• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Must people really spam spells repeatedly at Brit bank?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Basically what the topic title says... And for a few of them they're AFK casting for hours at a time... Maybe this is only a problem on Great Lakes, I don't know, but can we get a suppression field or something? (no spells but recall, sacred journey, gate travel, can still talk to spam items)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope it's a problem at Luna Bank on Baja too. Not sure why they can't do it in their own houses or even away from others. *shrugs*

Ori

P

prison bound

no one has to do anything at the bank, or at luna. you dont have to be there... they dont have to be there...

J

Joyous2K

Basically what the topic title says... And for a few of them they're AFK casting for hours at a time... Maybe this is only a problem on Great Lakes, I don't know, but can we get a suppression field or something? (no spells but recall, sacred journey, gate travel, can still talk to spam items)
Well... I do it at the bank, and I try to stay out of the way of the salesmen, near the top, but so I can see the sales and witty dialog. I do it because I hate gaining skills in say... magery, spellweaving, necro, chiv.... I am afk in that I am not really watching UO or playing it in anyway, but I leave enough of it up to read the dialog and things. If somethinginterests me and I am not too distracted I will chime in, else I just let it roll and gain my skill.

So... I need the skill points to play in the sandbox... but I don't want to be isolated from the rest of the community, so I do both and try to avoid getting in the way of the active salesmen.

That is a reasonable explanation, right? Please don't nerf social skill gain. Some of the rude people you don't like may not know they are being annoying standing right in the middle of the sales area spamming. Party them and let them know. If you party with them, they are less likely to get bent out of shape. Just ask them to move out of the prime spam areas.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't like ignoring people that are in my guild/alliance, or people that I'm friends with, and they do it fairly often.

G

greatpumpkinator

If you are sure that they are AFK...then page on them. If they are there spamming spells, and not AFK...they have every right to do so, just as much as you have the right to leave.

Sounds rude and mean...but you can't require people to go to specific places to train. They're paying the same fees you are. Either ignore them, or leave.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are sure that they are AFK...then page on them. If they are there spamming spells, and not AFK...they have every right to do so, just as much as you have the right to leave.

Sounds rude and mean...but you can't require people to go to specific places to train. They're paying the same fees you are. Either ignore them, or leave.
I have paged on them... It's the exact same thing that happens to any other scripter in UO. (not a damn thing)

B

butthead owns

well if you dont like it use the filter to block them you wont see the spell from them no more or the words from them then when you feel like seeing it clear your filter lol

B

butthead owns

well this is why uoassit owns if you look on the comon tab you can pick to block most of these thing so you dont have to hear it if it bother you but how do you expect them to gain skill and enter act with other if they cant do these things comon wake up i do get bored reading these crying posts why dont you all just learn how to play this game and stop crying over other trying to work skills and get better whats next you all just want them to start out 120ed every skill so you dont have to see or hear it if you dont like it leave or page a gm that will never show if you havent noticed when you page for a gm now they dont even respond to you i had a real issue with s chratcer statue that wont redeed and th reason is now you have to use same player the built it to redeed it which i found out after 28 pages for a gm i didnt even get one reply or an auto reply i just had to turnon the acctthat i had off to redeed the staue whch was lame but if u think on it you can figure most anything out

Z

Zodiac19

Nope it's a problem at Luna Bank on Baja too. Not sure why they can't do it in their own houses or even away from others. *shrugs*

Ori
The reason they cannot do it in their house is they will time out. Unless you actually move your char or there is movement detected around you you will time out. The game does not detect spellcasting or skills as you doing something in the world and you will get the "You have been idle too long and will be logged off" message.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason they cannot do it in their house is they will time out. Unless you actually move your char or there is movement detected around you you will time out. The game does not detect spellcasting or skills as you doing something in the world and you will get the "You have been idle too long and will be logged off" message.
Which, of course, wouldn't matter if the player was ACTUALLY AT THEIR COMPUTER LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

You can do it in your house without timing out by adding any speech line to the macro.

You can also change the length of time speech stays on the screens so that only one thing appears above their head.

Though to answer what was asked, they can do what they like where they like as long as their attended, page on them if you think their not but chances are they will be.

Setting it up to be automated doesn't necessarily mean their not there. Maybe they don't have a house on that shard? Or does that not occur to anyone. That was the reason I last worked skill at a bank not that it was good enough for the abusive people claiming 'scripter' and all the rest of it (despite the fact I was having a conversation with them). I said they could friend me to a non fel house otherwise I don't have anywhere else to go. Obviously they didn't because they would rather complain about it than try and solve their problem but *shrugs* I've done my best to resolve it for them.