• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Archer/Tamer Template

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I posted this in the warrior forums but I thought I should post it here instead.

I wanted to try something different and unique for a play style. I’m extremely happy with how this character performs and how fun it is to play. It’s not the most Uber solo template but my single target damage is very high and it’s great for solo content. It’s also a great character for group hunts and Roof.

100 Archery (120 with hunters headdress)
100 tactics (110 with talisman)
100 lore (115 with jewels)
90 taming (115 with jewels)
90 vet (100 with enhanced bandies)
100 hiding swapped for 100 anatomy for group content
90 chiv (120 with jewels)
50 bushido (this is so I can honor and use the weapon specials for the Yumi)

I use a full set of Slayer Yumis for max swing speed. I also use armor ignore periodically but unable to spam it with this build. Armor ignore gives a 10% damage bonus. Max chiv gives me max damage on EoO. With slayer, consecrate weapon, and EoO I’m able to reach max damage.

Heals are done through Chiv mostly. I usually hide first and then heal. The goal is to not take damage.

My pets are a classic Chiv/AI Cu and a giant beetle with RC/AI/poisoning. The RC helps a tremendous amount for increasing my ranged attacks.

I’ve debated on trying a 4 slot Rune Beetle so I could remain mounted and use Double Shot with the Yumi. Has anyone had success using a less than 5 slot pet?

I would highly suggest trying this style if you want something different as a Tamer. Feel free to critique or ask questions.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks good. You can get 5 more points with despicable quiver.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Looks good. You can get 5 more points with despicable quiver.
Good call! Didn’t even think of that. The extra 5 points could free up some weight on my jewels.

I’ve debated on dropping Tactics to 90 and getting to 100 with the talisman but it didn’t seem like a big gain going that route.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For what it's worth, I had an Archer/Tamer, but turned her ito a (Garg) Thrower/Tamer. Flying at mounted speed, with a 5 slot pet, seems to work pretty well, and with the pet being a 5 slot one, has "max" base damage.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi,

since I was young I always loved to create wierd things so in UO i knew i had to have the wierdest templates :)

Your build is fine and as far as you are using skills like hiding and Bushido (just for honoring in this case) but through the years
I figure out what i really want and what i really need on my tamer.

I was using Disco\Archer\Tamer, Necro\Archer\Tamer, Tamer\Thrower\Disco\Chiv, etc...
But my most favorite one is definitely the most awesome 4/6 Archer\Tamer\Spellweaver

Skills:
115 Archery - 5 Quiver
100 Tactics - free for more tactics when i get a better ring

120 Tame - real skill for mastery
120 ALore - real skill for mastery
25 Vet - 20 Vete ring, 20 Vete braclete, 15 Vete Fishing Pole, 10 Enhanted bandages (80 skill is needed for ress - can be 70 + 10 enh bandages - TESTED)

120 Chivalry
120 Spellweaving - real skill is a must

Archery and Tactics - damage and chance to hit - tactics can be lowered to 60 for special moves but i had spare points so i wanted to get more damage as bonus

Tame and ALore - get yourself 120 in real skill to be able to get most of Taming Masteries - Consume Damage and more stable slots are definitely the best option you want to run on this hybrid (Spellweaving mastery is worth for circle and while in lack of players to get to circle level 6)

Veterinary - just for ressing your pets.. get yourself some jewells and a nice fishing pole so you can lower your vete skill because ive rarely even used vete before - for most purposes i am using Gift Of Renewall/Gift Of Life and Close Wounds

Chivalry - with my 4/6 build Chivalry is my healing, remove curse, dispel evil, ress tool and damage boost so overall this is a must!! Ive created my suite while thinking about my skill set
so i ended up with just 30 HCI and 80 DMI on my equipment so i can fill the gap with Divine Fury - same with SSI on my weapons (with karma around 20K and 120 Chivalry your Divine Fury will give you 15 HCI, 20 DMI and 10 SSI for just -10 DCI penalty)

Spellweaving - Having 4 FC / 6 FCR with Spellweaving is just too good!! You have gift of life, renewall, WoD, storms, etc.. The versatility for just 120 skill is awesome!! And while in Wrait Form? low level spawns will just fall down so fast!!

