• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mutant Plant Question... yeah.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asking about colored vanilla plants a couple months ago... and it was solved despite the nasty comments. I've nearly made a complete collection of all 12 colors with 2 pending... maybe. Should be a complete collection soon enough.

I saved the pages that talked about the mutant plants... but I just cant seam to find or re-locate the page. I asked the most helpful person that answered me... but I havnt gotten a response so I thought it was time to see if anyone knew that information page in question.

It is NOT the chart/scale that shoes what normal seed mixes with what... to get normal plants.

:) I have all the seeds that can be generated by the standard means... and collected, non-reproducing, from monsters.

It was an odd combination of 2 types of plants that gave a random(ish) collection of seeds... that gave the vanilla seeds. I did see the other mutants on the same page. The 4-barrel cacti. The spider tree. And both directions of hops. This is what I'm after. More or less... if anyone has bright red hops, in both directions, perhaps PM me? :D All of these things regenerate seeds, BUT do not allow any more crossings... just like they spawn off the monsters.

Honestly, these new lands with the dinos, tigers, dragon turtle and so on... I saw seeds on kills... but was VERY disappointed they didnt turn out to be new plants. I think we are long overdue.

So... please... if you know this page I speak? Or know the answer... feel free to respond or PM me.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also of note: We can get new plants from that wheelbarrow thing. I don't know if anyone has listed all the kinds that can be gotten. Some of them are really nice, too.
(Rare from me) Kudos for the wheelbarrow thing to the designer(s) and artist(s).

Finally, funky color plants can be grown from the seeds given by the Naturalist Quest.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GREAT! I think thats the page I was looking for. Just not sure if you can cross 4-barrels with Spiders... I'll investigate.

Yes. I know all about the barrels. I have a few dozen, and from a few other shards. 1x a week. Sells poorly, but I really love being able to dye the Foxglove flowers (plant dye) as you would see in nature. I still say there is room for other plants, from seeds... like the 4 sets from before. Tall hedges, short hedges... foxglove. :) Seams people far prefer them, even now, then the new ones.

I also know... you get the odd rare color, from birth, of these new plants. Just, its impossible to sell them.

I also have done and know all about the quests. Personally, I dont like colored plants. (Like all over full color). I like natural plants/landscaping. Those always turn in to dyes. Again, no one is paying for the raw plant vs. double market for the dyes. So, why would you sell them for half as much? Its quite silly how the market has changed... but thats UO for you. hehe

Just, with people choosing different type themes for their homes... like forest, desert, swamp... there is no artic anything, less you go with the white plants. Something new from seed may be a little good for a change. Just saying.

I totally love the newer artwork... mainly, classic... ONE big thing I would totally LOVE to see is tiles of dirt. Just like you see grass, snow, and the newer sand. What if you dont want a swamp full time... there is no swamp tile, less the one that bubbles... and they are hard to find. Dirt... you could do different seasonal changes (like I put up a corn field in the late summer, early fall). Or for your garden, so you can change it without wrecking the house. Never mind the castles and keeps that cant have customs. Another reason I dont like those contest ones. You cant personalize it, its not custom. ;)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I appear to have both directions of bright red hops, but no way of getting them to you.

I don't remember what I bred to get them, but I think it was consistent with that forgotten/lost page, whose information was copied by the pages I linked above.

If you look at the links up there, they include instructions for getting some of the strange and wonderful things.
Cactus x Cactus = Spider Tree
Cactus x Spider Tree = Hops (East)
Spider Tree x Hops (East) = Hops (South)

I looked for color charts online and found them all to be incomplete. Someone should finish those.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the big mystery.

hehe. I had looked up your home shard... I know I have someone with all shields that may help... but you are on the one totally cut off.

Thats the thing with the chart. The 4-barrel cacti x 4-barrel cacti... how do you even get the 4-barrel cacti IN color to cross to get the spider? hehe

Same thing with the spider.

It almost feels like someone deleted a step or something. :)

I have had a lot of luck getting colors from the chart... so far. Its a bit "limited"... but when the crosses fail... try, try again.