” spelling)
Pirate Boots
A Trapped Soul (valorite lantern)
Irish Whiskey
A Bottle Of Elderberry Wine
I Stole This! Necklace, Dye Tub, Lantern, Robe
A Tattered Mercerian Cloak
Vid De Pri-Tas Earned By The Britannian Royal Spies (Ice Blue Talisman)
I Fought In The Oceania PVP Tourney! (blue doublet)
Rubble pants (100 stone)
Happy Halloween Atlantic 2009 (shirt)
I was Part of The Cove Militia That Destroyed the Tome of Curses (Shirt)
Cupids Carapace (shirt)
You Survived The Luna Great Lakes Revert 2009 (Shirt)
Royal Sand Miner (sash)
Gladiator Of Malas (sash)
Tome Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (zog green open book)
Enhanced Tome Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (void necro book, 100 max charge runebook)
Seer made Roleplaying book, small square OLD book graphic
Magic Bow, Blessed, stolen from guard 50 Fireball, Self Repair 10 +more
Gold, Purple, and Blue Wrapping Paper
COMPLETE Marble Plate Suit with Red Halberd
Granny’s Cranberry Sauce (10) (+10 Cooking while in house, w/ access rights)
“You Find A Note Written In Blood, A Horizontal Line On Top: The Devil’s Bond” (red certficate)
A Pitcher Of Ice Cold Water
Clainin’s Spellbook
Bloody Bandage
Bribe For Santa
Dear Santa, Is It Too Late To Be Good? (yellow scroll)
Red and green Christmas Ribbons
Winter Provisions
Red and green Reindeer Boots
Paragon Chest Recovered From Abscess (1)
Your Soul! (white spinning hourglass)
Complete set of Cursed Arties
Partisan of Chaos (sash)
Member Of The Legion Of Chaos (sash)
Happy Easter Origin 2009 (monochromatic)
Happy Easter 2009! [Lake Austin] (black, one small neon fleck)
MANY other rare eggs
24 of 31 Catskills Easter Carrots (+5 doubles, includes “Rare Collector” carrot, [blackrock infected] and “dripping w/ blood” carrots)
Full Set of Old Pagan Necro Reagents (extra Dragon’s Blood)
Cleverly, Adeptly, Expertly Ilshenar Artifact Rarity 0 T-Maps
Pink Lemon
Pure White Apple “Arirang”
Pure Fire Peach “Arirang”
Happy Halloween! It’s Full! (pumpkin that’s full?)
Hole (will shoot REAL, damaging flame strikes when locked down)

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I would be interested in a lot.

Once you are sure your selling/auctioning I'll make offers/place bids.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you are not quitting as you have made a name for yourself as the Catskills Rares Community over the years.

If you do there are items I would be interested in.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa... wait a minute here.... where do you think you are going?

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks to everyone that has sent PM or Icq message.

I really have made so many good friends in the Rares Collecting.

My real life has finally gotten to hectic. I am the GM of my guild on Catskills and when I am online, I want to be with my guild... NOT running all over the other shards to EM events for pixels.

I have truly enjoyed it, but I think it's time to end it. Manticore is right, I have tried to create the best "shard specific" museum that I could. Currently, I own 35% of the items that the EMs have made for my home shard, and I think that is a fine accomplishment.

Many have asked about early buyouts etc. I was testing the waters now really, so if you feel like there is something you can't live without, go ahead and let me know. I am in no rush, and since I'm not quitting, I may just have an uber auction on Catskills in the coming weeks.

I'll get to the icq messages as I can, there have been a lot, so please have patience with me getting back to you :)

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to hear you are staying. You dont have to sell out. Just stop collecting. Anyway if you are hell bent on unloading it all, lets talks about "renting" the collection to someone you could get it back from should you ever get the itch again. :)

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Much interest here in ALOT of these especially that void rock :drool:
If an auction will take place count me in :thumbsup:

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the Void Rock.... yeah.

Well, I have gotten the most responses about that one. I'm not sure how to handle that beast.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad to hear you are staying. You dont have to sell out. Just stop collecting. Anyway if you are hell bent on unloading it all, lets talks about "renting" the collection to someone you could get it back from should you ever get the itch again. :)
GHEED! That is a pretty "unique" Idea...

UO-Craigslist:
"Renting! Rares Museum on Catskills, in beautiful downtown Zento!"

hahahhahah

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all, if I had you on my list before, please re-add me to your ICQ if you would. New ICQ is 644572460. Thanks.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I have been overwhelmed by the number of people that have PM or ICQ'd me...

But not by the "I want this or that" messages.

So many of you have sent me kind words today, its unbelievable. Despite a few bad apples that are scammers, we really do have an impressive group of people here. Thanks for the kind words today, it was unexpected...

I have opened my house up. Ive taken down alot of the "deco", tables, etc. and laid out the items on the floor for easy viewing.

Please take your time, look thru the items.

I have been listening to alot of great offers today, including one that would keep the majority of the Catskills items on the shard. Since this is the last hurrah for me, I think it's best that I not "package" anything together, but simply listen to offers on individual items.