IM ALWAYS HUMAN because of being able to use Wraith form with passive JoaT and get small mana regen bonus / damage boost from anatomy / other skills

Suit:
mostly crafted and the only noncrafted items Im using are - Mace and Shields, Quiver, Ozi Obi, HCI Boots, Conjurers Garb, Lieutenant Sash and Cameo.
Gloves, gorget, tunic and pants are crafted with - 10 Stamina 5 Dex, 8 LMC, 4 Int, 8 Mana/2 Mana regen - I have 2 parts with mana regen and 2 with extra mana.
Sleeves are my only legendary part

Im running +- 130 Str (115 Hp) , 150 Dex (211 Stam), 60 Int (90 Mana) with haxed out HCI, DMI, SSI, Resists (+75 all except Cold at this moment)

On my weapons Im usually using whetstone to have HML, SSI, HLA, FC, SLAYER/Hit Lightening
Im almost never using Stamina Leech since pet is tanking and if not i have 4FC and Divine Fury ;)

Fighting:
My tactic against any boss encounter is mostly the same.. Precast Gift of Life on me and my pet + Gift of Renewall and Consume Damage on pet just before Im attacking the encounter.
I mostly wait a few seconds so boss will hard focus my pet and not me then i just start an AI chain and since im in Wraith form Im almost never out of mana.
When im at some high end retargetting monster or some spawners (like Shadowguard) I can just swap my Bow for +mana regen weapon and shield and with all the mana regeneration i have i can sustain Consume Damage on my pet without loosing mana.

When im doing spawns im using Thunderstorm spam first two levels and Repeating Crossbow with Hit Area and Lightning to just doubleshooting everything.

For finishing hard and event monsters i can equip +49 SDI book and cast Arcane Empowerment to raise my SDI to the sky and bang bang my enemies with WoD worth of +- 600 damage

My most favorite pets for my archer are Cu Sidhe with Disco and Ossein Ram with Chiv/AI/Lifeleech - hard tanky pets that doesnt need healing and are a great damage dealers

For example i like to fight Lady Melisande with my Composite Bow that have - Hit Mana Drain, Hit Fatigue, Fey Slayer, 30 SSI, Hit Mana Leech - I will sent my pet on her with Consume Damage and start AI chain.
+- around 80% of her HP she runs out of stamina so even when she retarget to me she is slow and clumsy - at +- 60% of her HP she will run out of mana even with her huge mana pool thanks to Hit mana Draing and Wrait form.. No casting, no running.. just waiting to die :)

There are a lot of possible templates and I hope this will give you new ideas to work with
Sorry for my English and if the whole text is a bit confusing or messy - not my cup of tea :)

If youll need some help or something let me know and good luck!!

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

since I was young I always loved to create wierd things so in UO i knew i had to have the wierdest templates :)

Your build is fine and as far as you are using skills like hiding and Bushido (just for honoring in this case) but through the years
I figure out what i really want and what i really need on my tamer.

I was using Disco\Archer\Tamer, Necro\Archer\Tamer, Tamer\Thrower\Disco\Chiv, etc...
But my most favorite one is definitely the most awesome 4/6 Archer\Tamer\Spellweaver

Skills:
115 Archery - 5 Quiver
100 Tactics - free for more tactics when i get a better ring

120 Tame - real skill for mastery
120 ALore - real skill for mastery
25 Vet - 20 Vete ring, 20 Vete braclete, 15 Vete Fishing Pole, 10 Enhanted bandages (80 skill is needed for ress - can be 70 + 10 enh bandages - TESTED)

120 Chivalry
120 Spellweaving - real skill is a must

Archery and Tactics - damage and chance to hit - tactics can be lowered to 60 for special moves but i had spare points so i wanted to get more damage as bonus

Tame and ALore - get yourself 120 in real skill to be able to get most of Taming Masteries - Consume Damage and more stable slots are definitely the best option you want to run on this hybrid (Spellweaving mastery is worth for circle and while in lack of players to get to circle level 6)

Veterinary - just for ressing your pets.. get yourself some jewells and a nice fishing pole so you can lower your vete skill because ive rarely even used vete before - for most purposes i am using Gift Of Renewall/Gift Of Life and Close Wounds

