• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My account was not auto-renewed! PLEASE HELP!

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

My account for one reason or another was not auto renewed as it should have been. This has been a miserable experience. I went to Origins website and logged in to pay for a new month. Upon clicking Payment and Shipping, I received an error message saying "Oops! The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later." This message has appeared for the last 3 days, and I cannot pay for a new month! I then tried purchasing a one month game time, and I receiving a message saying I violated the terms of service agreement! What?!? I never violated anything. The only thing violated here is my patience!

I own a castle, and have been playing Ultima Online for over 7 years. I am extremely concerned my castle will fall as apparently this occurred on December 6th (I took a week or two off and did not realize my account was deactivated). I do not understand how this could have happened. I tried contacting [email protected] and they have no responded! I tried contacting Origin/EA and they cant do anything, and they have been extremely rude and unhelpful! They say its the people at UO who are responsible for such inquiries. Why am I not receiving any help???

Can someone please help? Please? Please? This is URGENT - as I mentioned my castle might fall! I have spent countless hours acquiring the castle and its contents! PLEASE HELP!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What shard? When was the last time you were logged into game? Has your card expired? Do you have any e mails from EA... check your junk box too.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What shard? When was the last time you were logged into game? Has your card expired? Do you have any e mails from EA... check your junk box too.

The last time I logged into the game was late November. My card has not expired, and I have not received any emails from EA. My junk box is empty.

I am thoroughly disappointed with the lack of help from EA/Origin. I have called, live chatted and emailed them with no luck. EA claims that they do not have access to UO account information and cannot do a single thing.

Bonnie Armstrong posted this message in early December:

I wanted to touch base with you guys to explain the reason some of your accounts did not auto renew as they should have. There was an issue in the system that was corrected and the accounts that were/are set up for auto renewal are being processed at this time. You should not have to do anything to your account. The process is checking back to approx the later part of November to make sure nothing is over looked so please give it a day or two. If your account does not auto renewal in the next day or two then please contact us so we can make sure this issue is fixed.

Does this have anything to do with it? I imagine it does. This seems like a serious problem. I love UO, and hate to complain, but seriously for a game that charges a monthly fee you would think there would be better customer service when it comes to account reactivation.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, don't worry about the castle, it won't start to decay until the account has been inactive for 90 days.
Second, you mentioned 'payment and shipping' that would be to buy gametime from Origin, but your account should have auto renewed on a credit card?
If this is the case try following the instructions on this guide, remove and re-enter your credit card information.
http://uo2.stratics.com/technical-information/account-management
Third For an alternative source of gametime codes
http://www.paybycash.com/uo/codelist.php
Finally, if all else fails email [email protected] for help from Mesanna

Last edited:

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First, don't worry about the castle, it won't start to decay until the account has been inactive for 90 days.
Second, you mentioned 'payment and shipping' that would be to buy gametime from Origin, but your account should have auto renewed on a credit card?
If this is the case try following the instructions on this guide, remove and re-enter your credit card information.
http://uo2.stratics.com/technical-information/account-management
Third For an alternative source of gametime codes
http://www.paybycash.com/uo/codelist.php
Finally, if all else fails email [email protected] for help from Mesanna

Thank you very much for letting me know that about my castle! I now feel as though I can wait for a response from UO without the anxiety of knowing my castle may have already fallen. I will contact Mesanna if [email protected] does not get back to me. Sorry for the frustrated responses I've been posting. Its just upsetting that a game I love and will always love has no clear support other than a single email address with a 72 hour wait for a response period (I just found that out).

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This exact thing has happened to many players as which I'm afraid has happened to another Player I knew Micart's Fel museum houses fell last night there seems to be a lot of Houses Not renewing that are museums or are valuable ..Make me wonder What is going on I know Gm's have the power to decay Houses a friend of mine lost his Museum house & it had over 800 bil worth of rares in it ..Was Lucians 18x18 Above Tram Brit swamp Desert area, His credit card was fine, as he had another house on same account & it didn't decay he had not logged in over 9 months. The new Account server system seems to be more problems than the old one that was not broken. YOu might try emailing Mesanna & telling her. Her email is [email protected] You might want to make a 14 day free account run to you castle with a sextant (buy them from npc tinker/ provisioner & get the coordinates from under your sign & put those with shard, Char owner's name in the email to her. might have to email her few times a day as I figure she gets a few thousand emails a day

Last edited: