• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] My char crashes the game every time I try to log him in

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went shuffling through all my chars to get the valentines day gift on my shard, and one particular character crashes the game every single time I try to log him in. I last logged him in around the holidays for the thanksgiving and halloween items, and had no issues. All six of my other chars have logged in with no problems. I use the classic client. Is it possible that I've locked down/secured something in the spot he was last in, and that's why he can't log in? I know he was last logged out in my house. Five days ago I posted this in Tech forums, and got one response. Brought it up here in hopes that more see it and I can resolve this.

I tried installing and running the EC to see if I could log in that way, but after 3 complete installs, it refuses to work. Tried installing as admin and not, neither worked. Every time I run the patcher to start the game, I wait for the update, click "play" and either nothing at all happens, or I get a System Error message: "The program can't start because d3dx9_34.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem." Three complete installs and I keep getting this message! 45 minutes killed each time I try to install the game, I need Help Please! :wall:

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
find that file somewhere on your pc or download it from the web and put it on the game folder....

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wouldn't re-installing direct x fix that?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If I remember correctly uoi need to make sure you have dx 9

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly uoi need to make sure you have dx 9
I think you can install it with the installer of UO but it is not so strict implemented as it was. Also many people also i copy it from backup drive when reinstalling the pc and then if fresh installed you have to reinstall dx9.