• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My 18x18 custom house build, design.

PenNPaper

Visitor
Hi I originally was looking for a stone keep but could not find a lot to place one. So I settled on an 18x18. So put up a shell for a few days and then finally after thinking for a few days came up with a design with input from posted forum pics which gave me an idea for a balcony. I also thought up a neat door layout also. I still need to design the interior though. The bottom right will be a craft shop and small chest room. I have trees and a cliff face just outside of the pic.

HouseMod2.jpg

PenNPaper

Visitor
First real Interior design and mods so far. I am having problems trying to get chairs to face a certain way and some issues with placing items where I want to put them. I might mod the first floor bar to make it a bit smaller and add a few tables. Third floor is just about done might change the chairs by the fireplace though. Second floor needs major work and have to figure out how to make a library that looks ok. Also will add a vault room with chests and need to add another area to the second floor.

Any design suggestions greatly appreciated.

: Fireplace idea came from a Ultima Online custom house google picture search.

Pics so far.

first-floorMod.jpg secondfloorMod.jpg 3rdfloorMod.jpg

Attachments

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks good so far!

Must of the time you can use "An interior decorator" to turn, raise and lower items.
If you're having problems placing items, the old trick with a pouch and axe seems to work most of the time - You place the item in an empty pouch in your backpack and the use an axe to destroy the pouch, this will make the item drop where your character stands. Sometimes this doesnt work and you have to place the pouch on the floor where you want the item, and then axe the pouch (Its often easier to place a pouch a than some of the furniture).