I have an inkling that what is going to happen is this:

In about 2/3 weeks, I'll have an auction for any items that I have not sold. I will not take any outside items, but I believe that I have enough to warrant an auction just with my items.

Any thoughts?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you say 2-3 weeks you will auction up items that have not sold does that mean you will be selling items now? If so which ones? There are lots of silent bids going on right now and I am anxious about loosing on an item because I got out bid by another silent bidder and would rather have it all in the open so I know what my odds are. Would you consider that?

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I don't think anyone would accuse me of "phantom" bidding for any of the items...

I'm a little "out of depth" on how exactly I want to do this Manti. I mean, I pretty clearly stated that I would listen to offers, IF anyone wanted to tempt me. That has turned into 20+ people submitting bids, and when someone asks me to let them know if anyone else bids, I have done my best to do that. Nothing is binding, nothing is set.

I'm still wrapping my head around the best way, I'm sorry if it doesn't suit you. But I'm winging it until I know exactly how I'll work this.

If I hold EVERYTHING for a live auction on Catskills, how many of you think my collection is worth transfering over for?

S

shulginist

I know you said you have been busy so this might not even be an option but why not pack up the items you want to sell and head to chessy with them. Once there I think you would have more interest and offers then you would on cats and more collectors have gold there as well in comparison to cats and they wouldn't have to make a special xfer to you.

Just tossing that out there, I know it is a lot of work but I believe you would get more bang for the buck goldwise if you did.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VERY true. But I also think this might be a bit larger deal than anyone was expecting...

does that make sense?

For example, I dont think anyone has "void rock" type money on Chessy right now, but they sure might if they had a couple weeks notice....

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I don't think anyone would accuse me of "phantom" bidding for any of the items...

I'm a little "out of depth" on how exactly I want to do this Manti. I mean, I pretty clearly stated that I would listen to offers, IF anyone wanted to tempt me. That has turned into 20+ people submitting bids, and when someone asks me to let them know if anyone else bids, I have done my best to do that. Nothing is binding, nothing is set.

I'm still wrapping my head around the best way, I'm sorry if it doesn't suit you. But I'm winging it until I know exactly how I'll work this.

If I hold EVERYTHING for a live auction on Catskills, how many of you think my collection is worth transferring over for?
That's not what I meant. I was afraid that when I travel I don't have access to icq so can't get updates and don't want to loose out because of that.

And please don't do live auction because again if I can't be there I would miss out and I don't want to do that.

S

shulginist

VERY true. But I also think this might be a bit larger deal than anyone was expecting...

does that make sense?

For example, I dont think anyone has "void rock" type money on Chessy right now, but they sure might if they had a couple weeks notice....
Honestly if that were my item nobody would have void rock type money. I will probably **** at least 5+ people off here but if I would you I would keep that. Like you said you aren't quitting and if I were in your shoes that would be one item I wouldn't part with until I did.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's not what I meant. I was afraid that when I travel I don't have access to icq so can't get updates and don't want to loose out because of that.

And please don't do live auction because again if I can't be there I would miss out and I don't want to do that.

Oh, I see. Well, I am not going to sale anything that is currently being bid on "abruptly". In fact, any items that have bids on them now, I will not sale unless I have told ALL active bidders of the new high bid. Every active bidder will get a chance to counter-bid. Even if I don't speak to you for a day+..

I really like the idea of a live auction. Everyone please post your opinion on that.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly if that were my item nobody would have void rock type money. I will probably **** at least 5+ people off here but if I would you I would keep that. Like you said you aren't quitting and if I were in your shoes that would be one item I wouldn't part with until I did.
I have had quite a few ppl say "you should keep the Void Rock"... trust me.

I do have a few items that I am holding on to. Believe it or not, one of my favorite items is the "Magic War Hammer" throne... i just flat love it :p

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just so everyone knows what Manticore is refering to, I have over 6 Billion in bids just thru icq and PM.... and that is ppl that are "tempting me". There are quite a few that have said they were waiting a few days to see how stuff shakes out...

It is a daunting task to sale a collection of this size. But trust me, I want to do what is right, and will be fully transparent when all the chips are on the table.

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lykor,

You have been more than fair on dealings with me in the past (as well as generous) and I know whatever you decide will be fair to most everyone. As I said, most everyone because, you will not be able to please all of us. There will be a couple that feel they didn't get treated right, based on the outcome.

In my opinion, the most fair way to me, seems to be the Silent Auction, that has been set up on Chesapeake the last several Rares' Fests. People can view the item, see any info on the item as well and then place bids. Everything is fair, because you get to see the opening bid, any reserve, what the bid amounts are, and who you are bidding against. You set the auction up for a group of items at a time and for a specified period of time. There are a lot of us (Rares' Collectors') that play on different shards, different time zones, and have different schedules. I for one can't make it to many of the Events because I dedicate the time they are scheduled to be with my family. I most likely would not be able to attend a live auction, as many others may not be able to either. Bidding on Stratics is too time consuming; having to wade thru all the other posts to get to the end and it is more work for you Lykor, updating all the bids, including the bids that come thru ICQ and PMs.

That's my 2 bits on the subject. NOW, I am interested in a lot of the items that you have. I would only be really shooting for one or two items to include for my Museum on Pacific. I certainly do not have 'Void Ball Gold', nor will I ever, unless I open the billfold and that is forbidden! :wall:

Lord Cortez of Avalon (Pacific)
:pint:

B

Beleth of Atlantic

If you could post the bids you've received here that would be amazing. As it stands I want to jump into this for a few items but do not know which are out of my league.

If that isn't possible I'll PM you on the weekend regarding the items I am interested in.

Thanks.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i don't think you should sell the void rock lykor! especially since you're not quitting. i think it's become sort of part of your character/personna :) when people think "humungous void rock" they think lykor! i can't really imagine anyone else possessing it. it's certainly unique in so many ways! you could design your new non-meseum house around your void rock, if you do end up selling everything else off. it would look superb sitting in the middle of a zento type garden, surrounded by viewing benches :)

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hey buddy im all for a silent auction or a live auction. i do see the point of a silent auction due to the fact alot of peoples schedules are sort of hectic and its hard to make an auction when ur out of town on work or something. Also with all those bids coming in, instead of having to get back with people to update on any bids it may be easier to post the high bid every now and then when u get a chance. Either way good luck on all this and i hope i will be around to bid on these items :)

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The merits of the silent auction are becoming apparent.

I love the adrenaline of a live auction folks, the one on Cats was fun and Xuri's at the GL Raresfest was epic, I would love to see a few of the uber items in that environment.... Oh well, maybe the silent is best though.

NDM!...well, you make a convincing argument for keeping the Void Rock. I even have nicknamed it. I call it my "asteroid"....

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having silent auction is fine. The only thing I would suggest is requiring the bidder to put icq or some sort of an identifier. I know you are 100%honest but in a silent auction you are not in control. I've ran into situations before where malnevalent players would bid for no reason other than just to see the price of the item driven up with no intention of ever buying and laugh and brag about it later.

Thanks,

L

LionUWF

Just been to take a look at this void rock.....

If you do decide to sell it, I have my first born child on the way, and im sure i can survive with one less arm and leg. and ill throw in every beer id otherwise drink between now and 10years from this day.. except the one im holding and the one ill be holding after this one.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like the idea of a silent auction too. although manti you bring up some good points. tough call!
lykor: asteroid is a perfect nickname for that rock! especially with the impending-doomness of it's spinning nature.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having silent auction is fine. The only thing I would suggest is requiring the bidder to put icq or some sort of an identifier. I know you are 100%honest but in a silent auction you are not in control. I've ran into situations before where malnevalent players would bid for no reason other than just to see the price of the item driven up with no intention of ever buying and laugh and brag about it later.

Thanks,
I wouldnt be too concerned with players bidding to drive up the price. I would assume that the bid for many of these items are already jaw-dropping. Anyone trying artificially inflate the price risks a very strong chance of being left holding the bag. Plus I dont think Lykor is a "two in the bush" kind of guy. Anyone suspect would most likely be putting down a substantial deposit to secure their bid.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just been to take a look at this void rock.....

If you do decide to sell it, I have my first born child on the way, and im sure i can survive with one less arm and leg. and ill throw in every beer id otherwise drink between now and 10years from this day.. except the one im holding and the one ill be holding after this one.
I'm really embarrassed to have anyone at my house right now. Usually it's much better looking. But I thought it would make it easier to see stuff if all the extra deco was out...

Glad you found the Void Rock! One guy messaged me and said he couldn't FIND IT!!!!!!

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just visited and well it was abit more tidy and goodlooking last time.
Now it seems like an asteroid have hit the building...hey there it is and now it is chasing me.
:eyes:

A question.How to put an end time in a silent auction?
Stratics auction is like if any new bid you always have 5 min for contra bid.
That will be like what 24h in a silent auction?

Timezone will mess it up if the contra bid time is not long enough I think.

Regards
The Scandinavian

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just visited and well it was abit more tidy and goodlooking last time.
Now it seems like an asteroid have hit the building...hey there it is and now it is chasing me.
:eyes:

A question.How to put an end time in a silent auction?
Stratics auction is like if any new bid you always have 5 min for contra bid.
That will be like what 24h in a silent auction?

Timezone will mess it up if the contra bid time is not long enough I think.

Regards
The Scandinavian
That is easy, you don't give a end time. You give a ending on this day sometime. People will either put it out there if they want it or risk losing it.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're the second person that has said that number to me.... hmmmm.

I think it's a conspiracy.

G

Gunga_Din

Ok, final offer 30 bil. Forget the rest of these noobs. I'll give you 24 hrs to accept or i'll offer nada :)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol gunga, really though if you sold your collection for 30 billion gold and were not planning to buy rares any longer, what could you possibly use 30 billion for? everything in game that isnt a rare is dirt cheap

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would buy everyone in my guild snazzy LT sashes.

Duh.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want an LT sash :/. Or maybe just a cool one of a kind robe or somethin. Do alliance members get discounts on sexy items?