Chivalry - with my 4/6 build Chivalry is my healing, remove curse, dispel evil, ress tool and damage boost so overall this is a must!! Ive created my suite while thinking about my skill set
so i ended up with just 30 HCI and 80 DMI on my equipment so i can fill the gap with Divine Fury - same with SSI on my weapons (with karma around 20K and 120 Chivalry your Divine Fury will give you 15 HCI, 20 DMI and 10 SSI for just -10 DCI penalty)

Spellweaving - Having 4 FC / 6 FCR with Spellweaving is just too good!! You have gift of life, renewall, WoD, storms, etc.. The versatility for just 120 skill is awesome!! And while in Wrait Form? low level spawns will just fall down so fast!!

IM ALWAYS HUMAN because of being able to use Wraith form with passive JoaT and get small mana regen bonus / damage boost from anatomy / other skills

Suit:
mostly crafted and the only noncrafted items Im using are - Mace and Shields, Quiver, Ozi Obi, HCI Boots, Conjurers Garb, Lieutenant Sash and Cameo.
Gloves, gorget, tunic and pants are crafted with - 10 Stamina 5 Dex, 8 LMC, 4 Int, 8 Mana/2 Mana regen - I have 2 parts with mana regen and 2 with extra mana.
Sleeves are my only legendary part

Im running +- 130 Str (115 Hp) , 150 Dex (211 Stam), 60 Int (90 Mana) with haxed out HCI, DMI, SSI, Resists (+75 all except Cold at this moment)

On my weapons Im usually using whetstone to have HML, SSI, HLA, FC, SLAYER/Hit Lightening
Im almost never using Stamina Leech since pet is tanking and if not i have 4FC and Divine Fury ;)

Fighting:
My tactic against any boss encounter is mostly the same.. Precast Gift of Life on me and my pet + Gift of Renewall and Consume Damage on pet just before Im attacking the encounter.
I mostly wait a few seconds so boss will hard focus my pet and not me then i just start an AI chain and since im in Wraith form Im almost never out of mana.
When im at some high end retargetting monster or some spawners (like Shadowguard) I can just swap my Bow for +mana regen weapon and shield and with all the mana regeneration i have i can sustain Consume Damage on my pet without loosing mana.

When im doing spawns im using Thunderstorm spam first two levels and Repeating Crossbow with Hit Area and Lightning to just doubleshooting everything.

For finishing hard and event monsters i can equip +49 SDI book and cast Arcane Empowerment to raise my SDI to the sky and bang bang my enemies with WoD worth of +- 600 damage

My most favorite pets for my archer are Cu Sidhe with Disco and Ossein Ram with Chiv/AI/Lifeleech - hard tanky pets that doesnt need healing and are a great damage dealers

For example i like to fight Lady Melisande with my Composite Bow that have - Hit Mana Drain, Hit Fatigue, Fey Slayer, 30 SSI, Hit Mana Leech - I will sent my pet on her with Consume Damage and start AI chain.
+- around 80% of her HP she runs out of stamina so even when she retarget to me she is slow and clumsy - at +- 60% of her HP she will run out of mana even with her huge mana pool thanks to Hit mana Draing and Wrait form.. No casting, no running.. just waiting to die :)

There are a lot of possible templates and I hope this will give you new ideas to work with
Sorry for my English and if the whole text is a bit confusing or messy - not my cup of tea :)

If youll need some help or something let me know and good luck!!
Very cool template!! I've always loved UO because of the ability to make totally hybrid templates. This is the template i've been waiting for since I've never played a tamer. I love the 4/6 Chiv/SPW synergy and couldnt figure out a way to use it on a tamer until I saw this post. Thanks much! Now I just have to figure out all this new taming stuff!

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Very cool template!! I've always loved UO because of the ability to make totally hybrid templates. This is the template i've been waiting for since I've never played a tamer. I love the 4/6 Chiv/SPW synergy and couldnt figure out a way to use it on a tamer until I saw this post. Thanks much! Now I just have to figure out all this new taming stuff!
Ou great to hear that!! I loved archer tamers since Necro Tamer was a thing in Doom :) But you know its not possible to get necro and be able to cast 4/6 chiv spells effectively anymore..

If you ever had any questions dont hesitate to PM me :)